Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tord31

Aberdeen 5 - 1 BK Hacken

Recommended Posts

Too often he pisses possession away when under no pressure, or loses possession through either lack of concentration of just being muscled off the ball. Then we're immediately on the defensive.

One of JETs goals against us last season came exactly from Hayes being dispossessed by JET, who then passed the ball off to a team mate and moved into a position where he could receive the return pass and score. Hayes was posted missing that entire move. 

He used to terrorise defences down the left, but now when he gets the ball you're immediately looking back down the field to see if there's cover for if/when he loses the fucking ball. 

Has Matty Kennedy learned how to cross a football yet?

Share this post


Link to post

It's not the end of the world if Hayes starts to become more of a bit part player. We've got Hayes, Considine, Mackenzie and Ngwenya all for left back.

For midfield weve options too.

Share this post


Link to post

 

Could still have a part to play further forward at times, in that left midfield role Ojo played last night. 

McKenzie still needs more games imo before we can say he's ready to take on the first team left back role full time. 

So there will be opportunities for Hayes this season. Still handy to have around for another year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post

dont suppose there's any highlights kicking about? fell asleep on the sofa just before the 1st goal😡  5am starts &10hrs days are ruining my social life

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

dont suppose there's any highlights kicking about? fell asleep on the sofa just before the 1st goal😡  5am starts &10hrs days are ruining my social life

Red Tv got the goals - video's about 7 mins long

Share this post


Link to post

Excellent performance. Same performance in the league will get us a great season this year. However…
 

Ojo performed well, no taking that away. But, there are some obvious holes in his game. 
Hayes at a point in his career now that he’s noticeably slowing. Still a good player though. 
defense struggles against direct runners. 
 

if we could improve these small areas a little bit, we could be a genuinely quality side competing for a champions league qualifying place. Really exciting improvement.
 

Brown, Ramirez, and Jet make such a difference in quality and composure. 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

dont suppose there's any highlights kicking about? fell asleep on the sofa just before the 1st goal😡  5am starts &10hrs days are ruining my social life

There’s a dodgy video on YouTube, very patchy don’t see much of 5th goal 

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

dont suppose there's any highlights kicking about? fell asleep on the sofa just before the 1st goal😡  5am starts &10hrs days are ruining my social life

Nae the best of quality but…..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Joe pike said:

My take on last night.

Brown played for us like he played against us in the past.Top performer for us last night.

Jet was excellent ,added much needed strength and ball retention.

Ramirez good to see him score.Can only improve.

Ramsay very confident and cool for a young player.

Ojo like a different player bombing forward non stop.(never crossed the 1/2 way line or broke into a trot under McInnes)

Ferguson great game .Brown let him get on with it.

Consindine gets a lot of stick but was really good 

Main difference was the style of play under Glass compared to McInnes .Instead of playing with the handbrake on we never stopped playing and trying to go forward.

We might take a few beatings but at least we will get some entertainment.

Just shows how much of a restraint McInnes put on the team. Really scary (in a good way) how big a difference between their styles of play. 
Getting a tune out of Ojo is impressive, looks a different player. Would be hopeful of seeing similar improvements in likes of McGeouch also under Glass. Kennedy is pretty much a lost cause though, as his abilities are poor in general.

Great to see the team playing with such freedom & not holding possession ‘recycling possession’ PISH. 

Makes for a far happier team all around & attitudes will only get better for it

 

Expect a strong push for early goals from Hacken next week, be interesting & a good test of the team to see how we react to it. Especially if they score early. 
Hopefully we continue & take game to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zander1903 said:

dont suppose there's any highlights kicking about? fell asleep on the sofa just before the 1st goal😡  5am starts &10hrs days are ruining my social life

It's on Redtv.

Support the club by buying it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Having let the dust settle on our best performance in years, albeit time will tell how good the opposition really were, my assessment of the players on display as follows:

Lewis - feck all to do but distribution was noticeably better and don't remember him kicking ball out once. 

Ramsay - continues to be very mature for age and will be valued in the millions before too long.

Hayes - sadly a shadow of his former self who seems to have more mistakes in him. Might be a fringe player before season is out.

McCrorie - decent shift at centre back, much, much better than expected.

Considine - good booking before his goal and some accurate long range passes. Gets better and better with age.

Brown - even without the ball you can see the effect his influence and prompts has on the rest of team. Perfect captain material, sorry Joe.

Ojo - really good performance. Glass had him more attack minded that DM ever did.

Hedges - quieter than normal but still effective enough to merit a starting place.

Ferguson - pure class, totally affected by Brown safety net. Unfortunately reckon that might hasten a higher bid for his services.

JET - again good performance. Strong as an ox and didn't lose a ball in the air.

