Calvin Ramsay

15 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Folk can what they want about Patterson not being relevant, but it is. 

His transfer makes a £4 - £6 million for Ramsay an insult. 

Hope Dave holds his nerve. 

As much as I think Ramsay is a unbelievable talent we won't get more than Rangers have. Fee is also gauged on size of club and unfortunately Rangers 2012 are seen as a bigger club than us. Having said that I definitely want 6m plus now. Im in a chat with huns of have been laughing at me all week on my assumptions so I really want to get it up them with this transfer fee. They seem to think 2-3m which would be an absolute insult. Only way we get anywhere near that figure is if he has a clause in his contract. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

As much as I think Ramsay is a unbelievable talent we won't get more than Rangers have. Fee is also gauged on size of club and unfortunately Rangers 2012 are seen as a bigger club than us. Having said that I definitely want 6m plus now. Im in a chat with huns of have been laughing at me all week on my assumptions so I really want to get it up them with this transfer fee. 

Well the buying club can factor in whatever they want to decide the size of fee, but ultimately its up to DC what we're willing to accept. Therefore if the buying club explains that we're a smaller club than Rangers and therefore the fee is considerably lower, I don't expect him to say "OK then well now that it's been explained to us, we'll accept your paltry offer"

£6m is a disgrace. I think Patersons transfer makes Ramsay £10m plus. 

• Upvote 2

Surprised Everton are sanctioning this

After their result today I thought there was a reasonable chance they would have dunted Benitez. Their early season form has kept them just out of the relegation places but they are in total freefall. He's surely a definite goner if he doesn't beat Leicester in their next league match

I suppose at £10million or so it's relative chicken feed to them so even if they do end up with a new manager it shouldn't affect their transfer budget too much

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Surprised Everton are sanctioning this

After their result today I thought there was a reasonable chance they would have dunted Benitez. Their early season form has kept them just out of the relegation places but they are in total freefall. He's surely a definite goner if he doesn't beat Leicester in their next league match

I suppose at £10million or so it's relative chicken feed to them so even if they do end up with a new manager it shouldn't affect their transfer budget too much

They’ve also signed a Russian LB and speculation is Digne is on his way out so looks like Rafa maybe alright. They’ve also given him more input on transfers so surely can’t be thinking of dunting him less than a week into January 

Hope Ramsay stays for at least the season, but if he does leave it’s important to go somewhere he plays. 

if Patterson goes to Everton then I doubt he’ll play as he’s currently pretty hopeless defensively. For me if Patterson is not playing at Everton it gives Ramsay a better chance to make the Scotland Slot his own if he’s playing and playing well, which in turn increase his chance of a big move and playing post the move.

If you go back a few years we had Fraser, Jack and Fyvie coming through and for me Fyvie was by far the best player out of them. However he sat on the bench for years at Wigan and never really recovered whilst the other 2 have been capped. Ramsay needs to avoid doing the same and continue to play; preferable here.

In a simple world Ramsay should be going for more because he appears a better player. 

but if you’re on the outside looking in - you probably look at Patterson having proved himself when called upon for Scotland and in Europe. Ramsay hasn’t had those opportunities. Patterson is also playing for a team who deal with bigger fees and wages than us in and out. 

then you look at Aberdeen and see a team who’ve been shite this season, conceded heaps of goals and Ramsay has missed loads of games. 

not particularly surprising if one is worth more than the other at the moment. Hopefully Ramsay gets a chance to prove how good he is, while he’s still here 

32 minutes ago, Rubinho Escocia said:

Hope Ramsay stays for at least the season, but if he does leave it’s important to go somewhere he plays. 

if Patterson goes to Everton then I doubt he’ll play as he’s currently pretty hopeless defensively. For me if Patterson is not playing at Everton it gives Ramsay a better chance to make the Scotland Slot his own if he’s playing and playing well, which in turn increase his chance of a big move and playing post the move.

If you go back a few years we had Fraser, Jack and Fyvie coming through and for me Fyvie was by far the best player out of them. However he sat on the bench for years at Wigan and never really recovered whilst the other 2 have been capped. Ramsay needs to avoid doing the same and continue to play; preferable here.

