1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Ramsay is a talented boy, but have to remember that with his lack of experience, he’ll still likely throw in the odd stinker… important the fans don’t jump all over him when that inevitably happens.

A lot of noise has been made regarding Glass' management of youngsters during his time at Atlanta. Glass has even commented a few times about preventing burnout of some of the younger members of the squad. Early impressions but I think Ramsay is every bit as talented as Doig at Hibs.

Although he only had a short period on the pitch today Gurr looks promising. 

We also have Hernandez returning in January. Will be interesting to see if Glass can get Hernandez going.

35 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

A lot of noise has been made regarding Glass' management of youngsters during his time at Atlanta. Glass has even commented a few times about preventing burnout of some of the younger members of the squad. Early impressions but I think Ramsay is every bit as talented as Doig at Hibs.

Although he only had a short period on the pitch today Gurr looks promising. 

We also have Hernandez returning in January. Will be interesting to see if Glass can get Hernandez going.

Really doubt Hernandez will be returning. 

Whilst still under contract, he'll take some convincing that his future is still Aberdeen. 

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Really doubt Hernandez will be returning. 

Whilst still under contract, he'll take some convincing that his future is still Aberdeen. 

Yip especially as he finally seems to be making an impact over there. No chance he’s coming back imo 

7 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Good result. Their goalie was reminiscent of the useless Gonzalez - wouldn’t get carried away yet.

Top 6 looks a distinct possibility though.

Don't think anyone is getting carried away thinking we now rival Barcelona but let's just enjoy the result and what was a superb performance.

Prior to the match there was certainly a fair amount of grumbling about a lack of transfer activity, lack of game time, certain players stil being in the squad and also about Stephen Glass himself.

Last night's performance gave us a view of what Glass has achieved over the summer, the way the team plays and how certain players have either fitted into the team or have been transformed clearly loving the new system and style of play.

Agree we are still light in certain positions but the transfer window is still open and we can still bring in people but very mindful that we can lose a few as well (hopefully not).

So let's just enjoy the result and I am still buzzing and will have a huge smile on my face for the next few days!

COYR ?

• Upvote 2

Just had a peek at a Hacken FC forum. A lot of their fans seem to think we weren't all that great and some even claimed we are a poor side. A lot of excuses such as blaming the playing surface. Apparently they play on a plastic turf and are not use to grass. A fair number of them think they'll beat us comfortably next week. They clearly have a very low opinion of Scottish football. Love the bitterness.

• Upvote 2

I feel we are still vulnerable to teams running at us and our full backs are very high leaving space behind

but we play very high, at times  we had the ball in midfield half way into their half and had 4 or 5 in front of the ball, tends to mean if a player is going to run at you he is coming from deep

did like that basically everyone would bomb forward apart from Brown and 2 central defenders, 1st half row x between the 6yd and penalty spot - apart from set pieces I basically need the hubble telescope to see Brown and the central defenders

Also liked when we won a ball and broke forward it wasnt always "at pace" it was controlled and allowed support to move with the ball

we did see players tiring but was the first game

Hate  to say this some things reminded me of the way Rangers played last year. a firmly shut backdoor and overwhelmed the opposition by weight of numbers it the opposition broke they had to run the length of the pitch and were unsupported but to be fair was successful 

• Upvote 1

Really enjoyed that last night.  Went in knowing fuck all about either team, and the domination that followed has me feeling a bit uneasy about getting too excited about the Dons.  Recent thumpings dished out in Europe don't always always translate, though I felt Hacken had more about them than the Latvian and Georgian teams we've played.  

Key thing to take away was the football was more fluid and the movement seemed a lot better.  That might be just getting to see more of it when you are at a game, but certainly seemed different to McInnes' team 18 months ago.  Really interested to see how this looks at against Dundee United next week.  

9 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Key thing to take away was the football was more fluid and the movement seemed a lot better.  That might be just getting to see more of it when you are at a game, but certainly seemed different to McInnes' team 18 months ago.  

It looked better on the telly as well. 

