3 minutes ago, BitWait said:

They look decent and in form , not holding up much hope in this one but c'mon the Dons let's pull this one off and at least give ourselves a chance for the second leg. In Le Havre , France , not sure if I can ppv from here ? 

Yeah. Pretty sure you can buy the game from anywhere in Europe except Sweden. 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Remember and get yourself there on time….last warning!

Dinna you worry your pretty little cotton socks about me.

Ill be there in plenty of time to make eye contact with the Hacken players and the Spanish Officials.

Now, if you could please reciprocate the polite request to stop posting pish it would be greatly appreciated.

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Get into these no-mark cnuts please AFC.

A fine Danish king and King of England by all accounts.

Too hard to gauge the outcome of tonight's match, considering we've only played two friendlies with a significant team turnover and BK Hacken are well under way in their league. The Allsvenskan is a decent enough league. 

Not a betting proposition for me but nonetheless COYR!!! 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Only thing that really matters the rest is just noise this early in the campaign

Not if the tell tale signs are there though.  100% score or nothing to see us through.  But you can’t bluff the other points and just hope we don’t notice as the season develops.  Sadly that’s how I remember McInnes’ last season and a half.  A that’ll do, managing expectation experience all round with predictable results.

But it works both ways too.  If we lose, and we’re ice cold whereas they’re coming off, what, 8,9 competitive games that could quite easily happen.  But if we look fit, look like we know what we’re doing, look like we’re addressing obvious squad holes then we’ll support it, at least for now. A bit Burnley if you like.  That’s still preferable despite the joyous hatchet job the weegia will revel in.

5 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Anyone having trouble with the separate PPV site?  I have logged in to the Redtv homepage but when I try to buy the game on the ppv login page it says Invalid Credentials.

Pain

In

the

Arse

If I recall from last year, the PPV and Red TV were different login pages

PPV website - https://ppv.afc.co.uk/login

RedTV login - https://redtv.afc.co.uk/login

Try the PPV page

7 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Anyone having trouble with the separate PPV site?  I have logged in to the Redtv homepage but when I try to buy the game on the ppv login page it says Invalid Credentials.

Pain

In

the

Arse

The supposed alignment of accounts is a nightmare.  I created a new account and linked my donsid to it but i'm now not recognised under old or new passwords for redtv or the club shop

13 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Pain

In

the

Arse

Nope , just bought my game pass using login details from previous purchases.

The worst that will happen tonight is we get pumped, but it will finally give us a competitive match to help prepare for the league, which should be our main focus - DM had nearly a decade to progress us in Europe and he never managed. Glass isn’t going to be able to fix our squad quality, style of play and confidence on the ball within a matter of months, so just focus on the positives. We can be guaranteed we’ll see an Aberdeen team who TRY to play football in an entertaining way, it might not work so soon, but isn’t this what we were all crying out for before Mcinnes was dunted? I recall people wanting relegation fights to give us some excitement back.

Let’s just look forward to finally getting a few beers and being able to go to a match with the added nervous excitement of not knowing what the fuck’s going to happen or how we’ll play. The jeopardy is what’ll make it fun.

COYR.

• Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, 1983 said:

The worst that will happen tonight is we get pumped, but it will finally give us a competitive match to help prepare for the league, which should be our main focus - DM had nearly a decade to progress us in Europe and he never managed. Glass isn’t going to be able to fix our squad quality, style of play and confidence on the ball within a matter of months, so just focus on the positives. We can be guaranteed we’ll see an Aberdeen team who TRY to play football in an entertaining way, it might not work so soon, but isn’t this what we were all crying out for before Mcinnes was dunted? I recall people wanting relegation fights to give us some excitement back.

Let’s just look forward to finally getting a few beers and being able to go to a match with the added nervous excitement of not knowing what the fuck’s going to happen or how we’ll play. The jeopardy is what’ll make it fun.

COYR.

I love your glass half full optimism - I dearly hope you are correct in your assessment of how we will play and that we are gearing up for years of bright attacking football with our 30+ year old signings, untried loanees and Atlantas reserve right back. I'm just not convinced the action matches the rhetoric - they've talked the talk but walking the walk is harder and I think we'd all feel more comfortable giving them time if they had brought players in permanently who looked like they had a future rather than a past.

2 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

I love your glass half full optimism - I dearly hope you are correct in your assessment of how we will play and that we are gearing up for years of bright attacking football with our 30+ year old signings, untried loanees and Atlantas reserve right back. I'm just not convinced the action matches the rhetoric - they've talked the talk but walking the walk is harder and I think we'd all feel more comfortable giving them time if they had brought players in permanently who looked like they had a future rather than a past.

If you look, they've added mainly to the spine (Brown, Gallagher, Ramirez, JET) and have went with experience which hopefully will bring on the youngsters (MacKenzie, McCrorie, Ferguson etC)

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Pay the £10 or £13 to the Dons - cheapskate 

Can understand your viewpoint versus streaming illegally. But if Skybet are streaming for their customers legally, then why would you pay?

I'm not a Skybet customer and have paid PPV for what it's worth. 

36 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

The reasoning behind this has been explained and marks a change in our signing strategy. Glass wanted experienced professionals who could help to bring our young players on and develop them. For now, I don't think we're going to see us buying as many players in their "prime", but if you recall when we bought players in their "prime" under McInnes they were often in the prime of mediocrity or the prime of continuous injury.  Yes, some worked out nicely, but many didn't. If we end up hiring more older players who are still fit and can more reliably get their shit together, while at the same time helping to bring on our youth and install the right mentality in them, then I am okay with that. 

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

The reasoning behind this has been explained and marks a change in our signing strategy. Glass wanted experienced professionals who could help to bring our young players on and develop them. For now, I don't think we're going to see us buying as many players in their "prime", but if you recall when we bought players in their "prime" under McInnes they were often in the prime of mediocrity or the prime of continuous injury.  Yes, some worked out nicely, but many didn't. If we end up hiring more older players who are still fit and can more reliably get their shit together, while at the same time helping to bring on our youth and install the right mentality in them, then I am okay with that. 

The only flaw with that strategy is the risk of letting young players from other clubs available for a decent fee who can turn a profit a few years down the line slip from our grasp. 

You can have as many brilliant senior pros as you want but you'll still be limited by how many youngsters make it from your own system. A player without the raw potential to succeed will still not make it.