Head of recruitment

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Surely our targets were identified prior to the window opening? And he will be identifying players for future windows? Wouldn't expect anything more than an english loan to come from Mowbary in this window. If we sign McGrath/Boyle/Kerr etc you don't think these would have happened with a different head of recruitment?

Yeah, but we're not getting McGrath / Boyle / Kerr by the looks of things.

I'd have expected this guy to come in with a database of players that he had for his previous club and surely there'd be some on their that would be realistic targets able to improve our team. You'd imagine that might include some players out of contract, and others potentially available for loan that could be followed up on even if the players we were willing to pay a fee for had already been identified. 

I noticed there's a catering recruitment drive advertised, maybe he's sorting that out first... 

14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'd have expected this guy to come in with a database of players that he had for his previous club and surely there'd be some on their that would be realistic targets able to improve our team. You'd imagine that might include some players out of contract, and others potentially available for loan that could be followed up on even if the players we were willing to pay a fee for had already been identified. 

I noticed there's a catering recruitment drive advertised, maybe he's sorting that out first... 

Haggis pies > a 3rd striker. 

8 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Don't think Burnley and ourselves are shopping in the same price bracket. 

8 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Could be he come with a corrupt database, it happens!

9 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Has he even officially started? Don't remember seeing an official interview or unveiling which id expect when he starts.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Has he even officially started? Don't remember seeing an official interview or unveiling which id expect when he starts.

I think he has... do you reckon he'll make many appearances in front of the cameras? I assumed it was a background job, basically the equivalent of russ richardson but with a fancier title... he was a man of mystery, don't think we ever heard him speak a word, or even saw a picture of him.

8 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

You sure about that?

Both Cormack and Glass have said in the past few days that Mowbray has been working night and day to try to bring in players.

if he is still working his notice or on gardening leave at Burnley they have just f#cked that up for him by telling everyone he is doing work for us. ?

If these signings are the DOF’s I’m looking forward to seeing who they are. Hopefully not journeymen from English lower leagues!