Ramirez - my man of the match. A lot of game awareness goes unnoticed but really glad he scored to cap a fine all round performance.

Gurr - looks more useful than I thought he would be, albeit we were well on top once he took to the field.

McKenzie - basically same comments as Ramsay, no question.

McLennan - the way he took his goal shows some progress for the lad. Fingers crossed that he gets better from here on in.

Jenks - not enough game time to pass comment.

Final conclusion - unexpected great start to season. However we certainly need a couple more signings to bolster squad, especially if Ferguson sold and a couple go out on loan. If either JET or Ramirez get injured we will struggle up front without younger legs than McGinn.

Share this post


Link to post

Fantastic performance. Great show from Brown. I was a sceptic at first, now a total convert.

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn’t surprised by Browns performance at all.  But we’d be foolish to expect a seasons worth of it.  Hope, yes.  Expect, no.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

It's not the end of the world if Hayes starts to become more of a bit part player. We've got Hayes, Considine, Mackenzie and Ngwenya all for left back.

For midfield weve options too.

Hayes gets away with a lot because of his pace. Still a useful player to have on the pitch, particularly because of his work rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Studebaker-90 said:

Hayes gets away with a lot because of his pace. Still a useful player to have on the pitch, particularly because of his work rate. 

Think we just need to use him sparingly as an attacking option, the LB spot has been passed about too many players now and not given to someone to make their own for the next 5 years or so. With a new emphasis at the club now is the time for us to have a proper LB

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, shut up meg said:

I would wait to see if Hayes is still playing pish in a month or so before writing him off, even when he was in his prime, he was terrible in a few European games.

He played some of those early games like he was wearing welly boots.

Haha he played last night like he had welly boots on the wrong feet. 

I'll certainly not write him off just yet, but I do wonder if he'll become more of a bit part player similar to McGinn. Even if he is, his experience will be good to have in the squad, and he is versatile and able to cover a few positions.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

It's nothing to do with "slowing ", still looks fast to me

Its his technique,  bizarrely 

Would agree. He is still quick. Needs to get down the wing and cross into the box. Seems incapable of finding his man more times than not with those stupid ten yard cut backs

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Great result and performance. Was surprised like most to see Ojo get a start but he did well. Interesting in Glass' post match interview he spoke about his tactical awareness and ability to adapt across the midfield. 

I was a bit pessimistic about the season ahead but last night has definitely raised expectations. Hard to tell how good Hacken are though. Thought they would be similar to someone like Livingston or Motherwell but clearly not, probably more of a Dundee or a Hearts.

Also, fair play to Scott Brown. A proper leader.

The thing that struck me most was that Ojo was all over the pitch whereas McInnes had him sticking rigidly in front of the defence. 

Some of the link up play in forward positions was really superb last night. JET has great technique for a big guy. 

Actually can’t wait for the united game now to see how we compare against our usual opposition.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Would agree. He is still quick. Needs to get down the wing and cross into the box. Seems incapable of finding his man more times than not with those stupid ten yard cut backs

He slipped quite a few times last night as well I think. Just a bit of a mare in general for him.

Share this post


Link to post

I thought everyone was good last night. 
 

I think Ramsey is excellent a few more performances like that and he will be in the Scotland squad as from the little Iv seen of both players he’s as good as Paterson. Even his corners were good apart from the first one which was over hit by miles the rest were all into dangerous areas 
 

I thought mccrorie and considine were pretty composed at centre half apart from one brain fart where they scored but I think I’d rather see mccrorie in midfield. 
Hayes was ok his short passing out of defence was honking but when he got into the final third his crossing was pretty good on the main 
 

I hope we keep hold of Ferguson him and brown in there are already looking like they can play together. Ojo played ok last night did a lot of running but as soon as he got into the final third it was as if he had no idea what to do, could of and should of had a couple of goals. 
 

The 3 up front linked well. Hedges was quite but effective. Ramirez was excellent some nice touches and lay offs got a goal he deserved and jet was better than I expected especially first half thought some of his play was really good I thought he would be a decent squad player but I think he will be vital for us. 
 

The subs came on and all played a part id like to see Mackenzie start more, gurr will be good at right back when called upon and the enigma that is macclennan his step overs rarely come of when he dribbles he takes a stupid extra touch that puts it to far infront but boy did he take his goal well, maybe he is the third striker we are going with. 
 

Over all I’m delighted if we can keep that performance up all season it’s going to be a very good season.
The only down side is when stadiums are allowed to be full the pay per views will stop and I thoroughly  enjoyed that last night and won’t see them then 

Share this post


Link to post

Glad to see the floodgates open. Fergs seems more comfortable again out there. The shinnie and brown types playing with him seem to help. 5 goals lol. That's a few months worth under the old regime.

