Fictitious North East Films and TV Series

16 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Fucking crippling. It's why I took early retirement. 

All proven on an MRI scan, no malingering here....

Folk that have to work until state pension age think that folk who retire early, like myself, are lazy bastards + folk like myself who retired early because they were fed up doing their own work and the work of other lazy bastards, who will steal a wage until state pension age = we are all apparently lazy bastards. 

In conclusion if folk can retire early due to choice or due to medical reasons then go for it, would recommend. 

You are not a lazy bastard you are a fortunate bastard 'cos I suspect that in the years to come less folk will have the opportunity to do so.

Ps know what sciatica feels like😔.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Folk that have to work until state pension age think that folk who retire early, like myself, are lazy bastards + folk like myself who retired early because they were fed up doing their own work and the work of other lazy bastards, who will steal a wage until state pension age = we are all apparently lazy bastards. 

In conclusion if folk can retire early due to choice or due to medical reasons then go for it, would recommend. 

You are not a lazy bastard you are a fortunate bastard 'cos I suspect that in the years to come less folk will have the opportunity to do so.

Ps know what sciatica feels like😔.

Could have just changed jobs, sounds like you are lazy. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Could have just changed jobs, sounds like you are lazy. 

Kinda knew some wise arse would say that.

Throughout my 30's, 40's and early 50's worked long days, including several weekends to ensure I did my bit to help keep the company I worked for profitable.

Almost burnt out a couple of times.

Then when I got to 55 I said fuck it due to protecting my health not laziness, my choice. 

Most folk, not all, work to live not live to work.

I was just fortunate that I could make a choice. 

3 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Kinda knew some wise arse would say that.

Throughout my 30's, 40's and early 50's worked long days, including several weekends to ensure I did my bit to help keep the company I worked for profitable.

Almost burnt out a couple of times.

Then when I got to 55 I said fuck it due to protecting my health not laziness, my choice. 

Most folk, not all, work to live not live to work.

I was just fortunate that I could make a choice. 

Nothing wrong with being lazy, good on you. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Correct. 👍

No room for passengers, lazy cunts, and self-entitled fag smokers who get extra breaks just because they smoke in the workplace.

Showing and vocalising my displeasure at this did usually end up in me being fired.

100% agree MAD.

Some cunts spent more time on fag breaks during the day than "working ".

Some cunts went to the gym on their lunch hour then came back and had their lunch when they should be working. 

Some wifey cunts took days off every day their bairns farted.

And the one that fucked me off the most. Some cunts fucked off home early the minute a snowflake hit the ground.

Lazy society, no question about it.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

100% agree MAD.

Some cunts went to the gym on their lunch hour then came back and had their lunch when they should be working. 

And the one that fucked me off the most. Some cunts fucked off home early the minute a snowflake hit the ground.

The snow one really isn't one that ever bothered me.

It used to but when I questioned someone on it and slagged them, they told me a deep reason of why and I felt like a complete cunt. So I've never ever questioned it since.

Never know the personal circumstances behind it.

And nowadays when folk can WFH, it really isn't a big deal.

25 minutes ago, Roberto said:

The snow one really isn't one that ever bothered me.

It used to but when I questioned someone on it and slagged them, they told me a deep reason of why and I felt like a complete cunt. So I've never ever questioned it since.

Never know the personal circumstances behind it.

And nowadays when folk can WFH, it really isn't a big deal.

You are correct insomuch as we do not know "personal circumstances " but suspect that more often than not some folk are just "swinging the lead". 

Anyhoo nothing the average man, or as they say these days "the average nondescript person, can do about it.

2 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

You are correct insomuch as we do not know "personal circumstances " but suspect that more often than not some folk are just "swinging the lead". 

Anyhoo nothing the average man, or as they say these days "the average nondescript person, can do about it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are many people at it with the snow aspect. I am basing my care factor based on one person, but it was a very brutal reason and it'll remain with me forever more tbh. Complete shocker from me. Thankfully the person wasn't too pissed off at me but it will never stop my toes curling in embarrassment every time I think about it.

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

100% agree MAD.

Fully agree with you min. 👍

To the self-entitled fag smokers getting extra breaks to facilitate their habit, whilst us non-smokers pick(ed) up the slack, through to the people at upper end of the hierarchy who do next to fuck all to earn their six figure salaries, equates to a primary cause of why we have a divisive society (hence the continual strike action of shafted, undervalued workers since February last year.)

Over the past few weeks on the mainstream news they have been broadcasting repetitively about more rights for working women experiencing the menopause. I'm nae sexist at all but am I missing something here?

This provision has been incorporated into UK law since the 1970s, whereby a woman experiencing the menopause, regardless of its actual severity, their employer should accommodate the sufferer accordingly, whether it be through the means of reduced hours, time off (as and when required), paid sick leave, or redeployment to a less demanding role.

A quine I worked with at Aberdeenshire Council was allegedly suffering from the menopause, therefore was granted a total of 5 months of paid sick leave, and upon her return to work, her hours were reduced, upon her request, and she got to choose the hours she worked. She was very slow and stop at her work but due to her being a nodding dog and part of the works clique, she got away with it.

6 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

What about if there was a gas leak on the premises, would you still advocate the perceived "right" to an extra break just because an employee smokes?

Far fetched.

I don't smoke (vape) but folk having smoke breaks, couldn't care less.

No different to the folk moaning about it spending their time on here is it?

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Far fetched.

I don't smoke (vape) but folk having smoke breaks, couldn't care less.

No different to the folk moaning about it spending their time on here is it?

No, it's nae any different.

My first point was a bit far-fetched but it did happen the once when I worked on the reception at SEPA's old offices on Greyhope Road.

There was a strong whiff of gas at the entrance to the reception area one morning, although the boss disagreed. Regardless of his opinion, I reported it (better to verge on the safe side) and true enough a gas leak was detected by the contractors assigned to the job.

He and others (mostly smokers) thanked me for my multi-life saving act.😄