Calvin Ramsay

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd rather they all fucked off for another year but its nae going to happen. 

I'd prefer to keep talented players at the club for as long as we can.  Never understood the desire and excitement amongst fans to sell our players as soon as someone is linked with a bid. 

Aye ideally if we could get him to sign an extension it’d be great to keep him another couple of years. As it is we need to sell now or summer at the latest else we’ll lose him for peanuts 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd prefer to keep talented players at the club for as long as we can.  Never understood the desire and excitement amongst fans to sell our players as soon as someone is linked with a bid. 

This. 

No rush to sell so if he has to go it needs to be a hugh offer we simply can't turn down.  No way is 4 million in that category. 

I for one hope he stays to help improve our team. 

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree, we want the best players to be here as long as we can keep them.

The balance is maximising their value so it can be best reinvested / allow the next talent to come through

49 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Personally, I would prefer we cashed in now before he receives a bad injury that may affect his development. Fully anticipate a player like Porteous to snap him.

A lot of young players go off the boil after showing easy promise. Look at what has happened with Doig of Hibs. They could have sold him in the summer for a very decent fee. Stevenson has been ahead of him in the pecking order for the majority of the season and the interest has since dropped.

1 minute ago, BonnieDon said:

I would prefer we cashed in now before he receives a bad injury that may affect his development. Fully anticipate a player like Porteous to snap him.

A lot of young players go off the boil after showing easy promise. Look at what has happened with Doig of Hibs. They could have sold him in the summer for a very decent fee. Stevenson has been ahead of him in the pecking order for the majority of the season and the interest has since dropped.

I'm more interested in the quality of the team on the park than the size of transfer fee we can get for our players. 

And there's a risk of any player getting injured either in training or in games.  That's no reason to accelerate a sale. 

23 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Personally, I would prefer we cashed in now before he receives a bad injury that may affect his development. Fully anticipate a player like Porteous to snap him.

Doig had never played professional football at SPL level infront of a crowd

Maybe he's a shitbag and can't handle it. Comparing Ramsey to that bottle merchant is outrageous

If we have to sell him (and I would rather he stayed but can only imagine he will be crocked when we play Sevco) then it can only be a positive that already the papers have 4 or 5 different clubs named as showing interest. I don't remember seeing more than 1 club interested (Blackburn) in Hedges and (Watford) Ferguson.

The more interest in Ramsay the better as it could lead to a bidding war 

27 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

If we have to sell him (and I would rather he stayed but can only imagine he will be crocked when we play Sevco) then it can only be a positive that already the papers have 4 or 5 different clubs named as showing interest. I don't remember seeing more than 1 club interested (Blackburn) in Hedges and (Watford) Ferguson.

The more interest in Ramsay the better as it could lead to a bidding war 

Aye if the papers stopped saying “Frankfurt in for 4 million Ramsey”,   “Watford looking at 4 million Ramsey”, ” could Ramsey move to Everton for 4million”? That’s all I’ve seen reported, Scottish media has declared his price and it seems 4 million. Whenever you see that fud Patterson linked with clubs though it’s either 10 million or ooo itl take a massive offer to get him.fucking sickening 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Dons79 said:

Aye if the papers stopped saying “Frankfurt in for 4 million Ramsey”,   “Watford looking at 4 million Ramsey”, ” could Ramsey move to Everton for 4million”? That’s all I’ve seen reported, Scottish media has declared his price and it seems 4 million. Whenever you see that fud Patterson linked with clubs though it’s either 10 million or ooo itl take a massive offer to get him.fucking sickening 

Yeah, thats what will have happened 

:spanner:

5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Papers just make up the transfer bids.

And the proposed wages. 

And quite often the clubs interested too. 

Mostly shite.  

The strangest bit is when folk on here actually recycle the pish in the papers as fact or as evidence in some debate. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And the proposed wages. 

Mostly shite.  

The strangest bit is when folk on here actually recycle the pish in the papers as fact or as proof in some debate. 

Well we will see if Ramsey gets sold for 4 million then?, proofs in the pudding

6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Ye totally agree. Ramsay is way better then Patterson only person that can’t see it is millertime 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, thats what will have happened 

:spanner:

After watching your posts recently I think your related to this Patterson boy, any mention and your on it ,vociferously backing him?, am I Luke warm?,I know you don’t like the rhetoric of biased papers but you have to admit that any mention of Ramsey in the papers recently has an attached 4million to his name.

After watching your posts recently I think your related to this Patterson boy, any mention and your on it ,vociferously backing him?, am I Luke warm?,I know you don’t like the rhetoric of biased papers but you have to admit that any mention of Ramsey in the papers recently has an attached 4million to his name.

Nah he’s just a contrary, Hun sympathising cunt ?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We'll only know the truth if it is announced as such by the clubs involved or appears in future accounts. 

Many transfers tend to be announced as undisclosed which just perpetuates the rumours and myths. 

That’s true, forgot about the undisclosed, but your right surely be able to see it in the accounts when published.

That’s true, forgot about the undisclosed, but your right surely be able to see it in the accounts when published.

Aye. 

It's even difficult sometimes to piece it together in the accounts due to the structure of transfer fee payments over a period of time spanning 2/3 financial years and the sums for multiple players getting lumped into one line in the accounts. 

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And the proposed wages. 

Mostly shite.  

The strangest bit is when folk on here actually recycle the pish in the papers as fact or as evidence in some debate. 

And don’t forget that rhe word fact must be shown as FACT as if this emphasizes the ‘truth’ of whatever rumour is being discussed 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

It's even difficult sometimes to piece it together in the accounts due to the structure of transfer fee payments over a period of time spanning 2/3 financial years and the sums for multiple players getting lumped into one line in the accounts. 

Hopefully the buying team do us a favour then and if it’s undisclosed by us, they come right out and say the price they payed,

something like 

Aberdeen sells young starlet for an undisclosed fee-daily retard

As opposed to

guff team buy best right back in Europe for   A miserly 4million bargain-English sun

4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Hopefully the buying team do us a favour then and if it’s undisclosed by us, they come right out and say the price they payed,

something like 

Aberdeen sells young starlet for an undisclosed fee-daily retard

As opposed to

guff team buy best right back in Europe for   A miserly 4million bargain-English sun

Aye. It'll be more like

Daily Record exclusive

'Ramsay sold for the equivalent value of Patterson's left arm after Ibrox club knock back 10m bid for young right back from same club.'

A N Other, Chief Hun reporter 

49 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ye totally agree. Ramsay is way better then Patterson only person that can’t see it is millertime 

I dont think there's much in it but nobody can say "clearly better"

Patterson has goals and assists in both europe and for his country

Ramsays body isn't up to the full rigours of professional football yet

It's a daft thing to say

47 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Yes, it does have 4m in all the stories 

What I'm saying I don't believe is that it was the papers that came up with it in some sort of rouse to do us out of money

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I dont think there's much in it but nobody can say "clearly better"

Patterson has goals and assists in both europe and for his country

Ramsays body isn't up to the full rigours of professional football yet

It's a daft thing to say

Aye I think they are broadly equivalent at the moment. Both good going forward, both got a bit to learn defensively. Ramsay seems to have the better technical ability which would suggest a higher ceiling but Patterson has performed well at international level when he's been given his chance. 

The main difference at the moment is that Patterson is trying to displace the captain at the Huns whereas Ramsay's competition is Jack Gurr.