i take it you guys are forgetting Fola Esch? after playing them off the park we decided we were good enough to leave McGinn at home  not even on the bench we never even put him on the plane went from 3-1 up and really comfortable to hanging on in the last minutes winning the first game 3-1 and being one goal down and them all over us - those day we would have been out if they scored

Really simple

exactly the same starting line up keep at 3 goal lead at half time then you think about wide ranging changes.

You dont 

make them think we are over confident enough to play our second string or make our team think the game is done

nothing will impact dundee united more being taken to extra time by stupidly playing a second string.

Same team keep a 3 goal lead going into the second half - make changes. 

Oh and gallagher considine mcrorie - again the obvious answer is you finish the second half with the central defensive partnership starting against dundee united.

i might give Gurr or Mckenzie a game but thats all but I still have the same question .........why?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

By Hacken?

It's just too risky min for all the reasons mentioned. 

You're suggesting an almost completely different team when we've only played one game. 

We don't know whether that is our normal performance yet. Could have been a one off. There were spells in both halves when the game was fairly even. 

I could possibly see the reasoning behind leaving out Considine if you're bothered about bookings. 

Or I could see an argument for playing Gallagher alongside Considine and playing McCrorie in midfield instead of Ojo if we wanted to tighten up a bit. 

But that's about it. Our team need time to play with each other at this stage rather than chopping and changing before they've had a chance to bed in.  And individuals need to get a run games under their belts too. 

If we're still 4 or more goals up after an hour then fine, throw on all 5 subs over the remaining half an hour and rest a few for Sunday's league opener as well as giving a few others competitive game time. 

34 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

The fuck with resting anyone. Same starting 11 please. Let the rest earn their place on this team of winners.

Agreed - let's beat them 5-0 this time and launch into the league campaign in top form! 

The players need time to gel and to get used to the way Glass wants them to play. As others have said, with 5 subs allowed, you can replace half the team early in the second half if you want to give some a rest, and others a run out. 

Only change I would make is to drop Ojo for Gallagher, and switch McCrorie into midfield.

• Upvote 1

Seen the game against elfsborg who were second I think, 1-1 it ended, we played really well on Thursday, they won’t get beat by that margin again any time soon!, they played well at home, good thing is Heinz injured himself 80 mins and covered his face with his top when getting treatment, he couldn’t continue so there’s one out at least 

45 minutes ago, Bamber said:

your point being ? (afc1903mad

Against Fola Esch, it was only 2 goals with the away goals counting. Here we have a 4 goal lead with no away goals rule, so they need to score 5.

Your suggesting we maintain a 3 goal lead, came across as you didn’t realise it was a 4 goal lead, else are happy to concede 1 goal 

I don’t think on an individual basis, the changes suggested are too far out there.

Gurr for Ramsay. Gurr seemed ok when he came on last Thursday. Most seemed to think that he was coming in as our first choice and was surprised Tamsay started. With Ramsay only being 17, we will manage his development.

Gallagher for McCrorie/Considine seems to be a given

MacKenzie for Hayes - Again MacKenzie stood out as an improvement on Thursday

McLennan, Campbell McGinn / Mcgeouch coming for Hedges, Ferguson and Ojo. I agree, this is a downgrade. I’d be confident that Brown would keep them organised

Jenks for JET. Good feet for JET and important for the flick ones. Jenks looked like a big loon as well, so I think it would be good to see more of him competitively before the league season starts.

8 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Seen the game against elfsborg who were second I think, 1-1 it ended, we played really well on Thursday, they won’t get beat by that margin again any time soon!, they played well at home, good thing is Heinz injured himself 80 mins and covered his face with his top when getting treatment, he couldn’t continue so there’s one out at least 

Thought their no 9 Jerkmejeff was the threat for them. Gallagher to have him in his back hipper

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Against Fola Esch, it was only 2 goals with the away goals counting. Here we have a 4 goal lead with no away goals rule, so they need to score 5.

Your suggesting we maintain a 3 goal lead, came across as you didn’t realise it was a 4 goal lead, else are happy to concede 1 goal 

I don’t think on an individual basis, the changes suggested are too far out there.

Gurr for Ramsay. Gurr seemed ok when he came on last Thursday. Most seemed to think that he was coming in as our first choice and was surprised Tamsay started. With Ramsay only being 17, we will manage his development.

Gallagher for McCrorie/Considine seems to be a given

MacKenzie for Hayes - Again MacKenzie stood out as an improvement on Thursday

McLennan, Campbell McGinn / Mcgeouch coming for Hedges, Ferguson and Ojo. I agree, this is a downgrade. I’d be confident that Brown would keep them organised

Jenks for JET. Good feet for JET and important for the flick ones. Jenks looked like a big loon as well, so I think it would be good to see more of him competitively before the league season starts.

Irealised perfectly well we have a 4 goal lead - if we get to half time with a 3 goal lead thats enough for me - if we get to 1/2 time with a 2 goal lead we are in trouble away from home on a strange pitch

They only need to score 4 to put it to extra time which is stupid going into a game on Sunday followed quickly by another potential european game

we can throw on 5 subs so make sure the game is put to bed by 1/2 time and make the changes

no one gave us a chance for 5 goals and we are obviously weak - we still do not like it when a back line is run at - if I saw it so will they. We have a massive gap from middle to rear covered by 3 players. A ball over the top wont hurt too much as its too far for their midfield to support a ball into the space between our midfield and defence will hurt us every time. 

