The Weekly Chat Accumulator 21/22

35 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's not a farce. If I had been the administrator, I would have thought it right to keep in a winning pick. Others don't agree, that's fine. The farce isn't just that there is a failure of set rules and/or precedents, it's you jumping in with fuck off, having changed your tune from Saturday afternoon, for reasons that may or may not be childish, personal and vindictive and which may or may not be inspired by you being a sheep and following a lead to give you the opportunity to feed your obsession, the one you felt you needed to come on here to scratch the itch on the night after your child was born.

What is a farce is you getting so upset (again) that you suspend judgements and critical thinking based on the personal. How dumb is that? Would you have called for me to stand down if the acca had won, if the only pick that failed to "pay out", Portsmouth had won? Would you have asked another poster to step down, one of your mates perhaps, if his pick had landed by early pay out? Do you go through a winning acca looking for early pay outs where the pick got pulled back in 90 minutes?

Of course you wouldn't.

The farce is you not thinking through the consequences. There are no rules and you plucked out "most weeks" out of your arse. It is therefore it is for the administrator to decide. Personally I think it's poor to bin somebody to the bench for an automatic pay out but I know that most people are morons and I accept that most don't take it seriously so either we educate them to punt with better terms (by acknowledging the benefit of them, which will come to all in a year or two anyway) or you have to think through it and bin somebody from a winning acca if this previously-unforeseen event happens again.

You constantly seem to bring up the fact that i was online the day after my child was born. My wife and child were in hospital for 3 days after she was born. Due to covid i was only allowed in for 2 hours a day, for those 3 days. What was i going to fill my other 22 hours with?

Could have spent it wanking over pics of your daughter i suppose...

26 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Your bet came in by HT. I am not a fan of btts nor how many goals over or under as you know but these are often determined well before the end.

As dd's pick fucked Saturday's acca, my pick was irrelevant but I said it was irrelevant -because it had already won - DURING the game, as studebaker AND dd also supported at the time.

This gives the acca an opportunity to think through what should be the way forward. Do we bin somebody from a winning acca cos their auto pay out team didn't go on to win? It doesn't matter a fuck if the early pay out was one of two, three or five winning picks, it is the principle of what we should do with it that matters, what the policy should be, something none of us has anticipated before. I genuinely don't care for MY punting purposes. It's what is the best way to manage this so everyone knows in the future because some of the mutants seem to think they're qualified to be judge and jury, not having the grace to express opinions properly..

I'll jump back on later and see what developments have occurred. I have given my view on how I've always understood the Acca to operate. 
I know it is stating the obvious but I just want to pick a game that at the end of the day doesn't let my other 5 teammates down and helps the guys that bet on it to share in a win. Maybe your suggested approach will come into play. Regardless I'll just carry on making my picks when required. 

15 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Very good post. There are numerous punter incentives and benefits available as various sites seek to attract the morons to part with their cash, and they do as they successfully profit EVERY single year.

Again though, this circumstance gives the acca the opportunity to make a decision. I am wondering if it might be easiest to go with 90 minutes now so that I go to the bench with dd but this was not what three of us - including the committee man who since changed his tune - were considering during the game when we were waiting on one team to score.

It would be spastic to drop someone from a winning acca though (in my opinion), if the sixfold was saved by an early pay out but because there are so many different betting outlets with different rules etc., it probably is easiest to go on 90 minutes even though it seems crazy to me having won both doubles on Saturday that anyone would not take advantage of free punter advantages. The stake back for one fail isn't a strong enough incentive for me, particularly as Hills are always skinny as fuck with their odds. That's just another moron punter strategy in my book, people who don't care if they throw money away and who don't have the basic primary school arithmetic to do the maths.

Just take your medicine and take your spot on the subs bench. 

No point crying over spilled milk and makes for a more enjoyable thread  

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'll help him by going to the bench if you all agree that the early pay out pick in a winning acca should be dropped? What do you think?

I agree it would be for the best for you to take the hit this time for the good of the thread.

and for future weeks, unless an official hatacca bookie is appointed (ie Bet365), then it’s the 90 minute result that counts.

IMO.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

On a thread where we are dealing with a new situation and trying to set it straight for future occurrences, it's always me me me with you isn't it? And this daughter thing, again, what are you trying to do? Is this intended to hurt or offend me? Do you think I give a fuck what you say? Do you even know why you posted that? You certainly didn't know why you sent me my address by PM either, or at least, you haven't been able to clarify why you did that either, nor do you know what you're doing posting my and my wife's name in public.

Is it everything you have a problem thinking through about, this subject (early pay-outs in relation to the subs bench) and why you post what you do? Do you not think properly? Do you not know your own diseased mind?

