5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If you were Glass would you risk your good start by making wholesale changes? 

Can't see it myself. 

I would start with a very similar line up to last week and only bring in anyone who has been a shining light in training since thursday. As others have said if we still have a comfortable lead come the second half then rest some legs for Sunday. Don't see much point busting up something that so far seems to be working well. 

6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Maybe I'd push Hayes further forward into the Ojo roll, but then again, it depends if Glass thinks he can do the job Glass wanted Ojo to do.

Why would Hayes (or just about anyone else in the squad) not be able to do the job Ojo was doing? Unless I missed something last Thursday, Ojo was just running about in a sort of advanced midfield role kind of on the left side of the park... he was tracking back and he was running forward... he made a few tackles, played a few passes, got into the box a couple of times, missed a couple of chances. It's not like he was deployed in some kind of magical role that only Ojo can play. Credit to the boy, he played better than he's played for us before (which isn't much of an achievement!) but I don't think he did anything that Hayes, McGeouch, Campbell or anyone else couldn't do. 

Feel free to correct me though if I did miss something! 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Why would Hayes (or just about anyone else in the squad) not be able to do the job Ojo was doing? Unless I missed something last Thursday, Ojo was just running about in a sort of advanced midfield role kind of on the left side of the park... he was tracking back and he was running forward... he made a few tackles, played a few passes, got into the box a couple of times, missed a couple of chances. It's not like he was deployed in some kind of magical role that only Ojo can play. Credit to the boy, he played better than he's played for us before (which isn't much of an achievement!) but I don't think he did anything that Hayes, McGeouch, Campbell or anyone else couldn't do. 

Just reflecting on Glass’s comments that Ojo was selected there because he showed he understood immediately the plan that he wanted.

7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Fully agree. Ojo (rightly so) got a lot of praise on Thursday, but more so because he was wasn’t completely shit. He done okay, but Hayes could fill that role better. Stick either Considine to LB and replace with Gallagher or stick McKenzie into LB. That would be the only change(s) I would make. 

17 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Fully agree. Ojo (rightly so) got a lot of praise on Thursday, but more so because he was wasn’t completely shit. 

Yeah, I'd agree with not being completely shit.

But he was definitely shit. He's a shit player.

Was certainly shit when the ball came to him in advanced positions, either losing the ball, having a woeful attempt at goal or making a cunt of his control.

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

Stick either Considine to LB and replace with Gallagher or stick McKenzie into LB. 

Woah woah woah! Surely, the days of Andy playing left back are gone?

If part of Glass’ strategy is attacking full backs pushed high up the park, those days have to be consigned to Dusty Bin

59 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If part of Glass’ strategy is attacking full backs pushed high up the park, those days have to be consigned to Dusty Bin

Aye. Fuck that! The days of pish negative football and round pegs in square holes went with McInnes. CB or nowhere for Consi now.

Gallagher has to start so Consi (who is a booking off a suspension) on the bench and as you were for me.

Make a couple of changes at HT (Brown, Hayes for example) and a couple more 2nd half all being well.

9 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Just reflecting on Glass’s comments that Ojo was selected there because he showed he understood immediately the plan that he wanted.

Fair enough - I thought that was a slightly strange comment from Glass as I couldn't really see what Ojo was doing that was so tactically complicated. 

24 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Are you a qualified coach?

If not, that might be why 

I'm sure most folk didn't notice the extent to which Ramirez contributed 

I didn't either, to be fair 

Ramirez played a very good team game. Fantastic really, given it was his first competitive game for the Dons.

He made some terrific off the ball runs I'm sure will contribute to more opportunities as the team aligns with his thoughts.

I'm glad he got his reward with a goal.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Fair enough - I thought that was a slightly strange comment from Glass as I couldn't really see what Ojo was doing that was so tactically complicated. 

I am starting to wonder if perhaps Ojo wasn't ever a holding midfielder at all. I assumed he was because of the previous manager but having done a little digging on Wigan forums a few comments seemed to describe him as box to box. 

It makes me wonder if he is more similar to McCrorie and prefers driving with the ball. I think that could go some way to explaining his Glass' comments and his decent enough performance the other night. Who knows though. I still think he is a relatively ordinary player at best. 

I may be wrong I may be being too simplistic about this due to my lack of coaching experience and ability

Is it possible that when the coaching group looked at that position and looked at players already selected nd those not yet selected decided the player left who was best able to fill that position was Ojo?

mind you maybe some have decided that putting a less suitable player would be a coaching masterclass

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

I was only suggesting playing Considine at LB in this game as I think we will sit in quite deep where his lack of pace should not be an issue. Plus his height could be advantageous at defending set plays.

I am not advocating him at LB for games we are likely to be on the front foot. If Hayes was to be pushed forward to outside left, that would also give defensive cover. 

I have noted that Glass wants to win the game (and rightly so), but I don’t think we will be going gung-ho in Sweden. 

2 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Aye. Fuck that! The days of pish negative football and round pegs in square holes went with McInnes. CB or nowhere for Consi now.

Gallagher has to start so Consi (who is a booking off a suspension) on the bench and as you were for me.

Make a couple of changes at HT (Brown, Hayes for example) and a couple more 2nd half all being well.

Have a feeling he'll stick with the same team if Ojo is fit. All going well, bring on Gallagher and others from half-time onwards. If Ojo isn't fit, Gallagher will come in and McCrorie will move into midfield. 

18 minutes ago, Bamber said:

I may be wrong I may be being too simplistic about this due to my lack of coaching experience and ability

Is it possible that when the coaching group looked at that position and looked at players already selected nd those not yet selected decided the player left who was best able to fill that position was Ojo?

mind you maybe some have decided that putting a less suitable player would be a coaching masterclass

Also looking at the opposition. Glass specifically mentioned this when asked about Ojo.   

8 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Have a feeling he'll stick with the same team if Ojo is fit. All going well, bring on Gallagher and others from half-time onwards. If Ojo isn't fit, Gallagher will come in and McCrorie will move into midfield. 

Risking Consi getting a booking and being suspended would be foolish imo and Gallagher needs some game time before Sunday. 

Gallagher and McCrorie starting as the CB's for me. 

Only other change would be if Ojo is not fit but we've lots of cover there. 

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Risking Consi getting a booking and being suspended would be foolish imo and Gallagher needs some game time before Sunday. 

Agree with thon 

Hopefully the days of the tombola are over!

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Ah, if so Consi starts with Gallagher. McCrorie into midfield if Ojo nae 100%.

If Considine picks up a yellow on Thursday, he's only one more from missing the second leg of the QR3 or PO rounds.

Yellow card accumulations reset at the group stages, so it will be annoying if he's missing if we need him in the later rounds if he was unnecessarily played on Thursday

12 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Good shout, was forgetting he was on a booking. 

16 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Id go with that but also McKenzie in for Ojo and play Hayes further forward