16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

So it's 3 bookings then for a suspension , not 2?

If so there's no reason to leave him out for this one at all.  

Its an unnecessary risk as cited before.

It would seem we have the best opportunity for a long time to progress beyond QR3. Id hate for that to be at risk because Considine misses the second leg and either Gallagher or McCrorie pick up and injury.

I like Considine in that he is a solid pro who gives his all for the club, I called out that he would score the first goal from a corner on Thursday, just don't think its worth the risk of putting him on a knife edge with more important games to come.

Hacken have injury problems, they're short in midfield. One has picked up a crucial ligament injury and another an ankle injury (I think). They're talking about putting a defender into midfield and playing a LB in central defence (sound familiar;)). With a 4 goal lead, we should be able to coast to a result

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Its an unnecessary risk as cited before.

It would seem we have the best opportunity for a long time to progress beyond QR3. Id hate for that to be at risk because Considine misses the second leg and either Gallagher or McCrorie pick up and injury.

I like Considine in that he is a solid pro who gives his all for the club, I called out that he would score the first goal from a corner on Thursday, just don't think its worth the risk of putting him on a knife edge with more important games to come.

Hacken have injury problems, they're short in midfield. One has picked up a crucial ligament injury and another an ankle injury (I think). They're talking about putting a defender into midfield and playing a LB in central defence (sound familiar;)). With a 4 goal lead, we should be able to coast to a result

I just think it's pant pishing at a whole new level. 

Leaving folk out because they are TWO bookings away from a suspension? 

Was only a few days ago that folk were saying that the team would be undercooked due to not having enough game time together. The thing this team needs most is opportunities to play together as much as they can to build up an understanding. 

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I just think it's pant pishing at a whole new level. 

Leaving folk out because they are TWO bookings away from a suspension? 

Was only a few days ago that folk were saying that the team would be undercooked due to not having enough game time together. The thing this team needs most is opportunities to play together as much as they can to build up an understanding. 

HaHa, Being sensible and responsible is not pant pishing.

Everyone is calling for Gallagher to get game time, so the easiest option would be a straight swap.

hopefully with Hackens' injury problems, the game is a non event from their perspective and it becomes a training game.

It only takes one moment to pick up an unnecessary booking though, that the risk

were hopefully embarking on an 10 game run with midweek games, so we should be utilising the squad as best we can is all I'm saying

Just now, afc1903mad said:

HaHa, Being sensible and responsible is not pant pishing.

Everyone is calling for Gallagher to get game time, so the easiest option would be a straight swap.

hopefully with Hackens' injury problems, the game is a non event from their perspective and it becomes a training game.

It only takes one moment to pick up an unnecessary booking though, that the risk

were hopefully embarking on an 8 game run with midweek games, so we should be utilising the squad as best we can is all I'm saying

Depends on who his first choice pairing is going to be. 

If it's Gallagher and Considine then they'd be better served getting some game time together before the league campaign starts. 

If it's Gallagher and McCrorie then fine leave Considine out. 

But leaving someone out when they are miles away from a suspension is over cautious in the extreme. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Are you a qualified coach?

If not, that might be why 

I'm sure most folk didn't notice the extent to which Ramirez contributed 

I didn't either, to be fair 

Definitely not a qualified coach... but like most others on here I've played and watched enough football over the years to have a reasonable understanding of tactics and positions etc.

As someone else said, maybe the key to Glass' comments on Ojo was that he had in mind that he would somehow foil the oppositions building from the back, or a particular dangerman in that position. Whatever it was, I didn't pick up on it in the game - looked to me like he was just playing a fairly standard advanced midfield role. 

Ramirez on the other hand, did catch my eye - I thought he led the line better than any striker we've had in years. His touch and awareness was also excellent, and his understanding with those around him looks good already. Obviously can't get too excited based on one game, but he seemed to show great understanding and aptitude in the role he's been given.

