11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, fair fucks. Maybe the club have or will arrange a friendly for Monday to give some much needed match practice to a good few of the above. 

I’m just thinking back to league season openers of yore, ironically often v Utd, when we’ve traveled back after a Euro tie and been clearly fatigued by the exertions, and in this case, there is no need.

Like the McLean header 1-0 victory after we came back from Kazakhstan  ?

27 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Attacking free flowing football last night.

Some decent link up going forward.

Ojo still absolutely mince IMO, should have had a hatrick in the first half. 

Still missing a CB in there which I'm sure will come over the next few weeks.

Come away min - Ojo had a good game. You have a blinkered viewpoint of him. Think he could have scored the hattrick and youd still say he was shite. 

20 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Friendly v Cove today for those not involved last night, the likes of Woods, Gallagher, McGinn, Campbell, McGeouch, Kennedy will all be involved you'd imagine.

Had almost forgot about Kennedy. Should have been looking to offload him.

Also seems unnecessary having Ojo, Campbell and McGeouch. (Keep Deano)

11 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Come away min - Ojo had a good game. You have a blinkered viewpoint of him. Think he could have scored the hattrick and youd still say he was shite. 

If that had been his first game in a red shirt I think we would probably have agreed he did okay. As it is, he probably has some way to go to win over the sceptics.

3 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

If that had been his first game in a red shirt I think we would probably have agreed he did okay. As it is, he probably has some way to go to win over the sceptics.

I thought he was excellent until he came off. Think everybody deserves a clean slate. Easy for any midfielder to have any footballing ability sucked out of them under Derek McInnes. Seems revitalised, long may it continue. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Friendly v Cove today for those not involved last night, the likes of Woods, Gallagher, McGinn, Campbell, McGeouch, Kennedy will all be involved you'd imagine.

You'd guess these lads would be getting some minutes in:

Woods

Gurr/Virtanen

Gallangher

Hancock? (looks like he is ahead of Turner and Power?)

Ngwenya/Mackenzie

Campbell

McGeouch

McLennan/McGinn

Jenks

Kennedy

McGinn/Ruth

14 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Only one game but a revelatory one.

Not that it shouldn't have been obvious to anyone that the bearded midget charlatan weegie hun cunt was an abomination of a human being let alone a manager but equally revealing was that Glass isn't the inexperienced dope that some were thinking and may actually prove to be an excellent appointment and the first competent AFC manager for over thirty years.

Last night also proved the value of the "intangibles", of culture, attitudes and mindsets. It also proved that Stewrat Milne is a bad man and a piece of shit scum, not that anyone who knew him or knew anything about him didn't know this already. He's not just an embarrassment to himself and the NE, he serves to remind Aberdeen fans how stupid they were not to see through him (and his weegie bearded cunt to whom he passed the chequebook).

Zzzzz

25 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

If that had been his first game we would all be saying we’ve signed a really good player. He did more than okay.

On 18 July 2021 at 4:04 PM, Joe pike said:

BK Hacken looked distinctly average to me.

On 18 July 2021 at 4:20 PM, NEM said:

Thought the same but as Laichomoray says we've no idea what we're going to be like.  Definitely not confident going into Thursday

At least 2 of us were right about Hacken

Great result and performance. Was surprised like most to see Ojo get a start but he did well. Interesting in Glass' post match interview he spoke about his tactical awareness and ability to adapt across the midfield. 

I was a bit pessimistic about the season ahead but last night has definitely raised expectations. Hard to tell how good Hacken are though. Thought they would be similar to someone like Livingston or Motherwell but clearly not, probably more of a Dundee or a Hearts.

Also, fair play to Scott Brown. A proper leader.

2 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Great result and performance. Was surprised like most to see Ojo get a start but he did well. Interesting in Glass' post match interview he spoke about his tactical awareness and ability to adapt across the midfield. 

I was a bit pessimistic about the season ahead but last night has definitely raised expectations. Hard to tell how good Hacken are though. Thought they would be similar to someone like Livingston or Motherwell but clearly not. 

Also, fair play to Scott Brown. A proper leader.

Always hard to tell, bit what if they are? 5-1 every week please.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I would not make as many changes as others.

Gallagher needs to start to get the 90 under his belt so perhaps that means McCrorie (rb? cm?) or Considine (lb?) are shuffled elsewhere as it would be some shout to drop either of them.

Other than that i'd maybe restrict JET to 45 mins but I would start him again. Maybe have him share the 90 with Hedges.

Beyond that I wouldn't be making unnecessary changes.

I’ll assume Ojo is injured.

McCrorie pushed in to midfield, Gallagher in defence.

Thats all I’d do.

If we’re looking good after 60 minutes then sub off players with next Sunday in mind. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’ll assume Ojo is injured.

McCrorie pushed in to midfield, Gallagher in defence.

Thats all I’d do.

If we’re looking good after 60 minutes then sub off players with next Sunday in mind. 

id get Ojo back in the team as I probably would not have him in mind for the United game. None of our subbed players headed down the tunnel so i'd be hoping for a clean bill of health

My take on last night.

Brown played for us like he played against us in the past.Top performer for us last night.

Jet was excellent ,added much needed strength and ball retention.

Ramirez good to see him score.Can only improve.

Ramsay very confident and cool for a young player.

Ojo like a different player bombing forward non stop.(never crossed the 1/2 way line or broke into a trot under McInnes)

Ferguson great game .Brown let him get on with it.

Consindine gets a lot of stick but was really good 

Main difference was the style of play under Glass compared to McInnes .Instead of playing with the handbrake on we never stopped playing and trying to go forward.

We might take a few beatings but at least we will get some entertainment.

5 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Main difference was the style of play under Glass compared to McInnes .Instead of playing with the handbrake on we never stopped playing and trying to go forward.

We might take a few beatings but at least we will get some entertainment.

Agreed. There are bound to be games where our forward play isn't going to click as well as it did last night, but after the years of eye bleeding shite under McInnes I'll happily take it.

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Most enjoyable Dons game I've seen in 2-3 years. Could have been about 7 or 8 goals easily never mind 5! The opposition fell apart to be honest, but that was all down to how relentless we were, which was impressive for a first competitive game.

McCrorie brings pace to the centre of the defence which I think is valuable - not sure what will happen when Gallagher is back. Ramsay looked excellent on the ball and going forward. Considine (other than almost getting sent off) was superb. Brown smashed into a few tackles and swaggered around with the kind of confidence we've been lacking for a long time - that will rub off on others, and did last night. Ferguson was brilliant, and Hedges looked like the Hedges of last season, willing to pick up the ball and drive forward. JET won almost everything in the air and most times found a man with it - compare that to Cosgrove who just fell over every time the ball was played to him... world's apart! You can already see a partnership with Ramirez forming - he was also excellent leading the line, seems to work hard but has a nice touch and gets into the right positions. Credit to Ojo who looked a lot better than he did before. 

The only negative for me was Hayes - he seems to have regressed massively since he came back from Celtic - hardly ever seemed to find a man with a pass (similar to most of last season), not sure if he'd still do a job pushed further forward, but regardless I'd probably pick McKenzie over him at LB now.

Overall it was excellent, and hopefully a sign of what's to come!

I would wait to see if Hayes is still playing pish in a month or so before writing him off, even when he was in his prime, he was terrible in a few European games.

He played some of those early games like he was wearing welly boots.