Calvin Ramsay

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

You keep saying about him not being up to rigours of pro football like it’s a mark against Ramsay as opposed to Patterson? Or it somehow devalues Ramsay more.

How many full 90 minutes has Patterson played? How many total & how many in his breakthrough season? Is the proof there that Patterson IS up to the rigours of pro football but Ramsay isn’t?

How many 90’s has Ramsay? 

There’s about 2 years between them. If anything I would say looking at both players that Ramsay is far more advanced in many ways at 18 than Patterson was at 18, possibly even the better player now already but hard to gauge that really when the Huns don’t think him good enough or strong enough (or whatever) to play him so we have nothing to compare 

Calvin Ramsay has completed 10 full 90 minutes top flight football this season (last season he had 1)

Nathan Patterson has completed 5 full 90 minutes top flight football this season (last season he had 4)

Calvin Ramsay has played 1361 minutes this season]

Nathan Patterson has completed 588 minutes

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Calvin Ramsay has completed 10 full 90 minutes top flight football this season (last season he had 1)

Nathan Patterson has completed 5 full 90 minutes top flight football this season (last season he had 4)

Calvin Ramsay has played 1361 minutes this season]

Nathan Patterson has completed 588 minutes

So wonder if Patterson is up to the rigours of pro football yet at 20? He hasn’t really had the game time to prove yes or no yet. Maybe his development has been hindered somehow ?

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Steve Clarke knows that he will need a decent cover for Ramsay, so eased Patterson in for the easier games.

Pattersons fortune is that he’s 2 years older than Ramsay so got first bite of the cherry.

So instead of playing a better player he deliberately played an inferior one in several games? In what world does this make sense?

14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

And I told you that’s irrelevant with regards to ability on the pitch.

That’s hilarious, your piss poor argument fell apart at the first sign of scrutiny. 

Anyone with a modicum of football knowledge knows Ramsay is a better player but all the scouts and managers will simply ignore that and sign players like Paterson instead. You are very lucky to have such football insight.

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

So instead of playing a better player he deliberately played an inferior one in several games? In what world does this make sense?

It makes no sense at all. 

Patterson got his chance when Scotland had a shortage of right backs and took his opportunity. At that time Ramsay was still playing unders football.  If Ramsay continues the way he's going he'll be in that squad soon enough and competing for the place. 

The minutes thing is a nonsense too. One is competing with his club captain for games, the other is competing with Jack Gurr. 

I think Ramsay will prove to be the better player but its just denial pretending that Patterson isn't also a good player. 

• Upvote 1

Ramsay will prove over time & away from Scottish football that he is a better RB than Patterson I believe. As from what I have seen I already think Ramsay is better & would 100% want him & his set pieces & crosses from open play in Aberdeen than the unknown of Patterson as he hasn’t shown any really. 
I don’t know anything about this other young RB breaking through at West Ham but it would be funny/great if he is as good or better 

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

That’s hilarious, your piss poor argument fell apart at the first sign of scrutiny. 

Anyone with a modicum of football knowledge knows Ramsay is a better player but all the scouts and managers will simply ignore that and sign players like Paterson instead. You are very lucky to have such football insight.

I’ll leave it to the scouts and teams showing an interest in Ramsay rather than Patterson then ?

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Some folk are obsessed with Patterson at unhealthy levels. 

Fully agree with you min?.

It's reminiscent of the hype that surrounded a certain fucked up crock that played for the old club when he was emerging in the mid to late 80s.

Whilst I'm not inferring the boy Patterson is shite, I would far rather have Calvin Ramsay in our team than him. Ramsay undoubtedly is the better of the two and has the far greater potential to progress.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Fully agree with you min?.

It's reminiscent of the hype that surrounded a certain fucked up crock that played for the old club when he was emerging in the mid to late 80s.

Whilst I'm not inferring the boy Patterson is shite, I would far rather have Calvin Ramsay in our team than him. Ramsay undoubtedly is the better of the two and has the far greater potential to progress.

Absolutely, straight choice, Ramsay everyday of the week

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Do we actually care? No.

Should we be looking to compare the price because we have a younger and better player in the same position? Yes.

Exactly. Only the Hun lovers like MT that are making it a bigger deal by trying to make out Patterson is better because Ramsay is 2 years younger & therefore ‘not up to the rigors of pro football’ 

54 minutes ago, starryfish said:

This place will be a hoot when Patterson goes to Everton and Ramsay replaces him at Ibrox 

Ramsay wouldn't do that. 

Cormack wouldn't sell to them either. There's no need. 

Looks like Scotland is going to have a decent choice of at least 4 FB’s (5 if Ashby is any good) but still a pretty grim selection of CH’s

Patterson,Ramsay & possibly Ashby at RB & Tierney/Robertson at LB, haven’t heard of any others breaking through at LB area but most likely because Robertson/Tierney have basically cemented that position as only for them to fight for.

The International squad is certainly starting to improve slightly for future.

Keepers an issue (decent ones are aging) CH’s certainly an issue right now.

Quite spoiled for midfielders for most part but strikers are poor.

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Looks like Scotland is going to have a decent choice of at least 4 FB’s (5 if Ashby is any good) but still a pretty grim selection of CH’s

Patterson,Ramsay & possibly Ashby at RB & Tierney/Robertson at LB, haven’t heard of any others breaking through at LB area but most likely because Robertson/Tierney have basically cemented that position as only for them to fight for.

The International squad is certainly starting to improve slightly for future.

Keepers an issue (decent ones are aging) CH’s certainly an issue right now.

Quite spoiled for midfielders for most part but strikers are poor.

Is the boy from Hearts, now in Italy Aaron Hickey not a half decent left back ?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Is the boy from Hearts, now in Italy Aaron Hickey not a half decent left back ?

Yeah apparently so but he never even gets a sniff of chat for national side because of the other 2 but yes, I forgot about him completely, so arguably we have six top class (some just potentially admittedly) FB’s to choose from now/future.

It’s crazy really. Wish we could be as fortunate in all positions. Just never seems to work that way for Scotland anymore since as long ago as the 70’s/80’s really. Yes we are a relatively small nation but plenty other small nations by comparison have far more choice in all positions. 
Something Scotland certainly needs to work on as far as developing talent. Even if it means adapting more players for other positions earlier with a view for future.

Might even have to look at developing one or two of Ramsay, Patterson, Ashby & Hickey into wingers come FB’s if no decent wingers breaking through. 
Not easy if parent club not able/willing to aid in this though