Very strong on Thursday but we have gaps that a team that has now seen us play will exploit

I can see us losing goals - we had  the best result in europe thursday lets not have the worst this week 

4 minutes ago, Bamber said:

no one gave us a chance for 5 goals and we are obviously weak - we still do not like it when a back line is run at - if I saw it so will they. We have a massive gap from middle to rear covered by 3 players. A ball over the top wont hurt too much as its too far for their midfield to support a ball into the space between our midfield and defence will hurt us every time. 

I agree, however our tactics should not be to overstretch ourselves and leave gaps. Its Hacken that need to do the chasing and we should be working on a plan that exploits their weaknesses.

I identified before the game that they were susceptible to crosses and even picked Considine to score first from a corner.

When you look at the remaining of our goals, it was generally as we countered them when they were stretched.

We wont win by 4 again I'm sure, but I'd not be surprised if we win again as they have to go all out to score those four goals to get back in with a chance to go through.

11 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I agree, however our tactics should not be to overstretch ourselves and leave gaps. Its Hacken that need to do the chasing and we should be working on a plan that exploits their weaknesses.

I identified before the game that they were susceptible to crosses and even picked Considine to score first from a corner.

When you look at the remaining of our goals, it was generally as we countered them when they were stretched.

We wont win by 4 again I'm sure, but I'd not be surprised if we win again as they have to go all out to score those four goals to get back in with a chance to go through.

The team you picked would be unlikely to win over there. 

• Upvote 1

Think we need to be sensible with squad for Thursday, As Sunday is a huge game/statement opportunity. Also with it being a plastic pitch some players maybe should not be picked just in case, but on the other hand must win on Thursday, as we found out to our cost when we lost it, momentum is a huge thing in football 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The team you picked would be unlikely to win over there. 

Aye possibly, but many didn't think we were going to win on Thursday.

We don't need to win this Thursday either but have the advantage that they need to open up and attack.

Watching a couple of their last games and reading comments online, defensively has been their weakness and Per Hogmo had changed them to sit in more and hit on the counter. They can't do that now.

Having Brown, Campbell and maybe even McGeouch in there I think it would give us enough ball retention and ability to counter them with the space that would be created.

I don't think the team realistically will be as aggressive in terms of player changes, but I'm more confident that they would be able to do a job, even win in the circumstances over there

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Aye possibly, but many didn't think we were going to win on Thursday.

We don't need to win this Thursday either but have the advantage that they need to open up and attack.

Watching a couple of their last games and reading comments online, defensively has been their weakness and Per Hogmo had changed them to sit in more and hit on the counter. They can't do that now.

Having Brown, Campbell and maybe even McGeouch in there I think it would give us enough ball retention and ability to counter them with the space that would be created.

I don't think the team realistically will be as aggressive in terms of player changes, but I'm more confident that they would be able to do a job, even win in the circumstances over there

If you were Glass would you risk your good start by making wholesale changes? 

Can't see it myself. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can't see it myself. 

No chance. We were told we'll be going into every game looking to win no matter where it is.  One or two changes max and as others have said make wholesale changes if we're a couple of goals up over there

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can't see it myself. 

Well, we know Gallagher is likely to get a start and would I risk Ojo after he came off injured.

Those are two definites for a start, Maybe I'd push Hayes further forward into the Ojo roll, but then again, it depends if Glass thinks he can do the job Glass wanted Ojo to do.

I'm expecting 2 or 3 changes.

1) Gallagher for McCrorie / Considine

2) McGeouch / Hayes for Ojo

3) I'd definitely also put in MacKenzie at LB

The rest as most say, you'd look to change out early in the second half 1) Gurr > Ramsay 2) Jenks > JET, 3) McLennan > Hedges 4) Campbell > Brown 5) A.N.Other 97th + minute change

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Well, we know Gallagher is likely to get a start and would I risk Ojo after he came off injured.

Those are two definites for a start, Maybe I'd push Hayes further forward into the Ojo roll, but then again, it depends if Glass thinks he can do the job Glass wanted Ojo to do.

I'm expecting 2 or 3 changes.

1) Gallagher for McCrorie / Considine

2) McGeouch / Hayes for Ojo

3) I'd definitely also put in MacKenzie at LB

The rest as most say, you'd look to change out early in the second half 1) Gurr > Ramsay 2) Jenks > JET, 3) McLennan > Hedges 4) Campbell > Brown 5) A.N.Other 97th + minute change

Aye but that's not what you said earlier. 

You were proposing changing about 8 or 9 of the starting eleven. 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

The winger Youssef is out injured now as well.

I'd make minimal changes for this game.

I think Gurr might start instead of Ramsey. Ojo, nobody knows if he even is injured, so for me he starts. If he isn't able to start then I think McGeouch comes in.

Can understand the concern of Considine being on a yellow, but for me he starts again alongside McCrorie.

Like others have said, if we're still comfortable by half time then by all means make changes.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but that's not what you said earlier. 

You were proposing changing about 8 or 9 of the starting eleven. 

Given our lead in the tie, I have confidence in the squad to see the tie out. So yes, I’d be prepared to go a little further than is likely to happen this Thursday

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

This is why you're blocked 

As Gee man says. Why did you even bother posting?

Anyway, I wasn’t “blocked” for posting thoughts on the team but outing your continual defence of all things SevCo

17 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

You wouldn’t see it if he was blocked?!?