Head of recruitment

11 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Can we now expect posters of this forum to be  trawling through the playing squads of this guys previous clubs and linking several players with AFC, and getting worked up and arguing over players that will never sign for us?

Hear we are in for a top Leeds prospect. Ryan Edmundson.

• Haha 2
37 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Can we now expect posters of this forum to be  trawling through the playing squads of this guys previous clubs and linking several players with AFC, and getting worked up and arguing over players that will never sign for us?

Would you have it any other way!?

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

It’s getting close to the business end of the transfer window , not seen so far any input or tangible moves even loans so far 

yip yip or mainstandmoan is this guy an improvement on russ what’s the clubs impression so far  .? 

He's been in the door 5 minutes calm down. I would be surprised if he is even involved in any of this summer deals. 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Eh? What's he actually doing then? 

Surely our targets were identified prior to the window opening? And he will be identifying players for future windows? Wouldn't expect anything more than an english loan to come from Mowbary in this window. If we sign McGrath/Boyle/Kerr etc you don't think these would have happened with a different head of recruitment?

30 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I would have expected us to be well down the road of identifying signings for this window before this guy arrived however it would be pretty naive to think that this guy didn't have some sort of database of suitable players at our level from his previous employment

That mirrors my thoughts , and why I put out the message to the 2 consistent ITK for club business to ascertain if they are rating his selections so far 

it’s early days admittedly but we do appear deficient in specific areas I understand we can’t just go out and spend millions but a couple of loans at this stage wouldn’t hurt 

we have had some success with this , Lowe , hector , Maddison , ward, 

50 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

That mirrors my thoughts , and why I put out the message to the 2 consistent ITK for club business to ascertain if they are rating his selections so far 

it’s early days admittedly but we do appear deficient in specific areas I understand we can’t just go out and spend millions but a couple of loans at this stage wouldn’t hurt 

Historically, the loans tend to happen towards the end of the window once the other teams squads are finalised.

2 weeks to go then for additional changes (in and out)

55 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Loan deals like that will happen closer to the end of the window when those English clubs have made their signings and know who's coming in and who's to go out. 

edit - afc1903mad beat me to it.