Share this post


Link to post

Hayes is notoriously a pretty slow starter to the season, much like (but not to same extent as) Kenny McLean was.

He will no doubt come good again & be a very important player for Glass. He’s still adjusting to the (thankfully) change from McInnes type shite play.

Hayes was always best on wing & often cutting inside. Confident Glass can get him back to playing to his strengths.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Only one game but a revelatory one.

Not that it shouldn't have been obvious to anyone that the bearded midget charlatan weegie hun cunt was an abomination of a human being let alone a manager but equally revealing was that Glass isn't the inexperienced dope that some were thinking and may actually prove to be an excellent appointment and the first competent AFC manager for over thirty years.

Last night also proved the value of the "intangibles", of culture, attitudes and mindsets. It also proved that Stewrat Milne is a bad man and a piece of shit scum, not that anyone who knew him or knew anything about him didn't know this already. He's not just an embarrassment to himself and the NE, he serves to remind Aberdeen fans how stupid they were not to see through him (and his weegie bearded cunt to whom he passed the chequebook).

Never liked a man that sits on the fence.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

The thing that struck me most was that Ojo was all over the pitch whereas McInnes had him sticking rigidly in front of the defence. 

Some of the link up play in forward positions was really superb last night. JET has great technique for a big guy. 

Actually can’t wait for the united game now to see how we compare against our usual opposition.

For a midfield player McInnes was pretty shit in being able to put a cohesive midfield together 

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hayes is notoriously a pretty slow starter to the season, much like (but not to same extent as) Kenny McLean was.

He will no doubt come good again & be a very important player for Glass. He’s still adjusting to the (thankfully) change from McInnes type shite play.

Hayes was always best on wing & often cutting inside. Confident Glass can get him back to playing to his strengths.

 

Going to have to agree with you there 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thurso said:

I thought everyone was good last night. 
 

I think Ramsey is excellent a few more performances like that and he will be in the Scotland squad as from the little Iv seen of both players he’s as good as Paterson. Even his corners were good apart from the first one which was over hit by miles the rest were all into dangerous areas 
 

I thought mccrorie and considine were pretty composed at centre half apart from one brain fart where they scored but I think I’d rather see mccrorie in midfield. 
Hayes was ok his short passing out of defence was honking but when he got into the final third his crossing was pretty good on the main 
 

I hope we keep hold of Ferguson him and brown in there are already looking like they can play together. Ojo played ok last night did a lot of running but as soon as he got into the final third it was as if he had no idea what to do, could of and should of had a couple of goals. 
 

The 3 up front linked well. Hedges was quite but effective. Ramirez was excellent some nice touches and lay offs got a goal he deserved and jet was better than I expected especially first half thought some of his play was really good I thought he would be a decent squad player but I think he will be vital for us. 
 

The subs came on and all played a part id like to see Mackenzie start more, gurr will be good at right back when called upon and the enigma that is macclennan his step overs rarely come of when he dribbles he takes a stupid extra touch that puts it to far infront but boy did he take his goal well, maybe he is the third striker we are going with. 
 

Over all I’m delighted if we can keep that performance up all season it’s going to be a very good season.
The only down side is when stadiums are allowed to be full the pay per views will stop and I thoroughly  enjoyed that last night and won’t see them then 

I actually wouldn't be opposed to McLennan being considered the third striker. He has much more potential there than he does as a winger. I believe it's the position he plays for Scotland u21s? His goals are always quite nice and he didn't do too badly when he was used up top against Livingston last season. It's his passing from midfield that is honking. 

Ramsay was a standout for me last night. Reminds me of Tierney in how comfortable he is on the ball. Really think he has a big future. 

Jet another who excelled. So good just behind Ramirez, who was also very good. 

Edited by Sheeptastic

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Quite funny that the penalty came from a tackle from Benson on Hedges 🤣

 

Made me chuckle 

 

ok it’s Bengtsson but that’s close enough 

Edited by fine-n-dandy
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

I actually wouldn't be opposed to McLennan being considered the third striker. He has much more potential there than he does as a winger. I believe it's the position he plays for Scotland u21s? His goals are always quite nice and he didn't do too badly when he was used up top against Livingston last season. It's his passing from midfield that is honking. 

Ramsay was a standout for me last night. Reminds me of Tierney in how comfortable he is on the ball. Really think he has a big future. 

Jet another who excelled. So good just behind Ramirez, who was also very good. 

I think he'll get chances in the 2 behind the front man off the bench. 

I can't see us playing with wingers much this season.

1. We haven't signed or been linked with any

2. Of the 4 wingers we have one played at left back and the other three were benched 

3. We didn't play with wingers last night. 

I think the full backs will be asked to provide the width and the two players behind the striker will get a bit of freedom. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...