He will play as he’s taking over Coleman’s role.33 year old.they also signed a really good left back for 17 million from Kiev also young 22.looks like Benitez is going for attacking wing backs

7 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Anybody with a modicum of footballing knowledge can clearly see that Ramsay is by far the better player and better prospect

still, any opportunity it’s to promote and defend your Hun boy

Aye?

Then why are premiership teams paying 16m for Patterson and not a lot less on Ramsay?

The scouting networks for top premiership teams not have a "modicum of footballing knowledge nah?"

Cringe4u

33 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye?

Then why are premiership teams paying 16m for Patterson and not a lot less on Ramsay?

The scouting networks for top premiership teams not have a "modicum of footballing knowledge nah?"

Cringe4u

£16m ?

It’s £10m at best they are getting. You Huns will see any high figures posted anywhere & then just run with it until some other deluded hun tops the figure up & then that becomes the new figure

40 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye?

Cringe4u

One team, apparently are close to paying £10M for him with add on’s

I suspect that Ramsay will go this window and there appears to be more suitors than one.

Barring injury, I still think Ramsay will have a far better career

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

In a simple world Ramsay should be going for more because he appears a better player. 

but if you’re on the outside looking in - you probably look at Patterson having proved himself when called upon for Scotland and in Europe. Ramsay hasn’t had those opportunities. Patterson is also playing for a team who deal with bigger fees and wages than us in and out. 

then you look at Aberdeen and see a team who’ve been shite this season, conceded heaps of goals and Ramsay has missed loads of games. 

not particularly surprising if one is worth more than the other at the moment. Hopefully Ramsay gets a chance to prove how good he is, while he’s still here 

Arguably Ramsay’s form is even better still then as he’s missed such a large part of season through injury but is still a huge contributor to our shite sides assists stats.

A genuine diamond in the rough

19 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

One team, apparently are close to paying £10M for him with add on’s

I suspect that Ramsay will go this window and there appears to be more suitors than one.

Barring injury, I still think Ramsay will have a far better career

So if you think anyone with a "modicum " of footballing knowledge knows Ramsay is better, then why are Everton not buying Ramsay for less?

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

So if you think anyone with a "modicum " of footballing knowledge knows Ramsay is better, then why are Everton not buying Ramsay for less?

Maybe Everton current scouting network aren’t all they’re cracked up to be & are being sold on a well bluffed hand ?

why do you think they & their choice of spending more on one unproven RB over less on another is the be all end all correct call? 

Even the most neutral fans would struggle to pick one over the other in reality but Everton want the more expensive ‘hun media’ rated one because they assume he’s better because of the exaggerated price. Also, maybe it’s easier for their Scout to have gone & seen Patterson more regular (in reserves most likely) as he’s relatively close by by comparison.

All sorts of reasons but you seem to think Everton must be making the right call just because they can afford to

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Millertime said:

I dont think there's much in it but nobody can say "clearly better"

Patterson has goals and assists in both europe and for his country

Ramsays body isn't up to the full rigours of professional football yet

It's a daft thing to say

Rubbish ramsay has more assist and club games than Patterson so clearly better

20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Maybe Everton current scouting network aren’t all they’re cracked up to be & are being sold on a well bluffed hand ?

why do you think they & their choice of spending more on one unproven RB over less on another is the be all end all correct call? 

Even the most neutral fans would struggle to pick one over the other in reality but Everton want the more expensive ‘hun media’ rated one because they assume he’s better because of the exaggerated price. Also, maybe it’s easier for their Scout to have gone & seen Patterson more regular (in reserves most likely) as he’s relatively close by by comparison.

All sorts of reasons but you seem to think Everton must be making the right call just because they can afford to

I totally agree Everton are a mediocre bottom half of English top devision team so get hyped 

ramsay is far better player have a plus one from me 

When was the last time Everton scouted & bought a young & potentially exceptional talent? 
Just curious as to what their success rate their great scouts have in this sense to mean that MT holds their judgment in such high esteem to opt for one RB over another & at more cost. 
Maybe they think they’re buyin Naismith again