Calvin Ramsay

8 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

To be honest, if he continues at this level, it's not going to go unnoticed.  He's an 18-year old boy and looks several levels above all those around him. 

If he doesn't have a dip in form, that is going to be noticed.  It wouldn't surprise me if word is already starting to get around.  It didn't take long for Ryan Fraser to be identified - and I think Ramsay might be better than Fraser.  It was a similar situation though, Fraser came in from nowhere, as a young lad and was instantly our best player.

He'll sign an extension before Christmas and be on either a 3.5 yr contract or 4.5 yr contract in January.

He wont be going anywhere and double so as our valuation will exceed the market valuation. 

2 full seasons in the team and we can think about it July 2023

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He'll sign an extension before Christmas and be on either a 3.5 yr contract or 4.5 yr contract in January.

He wont be going anywhere and double so as our valuation will exceed the market valuation. 

You are dreaming mate!

If he carries on like this, through until December, I think there will be firm interest from other parties! :greenbeer:

23 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Hopefully we get him signed up to a new deal ASAP, I think we'll be lcuky to keep hold of him after this season tbh.

Hopeful that we can get a good fee for him as well as a sell-on fee as that will be crucial for us 

43 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

You are dreaming mate!

If he carries on like this, through until December, I think there will be firm interest from other parties! :greenbeer:

There is probably interest this week but I'm meaning interest that means we instantly sell.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

There is probably interest this week but I'm meaning interest that means we instantly sell.

He is probably the club's most valuable asset already... with the exception of Ferguson who will likely go for £3-4m (probably before close of play tomorrow). 

If he maintains his consistency through to Christmas I wouldn't be surprised if a bid comes in for him. The young lad Doig at Hibs had 1 full season and was attracting multi-million pound interest. That's more comparable than Patterson at Rangers where you can play 5 minutes and the media will tout you as being a £10m pound player.

5 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

He is probably the club's most valuable asset already... with the exception of Ferguson who will likely go for £3-4m (probably before close of play tomorrow). 

If he maintains his consistency through to Christmas I wouldn't be surprised if a bid comes in for him. The young lad Doig at Hibs had 1 full season and was attracting multi-million pound interest. That's more comparable than Patterson at Rangers where you can play 5 minutes and the media will tout you as being a £10m pound player.

Yet none of these players have actually been sold for any money. No point comparing a player with what some newspaper valued another player.

11 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

See Stephen Wright for details

Folk flip flop all the time. 

Dean Campbell has a good half at left back against Hearts. 'Make him our back up left back' they proclaim.  Has a less impressive game there the following week and it's 'Why is a central midfielder playing left back?' 

McGeouch has a half decent 45 minutes every 6 months. 'Get him in the team, he looked good at Hibs' we hear. 

Ojo runs about a lot in an advanced position looking slightly more effective than previous games. 'He's like a new player. Perfect for the tip of the diamond in midfield'.  Even though he's actually running around all over the place like a headless chicken. 

Jack Gurr 'what a really smart signing'.  Now he's never mentioned. Even Glass doesn't dare put him in the pitch 

And so on. 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk flip flop all the time. 

Dean Campbell has a good half at left back against Hearts. 'Make him our back up left back' they proclaim.  Has a less impressive game there the following week and it's 'Why is a central midfielder playing left back?' 

McGeouch has a half decent 45 minutes every 6 months. 'Get him in the team, he looked good at Hibs' we hear. 

Ojo runs about a lot in an advanced position looking slightly more effective than previous games. 'He's like a new player. Perfect for the tip of the diamond in midfield'.  Even though he's actually running around all over the place like a headless chicken. 

Jack Gurr 'what a really smart signing'.  Now he's never mentioned. Even Glass doesn't dare put him in the pitch 

And so on. 

I agree with your point in general but the bit in bold is nonsense, no one with a brain said that. 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

We all know that he will end up having a few bad games and our fans will be on his back as soon as a game kicks off. It’s the Aberdeen way.

Yup. And at that point he’ll be accused on here and other social media of “believing his own hype” without a shred of evidence to back it up. Whereas the reality will be that he’s failed to live up to the over-hyping by some fans.

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Quite hunnish chat that.

Dont think anyone thinks of football federations when playing for their country

That’s a stupid reply.

The reason I despise the SFA is because of the way they’ve let the huns off the hook.

To accept it meekly supports their stance over the huns, so I’d throw your accusation back at you. 

So fuck the SFA, today, tomorrow & always. 

• Upvote 1