7 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I actually wouldn't be opposed to McLennan being considered the third striker. He has much more potential there than he does as a winger. I believe it's the position he plays for Scotland u21s? His goals are always quite nice and he didn't do too badly when he was used up top against Livingston last season. It's his passing from midfield that is honking. 

Ramsay was a standout for me last night. Reminds me of Tierney in how comfortable he is on the ball. Really think he has a big future. 

Jet another who excelled. So good just behind Ramirez, who was also very good. 

I think he'll get chances in the 2 behind the front man off the bench. 

I can't see us playing with wingers much this season.

1. We haven't signed or been linked with any

2. Of the 4 wingers we have one played at left back and the other three were benched 

3. We didn't play with wingers last night. 

I think the full backs will be asked to provide the width and the two players behind the striker will get a bit of freedom. 

12 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Only one game but a revelatory one.

Not that it shouldn't have been obvious to anyone that the bearded midget charlatan weegie hun cunt was an abomination of a human being let alone a manager but equally revealing was that Glass isn't the inexperienced dope that some were thinking and may actually prove to be an excellent appointment and the first competent AFC manager for over thirty years.

Last night also proved the value of the "intangibles", of culture, attitudes and mindsets. It also proved that Stewrat Milne is a bad man and a piece of shit scum, not that anyone who knew him or knew anything about him didn't know this already. He's not just an embarrassment to himself and the NE, he serves to remind Aberdeen fans how stupid they were not to see through him (and his weegie bearded cunt to whom he passed the chequebook).

Let`s not forget that we lost 3 nil at home in the SC to the dirty arab bastards under Glass.....we need to reel in the analysis of the manager for a reasonable period. One game is not enough.

A good result and performance albeit against a team I had never heard of before the draw.

• Dildo 1
Just now, The Lighthouse said:

Let`s not forget that we lost 3 nil at home in the SC to the dirty arab bastards under Glass.....we need to reel in the analysis of the manager for a reasonable period. One game is not enough.

A good result and performance albeit against a team I had never heard of before the draw.

That post merely highlights your ignorance. 

• Dildo 1
6 minutes ago, The Lighthouse said:

Crikey. ?

6 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

That post merely highlights your ignorance. 

The boy's spot on though.

SC v arabs last season was embarrassing - admittedly Glass was just in the door but that performance was pitiful. He's right about nae judging on 1 good performance this season so far also, though the signs looked promising last night

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

SC v arabs last season was embarrassing - admittedly Glass was just in the door but that performance was pitiful. He's right about nae judging on 1 good performance this season so far also, though the signs looked promising last night

Aye we know already we've got a group that can put a half decent team to the sword on their day so that's a nice wee bonus at this stage.  But they've got to get a head of steam going and deliver most weeks over a period. 

9 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Aye let’s go for the glass half full. I was raging at the Utd game performance . Let’s see how this season pans out. Me I think it might work out fine .

11 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

It was on the cards from the crap McInnes constantly served up. 

If we can’t judge him on last night we certainly can’t judge him on the absolute shit heap he was left behind. Players who had been taught horrendous traits and were completely shot of all confidence. 

• Upvote 2
20 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

If we can’t judge him on last night we certainly can’t judge him on the absolute shit heap he was left behind. Players who had been taught horrendous traits and were completely shot of all confidence. 

Agree. I think this season is going to be  better than we have had for while. 

Hayes had several clown like moments but watched the game back and defensively he did ok and pressed and regained pocession made some good forward runs/ assist for Ramirez but McKenzie at 20 looks well capable of first choice by end of season. 2nd Leg ?

Lewis

Gurr Gallagher Considine McKenzie

Brown

Ferguson/McCrorie  Campbell

Jenks/Ferguson

Jet       Ramirez 

• Downvote 1
11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hayes is notoriously a pretty slow starter to the season, much like (but not to same extent as) Kenny McLean was.

He will no doubt come good again & be a very important player for Glass. He’s still adjusting to the (thankfully) change from McInnes type shite play.

Hayes was always best on wing & often cutting inside. Confident Glass can get him back to playing to his strengths.

He had a few bad passes and touches of the ball but came to life like the rest of the team after the first 2O minutes. 
He is a very decent player and I look forward to seeing him play a more positive game under the leadership of Glass. 

If anyone should be questioned it should be our opening goalscorer. Great run to the back post area to score the opening goal but cancelled out by his woeful inability to defend properly. 

17 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Stuck a tenner on Hacken to win BTTS. 5/1.  A wee softener. 

16 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Doesn't take much for me to get riled up about sky to be fair. 

I used to pay 110 a month mutlroo (2 boxes) when back in Aberdeenshire .

Now I pay 35 a YEAR for completely unlimited access to EVERYTHING they produce and more through IPTV.

In L Room kitchen, bedroom and roof terrace UHD on 300mpbs connection.
Fuck them.

13 hours ago, thurso said:

I usually give most people benefit of the doubt but ojo is crap 

He really is.
He made a cunt of a few things early on, almost leading to a goal for the visitors, then made an absolute cunt of himself when give a goalscoring opportunity from around 12 out.
After that, it was easy for him given the rest of the team played well.

No doubt, he is still shite and nowhere near the standard we need.

13 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Farce this. 

30 mins til KO, probs about 45 from getting in. 

Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

10 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Delighted to be proven wrong, best performance in a few moons.

Swedes weren't as decent as I thought they would be + McLennan scored!

Early days but, hopefully, sign of better days ahead.

Maybe they were only as decent as we allowed them to be.

9 hours ago, redstrummer said:

never heard any cunt getting called Broonzer up here 

Aye, in NE it would be Brooner.
As Jim Broon wis.

I do agree with the vibe that we need to temper our excitement with realisation that harder games lie ahead. 

Defensively thought we were good. I thought Considine should have done better with goal but thought mccrorie reading of the game was spot on. 

7 hours ago, Logiemink said:

Hayes had several clown like moments but watched the game back and defensively he did ok and pressed and regained pocession made some good forward runs/ assist for Ramirez but McKenzie at 20 looks well capable of first choice by end of season. 2nd Leg ?

Lewis

Gurr Gallagher Considine McKenzie

Brown

Ferguson/McCrorie  Campbell

Jenks/Ferguson

Jet       Ramirez 

yep I'd go with that . Think it would be good to give the other fullbacks a start . Jenks and Gallagher also need minutes , I'd be tempted to stick with McCrorie at CH and see how ge gets on with Gallagher , rest Considine

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

It was more aimed at the fact he had never heard of Hacken. 

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Member @Sooper-hanz

Hey brother, I'll temporarily suspend ignoring you for the greater good but keep on keeping on, it's hugely rewarding to see you expose yourself daily on here, an obsession you don't understand. The welching, the lies, the spite and the hate would be all very tee hee but for the sinister primary schoolboy humour which more than suggests a truncated emotional and intellectual development. Old chap, old bean, you've been done.

How is your "family member" enjoying the new culture at AFC?

You know, the one who texted you 12 times to inform you that McInnes had been binned?

The inside track you have on our club would be interesting to know.

How's the hangover?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Member @Sooper-hanz

Hey brother, I'll temporarily suspend ignoring you for the greater good but keep on keeping on, it's hugely rewarding to see you expose yourself daily on here, an obsession you don't understand. The welching, the lies, the spite and the hate would be all very tee hee but for the sinister primary schoolboy humour which more than suggests a truncated emotional and intellectual development. Old chap, old bean, you've been done.

How is your "family member" enjoying the new culture at AFC?

You know, the one who texted you 12 times to inform you that McInnes had been binned?

The inside track you have on our club would be interesting to know.

You really are a waste of bandwidth. A pitiful excuse of a human being that takes photos of random couples empty glasses in restaurants when they are trying to have some privacy. 

You’ve got an internet search history darker than a sea trench too, I bet.

• Downvote 1
32 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

To be honest, I would rarely watch it. 

It’s actually quite good. My days of sitting up in the middle of the night to watch live games are behind me. Just wake up the  next morning and watch the whole thing without knowing the score. You get most games now as well.

42 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

It’s actually quite good. My days of sitting up in the middle of the night to watch live games are behind me. Just wake up the  next morning and watch the whole thing without knowing the score. You get most games now as well.

You get every game now.

Has been the case for the last 3 or 4 years, i think*.

Excellent timing for me leaving the shitey UK when I did.  ?

Great that they did the "this match has recently finished, would you like to avoid any content that may reveal the result" or something like that.

*Possibly 2 or 3 not shown live due to UEFA fascism.

One that sticks out that away game Cup replay v the hun. Watched that 6am Cyprus time once it had been released.

Unfortunately at 1-0 up couldnae handle the tension, so zoomed it on to see the scoreline read 2-0. Stress dissipated. ?

19 hours ago, DelMonte said:

100%

the obvious move away from the really turgid McInnes style really is refreshing. I really hope that we continue the goal chase when winning in all games now & two leg cup games aren’t the exception to that ?

16 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

He really is.
He made a cunt of a few things early on, almost leading to a goal for the visitors, then made an absolute cunt of himself when give a goalscoring opportunity from around 12 out.
After that, it was easy for him given the rest of the team played well.

No doubt, he is still shite and nowhere near the standard we need.

Really not getting the Ojo love in either.  He was good going forward- kind of.  His totally basic football nous when spotting danger was terrible.  Shirked out of challenges, and was very badly positioned against his opposite number multiple times.

Can't wait for him to leave.

• Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Really not getting the Ojo love in either.  He was good going forward- kind of.  His totally basic football nous when spotting danger was terrible.  Shirked out of challenges, and was very badly positioned against his opposite number multiple times.

I think some people liked it cos he ran about a lot in straight lines.
Now not saying he was rubbish but he pushed off the ball when defending and when got near the box didn’t know what to do. Out of all our centre muds he would still be the one I sold. Even for free

10 hours ago, G31DON said:

Ojo wasn't deployed to cut out of attacks, I can't remember him shirking any tackles. What I found impressive was that he was able to break beyond the back line and get himself in good positions, the problem is he's a sitting midfielder and not used to getting in goal scoring positions. 

It's important with Brown in there though, that there are people around him able to do the leg work both ways. 

I don't mind Funso in this new role, with midfielders breaking into the box causing trouble, much better than we were used to last season. 

My assumption would probably be that once Gallagher comes in, RMC will go where Ojo was on Thursday, provided Ferguson isn't sold. The role Ojo played was made for him, I feel.