Calvin Ramsay

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

People seem to be scoffing at valuations of around that number but that’s where the bidding starts, in my opinion, fuck selling him on the cheap.

Cormack has already lifted his skirt so it’s clear he wants a deal done next month, otherwise he’d be saying “hands off”. 

I’d have preferred to have seen the lad stuck around for another 18 months but looking very likely he’ll be away in a few weeks.

I think he could well be sold too with mccrorie replacing him

23 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If we're not total and utter pussies, 10 million GBPs. 

If they don't want to stump that up, no problem, he continues his development with us and goes on to show his worth further. 

My concern for him in the scenario is that he'd end up playing U23's for a season, which would be shite coming away from men's fitba. 

Don’t think he’s on a long enough deal for us to be playing hardball like that I’m afraid. We’d probably bite their hand off for £5 million 

27 minutes ago, NEM said:

Don’t think he’s on a long enough deal for us to be playing hardball like that I’m afraid. We’d probably bite their hand off for £5 million 

He’s easily our biggest asset in modern times. If there’s at least 2 EPL clubs looking to get in a bidding war (even if one is a pretendy big club) then we should be setting £5m as the very minimum plus substantial add ons. 
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Everton coming after him properly also cos the Huns are going to fk them about with Patterson no doubt 

56 minutes ago, minijc said:

£7m+ a lot of add ons, ideally a huge percentage of what he gets sold for in a couple of years time.

I think Cormack would bite at a bit less than £7m. 

This latest unnecessary farce with crowds not getting in for Dundee & SEVCO (at least), costing us £500k (at least), might lower his valuation a little. 

I think Cormack will hope for £5m with a few add ons. (20% sell on clause, a sum after “x” first team appearances, if he becomes a full international etc). 

55 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

People seem to be scoffing at valuations of around that number but that’s where the bidding starts, in my opinion, fuck selling him on the cheap.

Cormack has already lifted his skirt so it’s clear he wants a deal done next month, otherwise he’d be saying “hands off”. 

I’d have preferred to have seen the lad stuck around for another 18 months but looking very likely he’ll be away in a few weeks.

Cormack is very fast showing he is no less the snake Milne was. 

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We're trying to do something different here! 

To be fair, bringing through young players & flogging them for 7 figure fees, and re-investing in the team is part of what we should be about.

Ideally we’d get a little more time with them in the team maybe, but if good offers come in, they have to be looked at. 

My concern, given Stephen Glass’s track record, would be who we re-invest in. 

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be fair, bringing through young players & flogging them for 7 figure fees, and re-investing in the team is part of what we should be about.

Ideally we’d get a little more time with them in the team maybe, but if good offers come in, they have to be looked at. 

My concern, given Stephen Glass’s track record, would be who we re-invest in. 

Aye. I'd have liked to have had Ramsay for a couple of years before he moved on but these rich clubs are vultures and they like to get them as young as they can.  

I just hope we reinvest in younger signings and don't blow the future on wages for guys in their late 20s and early 30s.

4 million will definitely get the club's attention. It's the football world we exist in. Maybe wait until the summer? His value won't decrease, he might even force his way into Scotland squad, might add value... he's better than the huns guy.

But if 6 million plus was offered now, I think you would have to offload. Hopefully goes to a club with a solid premiership history and not one fighting relegation all the time... for his sake. Sell on fee, of course.

7 hours ago, alscotoz said:

4 million will definitely get the club's attention. It's the football world we exist in. Maybe wait until the summer? His value won't decrease, he might even force his way into Scotland squad, might add value... he's better than the huns guy.

But if 6 million plus was offered now, I think you would have to offload. Hopefully goes to a club with a solid premiership history and not one fighting relegation all the time... for his sake. Sell on fee, of course.

Hill worked out ok for Robertson in the end.

Need to structure a deal where its more than just an add on for a future sale.  The Ryan Fraser situation shows we need to hedge our bets a wee bit more. Also, if he goes directly to a big club it might be years before he moves on, if at all.

A combination of first team appearances, becoming a full international and sell on would give us our best bet of getting a return post the initial fee

• Upvote 1