Calvin Ramsay

28 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Totally agree. If he was playing in an arse cheek shirt on this seasons form he would be the only thing the Scottish football media would be speaking about. At worst, if he was at Celtic it would be chat about which of him & Patterson should be playing for Scotland along with the argument of Tierney/Robertson for left side.

If he was at one of the arse cheeks he would already be valued at £10 million 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, thurso said:

If he was at one of the arse cheeks he would already be valued at £10 million 

You/we say that as if in jest/exaggeration but the reality is that that would very much be the case.

One of the arse cheeks will have the media after him for them soon enough, my guess will be celtic as the Huns wouldn’t want Patterson’s stock to fall 

10 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I really rate Ramsay but that’s a lot of bollocks. At United Robertson was putting pinpoint crosses in 90% of the time as well as doing the hard work up and down the pitch. He’s good but he’s not Robertson good. Yet.

As for Scotland squad, he won’t get a look in as the hun lad will play every game or they will shoehorn Robertson or Tierney into right back. Or some other pish.

You must of watched a lot more dundee United games than me  but from what I recall Ramsay is as good as Robertson was then 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You/we say that as if in jest/exaggeration but the reality is that that would very much be the case.

One of the arse cheeks will have the media after him for them soon enough, my guess will be celtic as the Huns wouldn’t want Patterson’s stock to fall 

I believe it. Celtic sold that wee fellow to the german club for £11 million is Ramsay any worse. If he adds a goal or two I think he will have it all 

It is quite a shame for Ramsay that the rest of the teams overall roller coaster performances have somewhat taken away from just how good he has been.

Had we won even just a couple of the games we drew/lost then there would be far less concern overall & far more ability to see the real positive in Ramsay. At moment (& most will agree) he really has been a diamond in the rough

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He doesn’t play for the old firm though so he won’t get as much exposure plus anything over a million is big money for us.

That'll be why we turned down £2 million for Ferguson?

A million quid for Ramsay?  Come on

If we play Huns & Ramsay puts in half a dozen great 6yard box crosses just out of reach of the keeper & we fail to get a man to connect/finish them & Patterson puts in one in same place & Morelos puts it away.

Ramsay is deemed not as good as Patterson when closer truth is that others in team let him down badly. As it is at moment, Ramsay has been let down by others in team. I genuinely cannot remember one player for Aberdeen putting in so many decent balls into the box. Even McGinn & Hayes on their best form would never put in that many & McGinn was also a regular corner taker & he was scarily bad for failing to beat first man.

I would actually like to see if Ramsay can take a decent direct free kick also I hope he is training for them as he could certainly be a candidate for adding that to his game also & that would build his confidence even more

• Upvote 1
Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

If we play Huns & Ramsay puts in half a dozen great 6yard box crosses just out of reach of the keeper & we fail to get a man to connect/finish them & Patterson puts in one in same place & Morelos puts it away.

Ramsay is deemed not as good as Patterson when closer truth is that others in team let him down badly. As it is at moment, Ramsay has been let down by others in team. I genuinely cannot remember one player for Aberdeen putting in so many decent balls into the box. Even McGinn & Hayes on their best form would never put in that many & McGinn was also a regular corner taker & he was scarily bad for failing to beat first man.

I would actually like to see if Ramsay can take a decent direct free kick also

Such a pointless discussion. The boys 18, he’s doing fine but he’s no world beater. Let’s just see how he progresses. 

4 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Clueless? Explain.

Don’t think it really needs an explanation.

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

That'll be why we turned down £2 million for Ferguson?

A million quid for Ramsay?  Come on

I didn’t say we would take a million for him, I said a million quid is a lot of money to a non old firm side like us. We allegedly turned down 2 million because the board are confident we can get more. If a side down south really wanted Ferguson then they wouldn’t piss about with shite offers, they know we don’t have a large turnover so will try and get as cheap as possible.

Just now, Studebaker-90 said:

It’s almost as pointless as your entire existence 

Better than having to exist over two accounts ??‍♂️

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Such a pointless discussion. The boys 18, he’s doing fine but he’s no world beater. Let’s just see how he progresses. 

Not pointless at all. In fact it is very relevant because of just how good he has been.

Tell me the last player that was able to feed so many balls into the box for us in games. 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Might have disagreed with you about cormack but totally agree with you about Ramsay. Much love on this point. Have an upvote on me 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The huns played against Andy Robertson at Queens Park and somehow missed his talent completely. They wouldn’t know a decent player if they walked right in front from of them. Literally.

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I would actually like to see if Ramsay can take a decent direct free kick also I hope he is training for them as he could certainly be a candidate for adding that to his game also & that would build his confidence even more

The only people comparing Ramsay to Patterson right now are here in the 'Hat

The weegia still have no inkling of his existence as yet

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

The only people comparing Ramsay to Patterson right now are here in the 'Hat

The weegia still have no inkling of his existence as yet

This is true, although a few commentators have started to notice him but on today’s game alone (which may cause more to look back also) he will certainly have been raising more than a few eyebrows. 
The only think that can detract away from him today is the rest of teams failings

Not taking anything away from Campbell at RB in last 2/3 games as he has been pretty reliable & solid but is Mackenzie still not fully fit or is Campbell now keeping him out on merit I wonder, shame if the latter as I thought Mackenzie has looked just as good in truth & shame if a midfielder is keeping him out. 

Good experience for Campbell though to add to his game/options but it could lead to a more bit part player role for him sadly rather than focus on him fighting for continuous role in his natural position. He’s going to have o play well to do that