Absolutely superb last night. Scott brown just doing what he does and didn’t look like a player aged 36 with the tiring legs that most thought would hold him back. His commitment cannot be questioned whatsoever now. Ferguson might, just might want to stay for another season. Someone like Scott brown playing alongside him could take him to that next level and he might get a better option than Watford, someone along the likes of Leeds or Newcastle. What a difference after that 90mins though. The sheer buzz of watching the game then outside the stadium after it. I’m glad we played someone like them last night whereas if we thumped a team from Andorra it would be great but it would be expected and we probably would not have appreciated such a performance. it basically was a flip of a coin with the bookmakers, but we swept them aside. To be honest we were slight favourites with the bookies but given their current form, new manager and halfway through season, I thought it they would’ve been down as slight favourites given this is our new teams first competitive game together. Also one massive positive is the players WANTED to play last night. You seen it at 2-0 up, they wanted another goal by playing quick free kicks or just getting on with it as quick as they could. Last year, under Mcinnes we would have went 1 or 2 nil up then been told to slow the game down, take your time at a free kick, run the clock down in the last 10. We scored 2 goals in the last 8 minutes last night when 3-1 up! Unbelievable stuff. This squad has something about it 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Eastcoastdon said:

Absolutely superb last night. Scott brown just doing what he does and didn’t look like a player aged 36 with the tiring legs that most thought would hold him back. His commitment cannot be questioned whatsoever now. Ferguson might, just might want to stay for another season. Someone like Scott brown playing alongside him could take him to that next level and he might get a better option than Watford, someone along the likes of Leeds or Newcastle. What a difference after that 90mins though. The sheer buzz of watching the game then outside the stadium after it. I’m glad we played someone like them last night whereas if we thumped a team from Andorra it would be great but it would be expected and we probably would not have appreciated such a performance. it basically was a flip of a coin with the bookmakers, but we swept them aside. To be honest we were slight favourites with the bookies but given their current form, new manager and halfway through season, I thought it they would’ve been down as slight favourites given this is our new teams first competitive game together. Also one massive positive is the players WANTED to play last night. You seen it at 2-0 up, they wanted another goal by playing quick free kicks or just getting on with it as quick as they could. Last year, under Mcinnes we would have went 1 or 2 nil up then been told to slow the game down, take your time at a free kick, run the clock down in the last 10. We scored 2 goals in the last 8 minutes last night when 3-1 up! Unbelievable stuff. This squad has something about it 

Ferguson said last night that having Brown in midfield just sitting allows him to move around the pitch and influence things more positively. Also said he's been encouraged to shoot from distance. If Ferguson stays, having Brown in there will be invaluable to him and the team.

Everything I'm hearing is the opposite of what McInnes wanted his players to do.

• Like 1

Just a question 

Any one think the South stand Photo Op will be our pre match routine - a different version of the huddle - gets the crowd on the feet. Works on away games too as you could do it on the half way line.

I wasnt sure if it was a thing for europe but it wasnt done for the press seems to have been done for the fans

13 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Ferguson said last night that having Brown in midfield just sitting allows him to move around the pitch and influence things more positively. Also said he's been encouraged to shoot from distance. If Ferguson stays, having Brown in there will be invaluable to him and the team.

Everything I'm hearing is the opposite of what McInnes wanted his players to do.

McGregor gets a lot of abuse but that's one thing he was able to do when he had Brown behind him at Celtic, it's noticeable and I hope we either get a great season out of Ferguson or we get a great deal that allows us to bring in someone to replace him.

Anyone else think Glass is a fantastic nutter? Only one recognised CH - the old and slow considine. A sitting midfielder with questionable legs - Brown. Limited preseason and up against a match fit team. The solution? Fuck it - 5 up top. Magic.

I shudder to imagine how negative our set up would of been this time last year.

• Haha 1

For any of the Hacken supporters having a look at the forum. That was a game going on about 9-3 let alone 5-1. Your defence is pish. 

your support are also clearly arrogant arseholes. I hadn’t even heard of your club before last night and you want to slate us. 
Next week we will sit in and hit you on the counter and wouldn’t surprise me if we beat you again.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Just a question 

Any one think the South stand Photo Op will be our pre match routine - a different version of the huddle - gets the crowd on the feet. Works on away games too as you could do it on the half way line.

I wasnt sure if it was a thing for europe but it wasnt done for the press seems to have been done for the fans

We do it every year in Europe. Not sure why. 

With the tie won, thoughts must be turning to the Utd game a week on Sunday, so how  do we see us lining up in the return leg next Thursday?

Gallagher will surely start, as must McKenzie. McGinn, McLennon, Kennedy, McGeough and Campbell might get decent game time too.

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Considine McKenzie

McGeough Campbell 

McGinn Kennedy McLennon

Ramirez