JET, tactically and positionally, seemed to be doing everything right in the first half, sticking close to Ramirez, finding him with flick ons, and linking the play. Later in the second half he started dropping too deep and was too far away from Ramirez to have the same effect.

You don't need coaching certificates to notice tactical stuff. I guess if you're trying to implement something that will nulify the opposition that requires a lot more insight that the average viewer doesn't have.

Anyway, bottom line is - I hope Ojo continues to improve if he's going to play a part this season.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Depends on who his first choice pairing is going to be. 

If it's Gallagher and Considine then they'd be better served getting some game time together before the league campaign starts. 

If it's Gallagher and McCrorie then fine leave Considine out. 

But leaving someone out when they are miles away from a suspension is over cautious in the extreme. 

So you're worried about Dundee Utd, now who's pishing their pants? ?

52 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Thing is, is there an issue hugging your son/daughter/wife etc that you've went to the game in your pod?

Seems a bit extreme to be honest, I thought by and large, our fans were exemplary

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/uefa-europa-conference-league/bk-hacken-v-aberdeen/winner

Hacken were bang average except a bit of pace up front. Worth a few quid on us here I reckon.

Hacken seem to have completely underestimated us. Probably under the assumption that Scottish football is shite, completely forgetting how poor their own league is.

They are nowhere near the quality of sides like Groningen or Rijeka, let alone Burnley, Real Sociedad, Sporting Lisbon and the like. 

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Hacken seem to have completely underestimated us. Probably under the assumption that Scottish football is shite, completely forgetting how poor their own league is.

They are nowhere near the quality of sides like Groningen or Rijeka, let alone Burnley, Real Sociedad, Sporting Lisbon and the like. 

To be fair I would've underestimated us going on how we performed last season and given we haven't made that many signings. Given they had strung a few wins together, they were right to think they had a good chance. 

The home leg performance was not what people were expecting. Hopefully it suggests something is going well behind the scenes and continues tomorrow. 

we have some definate weaknesses

the first of which is over confidence - even this site doesnt have a hacken vs aberdeen match thread. We have jus tgone with this one as if its some extension of the other night

We pushed our midfield very high left a lot of room beween midfield and our backline of 3

We have massive gaps behind full backs who are well forward

Our defensive line still dont like people running at them (a problem for years)

unless we get an early goal i see us losing 1 or 2 and the game to be honest - Gaps behind the midfield and over confidence doing us in get an early goal and we will have 2 or 3

1 minute ago, Bamber said:

the first of which is over confidence - even this site doesnt have a hacken vs aberdeen match thread. We have jus tgone with this one as if its some extension of the other night

We pushed our midfield very high left a lot of room beween midfield and our backline of 3

unless we get an early goal i see us losing 1 or 2 and the game to be honest - Gaps behind the midfield and over confidence doing us in get an early goal and we will have 2 or 3

They weren't great, have had a few more injuries since last week and we have another week of training under our belts.  Don't think it's unreasonable to be confident going into tomorrows game.

6 minutes ago, Bamber said:

I don't see it that way.

Yes, they were a threat going forward, but have lost a couple of players through injury and are now talking about putting their CH's into midfield and backfilling the CH position.

I think we have the experience to pick them off and I'm more confident now we will win this  by 1 or 2

20 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

To be fair I would've underestimated us going on how we performed last season and given we haven't made that many signings. Given they had strung a few wins together, they were right to think they had a good chance. 

The home leg performance was not what people were expecting. Hopefully it suggests something is going well behind the scenes and continues tomorrow. 

True.

Their fans seem to be basing how good we are by our performances last season as well, and the number of goals we've scored. I'm not sure if they realise that we've basically got a new squad and management team.  

14 minutes ago, Bamber said:

and yet, we conceded only 1 goal with a backline of Ramsey (17), McCrorie (midfielder,), Considine (ancient and slow) and Hayes (shite). 

I seen nothing of Hacken to think that we'll lose the game. It will certainly be a lot closer than the home game, but they've lost a heap of players and  defensively all over the shop.