Seagulls

NEM

5 hours ago, Poodler said:

0-A654661-C4-A0-476-E-929-C-9436-BE6-B53

bloody love birds, here’s a skua last week, they make seagulls look like robins, they really dive bomb you. That one was friendly though.

If you’re ever in Rosemount, near the Northwood leasing place, there’s a seagull with a yellow tag on his foot that is usually on the road, Ive chucked him tit bits for years, he’s always there. Ledge. They’re just trying to get by. Birds are cool.

Didn’t realise you were Simon Weston.

9 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Captain Caveman is not me I'm afraid. He is a miss from the forum. One of the good guys. 

Not going blind at all (I've never inferred that at all), just got really distorted vision in both eyes thanks to partial retinal detachments and the retinas being torn in each eye. Shimmery vision in the left eye and looking through blood in my right (the only one I can read with). It's fantastic having these conditions, it really is. Perhaps it is karma and I deserve it, who knows?

Had vitrectomy surgery in my left eye in 2017 that wasn't successful as well as having emergency laser surgery in both eyes to prevent further detachments, all at ARI. Also went private before the lockdown to see if a private eye surgeon could do anything to help but there is fuck all they could do. 

Nothing elaborate about that at all. I've to live with this for the rest of my life unless there is an advancement in eye medicine in the future. 

You're a good cunt MAD.  You deserve a bit of good fortune I think.  

14 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Agreed. If I win the lottery I'm going to bung a few quid MAD's way for an eye transplant or something.

Cheers, Moobs min?. You're a good loon.

You can get a number of different kind of transplants for several organs of the body (heart, kidney, liver, etc.) but nae one for the old eyeballs as yet. Checked to see if this was possible abroad but nae joy. You can get the lenses replaced (which I have had in my left one) and the corneas replaced but nae the whole eyeball I'm afraid.

I'll continue to live in hope though?.

13 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Nah, get someone to clean up the dogshit and kill that dog 

Dogs have got to shite somewhere, preferably nae in my garden though.

It's their fucking owners I blame, however it's like a game of power and oneupmanship to them to make them temporarily feel better about themselves as they as so socially deficient and inadequate that they haven't got the ability to sort out their own issues and lives but take great delight in putting others down and getting 'one over' on them. 

Also just back from that area. Millions of the cunts. Driving back up past mounthooley the flats behind the petrol station. Yirded in seagull shite. 

Time to tell the RSPCA to poke it and cull them 

Parts of the toon are a bitty of a disgrace currently. 

4 hours ago, Zeus said:

Also just back from that area. Millions of the cunts. Driving back up past mounthooley the flats behind the petrol station. Yirded in seagull shite. 

Time to tell the RSPCA to poke it and cull them 

Parts of the toon are a bitty of a disgrace currently. 

Aye and what's the council's solution? 

Get some artist to paint a few murals on the boarded up shops as if that solves anything. 

Fucking disgraceful lack of leadership and responsibility. 

15 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The rules regarding seagulls has nothing to do with the RSPB. It was an act passed that made them a protected species . Fuck knows why. They have zero endearing qualities . 

I can’t believe they were endangered, presumably because everyone used to shoot the annoying cunts? 

They aren’t even part of the natural ecosystem just scavenging fucks. 

15 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The rules regarding seagulls has nothing to do with the RSPB. It was an act passed that made them a protected species . Fuck knows why. They have zero endearing qualities . 

I liked the one that used to wander into a newsagent and steal a packet of crisps every day. Wasn’t that in Aberdeen or somewhere in Scotland?