As with most of your previous, those type of daughter comments just make you look like a sad tit. What a bunch of fuck ups. Poor committee, shitty and sicky, the BoD triumvirate, all upset on a fitba forum cos their weaknesses got exposed. Deal with it, arseholes.

dont know why you've never aired these grievances before.

It's pretty fucking obvious that if your pick didn't win, that counts as a loss and you take your place on the bench.

Trying to claim one particular bookie's promotion / perk makes it a winner haha.

Ok I had a free fiver from paddy power this weekend.  my bet lost, but it didn't cost me anything so I'll take that as a win.

3 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

are you not banned after two consecutive no shows last season?

Did I?

Not that I am aware of.  I know I missed one week but didn't even think two consecutive no shows was possible as you'd drop to the bench wouldn't you?

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the Hat Acca, my life sometimes takes precedence over it and so I apologise if that meant I missed my slot a couple of times. Jeez

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

My pick did win. Bournemouth netted me £62.42.

It's not obvious at all because it's never happened before. If the acca had won, we need to drop the early pay out winner and that seems to be the easiest choice going forward and something I've already put up for tdd on his return.

Yes that pick won for you personally because of the early payout option with b365.

But in the context of a combined acca with picks from different people who are not specifically using b365, it lost.  Bournemouth didn't win.  Very obvious.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, robbojunior said:

Did I?

Not that I am aware of.  I know I missed one week but didn't even think two consecutive no shows was possible as you'd drop to the bench wouldn't you?

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the Hat Acca, my life sometimes takes precedence over it and so I apologise if that meant I missed my slot a couple of times. Jeez

I'm only winding you up. 

41 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The implications of the early pay out and how it affected the poster who picked it for the following week wasn't obvious for these reasons;

1. It hadn't happened before,

2. It hadn't been discussed before,

3, It hadn't been considered or thought about before, and 

4. During the game, three of us were all correctly assuming that that pick had come in.

As I stepped in to do the legwork - thereby saving the opportunity on Saturday for others to lose money - I'm sure tdd will step in to make an exemption in my case and keep me in the starting line up. Actually, I'm not being serious here. I think it's probably best and easiest to bin the poster from a winning acca which only won because of early pay out but bet365 aren't the only ones who do it and anyone who doesn't, as Parky says, is a pretty stupid cunt because the odds difference on those who don't (from when I spent time doing it) wasn't good enough and was often same or worse.

Tdd, we have added a new rule for the acca. The last posted order and sequence is therefore the correct one and the only changes to the tally of in-progess is 0/1 for me and W13, L11 for the total (which the mutant missed when trying to be a smart arse). I suggest you do give the picks out of i.e. W & L rather than total winners and add in the winning streaks as I did. It'll make it easier for you.

And how the fuck did you get the names on consecutive lines? There's always a space when I do it, like creating a new paragraph.

Glad you've seen sense and realised you backed a donkey. 

Have a smashing evening.

3 hours ago, robbojunior said:

Did I?

Don't think you've ever even had a correct pick. Stay on the bench.

6 hours ago, robbojunior said:

Yes that pick won for you personally because of the early payout option with b365.

But in the context of a combined acca with picks from different people who are not specifically using b365, it lost.  Bournemouth didn't win.  Very obvious.

Boom. 100 percent correct. That cunt Rocket is a fucking arsehole with betting. 

7 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

It's not a farce. If I had been the administrator, I would have thought it right to keep in a winning pick. Others don't agree, that's fine. The farce isn't just that there is a failure of set rules and/or precedents, it's you jumping in with fuck off, having changed your tune from Saturday afternoon, for reasons that may or may not be childish, personal and vindictive and which may or may not be inspired by you being a sheep and following a lead to give you the opportunity to feed your obsession, the one you felt you needed to come on here to scratch the itch on the night after your child was born.

What is a farce is you getting so upset (again) that you suspend judgements and critical thinking based on the personal. How dumb is that? Would you have called for me to stand down if the acca had won, if the only pick that failed to "pay out", Portsmouth had won? Would you have asked another poster to step down, one of your mates perhaps, if his pick had landed by early pay out? Do you go through a winning acca looking for early pay outs where the pick got pulled back in 90 minutes?

Of course you wouldn't.

The farce is you not thinking through the consequences. There are no rules and you plucked out "most weeks" out of your arse. It is therefore it is for the administrator to decide. Personally I think it's poor to bin somebody to the bench for an automatic pay out but I know that most people are morons and I accept that most don't take it seriously so either we educate them to punt with better terms (by acknowledging the benefit of them, which will come to all in a year or two anyway) or you have to think through it and bin somebody from a winning acca if this previously-unforeseen event happens again.

Please for the love of fuck can you not just fuck off ? I knew you'd fucking ruin the acca. FUCK OFF