Calvin Ramsay

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

When was the last time Everton scouted & bought a young & potentially exceptional talent? 
Just curious as to what their success rate their great scouts have in this sense to mean that MT holds their judgment in such high esteem to opt for one RB over another & at more cost. 
Maybe they think they’re buyin Naismith again

Calvert-Lewin

The debate on Ramsey / Patterson is all opinion which exactly the reality that we will face...the opinion of potential buyers will dictate but it certainly helps as a marker that Patterson has commanded such a fee. 

Clubs will point to Patterson being capped, played in Europe so tested at that level...so let's be honest we wont get the same for Ramsay. I would think it will be a buy and loan back scenario with significant add ons based on number of apps , caps etc. 

We saw ourselves with Cosgrove that the guff clubs often don’t even bother scouting players up here. Have a quick scan of their stats and read a few newspaper headlines, and that’ll do.

£16m for a boy who’s played about 5 games of first team football is incredible business for the Huns (unfortunately).

We need to hold firm on Ramsay. All this pish millerfool is spouting is best ignored. Put Ramsay in the hun team (hope we never see that) and he’d blow Patterson stats out the water. In an attacking sense his stats must be way ahead already given the amount of assists he has this season, 

48 minutes ago, True_Don said:

The debate on Ramsey / Patterson is all opinion which exactly the reality that we will face...the opinion of potential buyers will dictate but it certainly helps as a marker that Patterson has commanded such a fee. 

Clubs will point to Patterson being capped, played in Europe so tested at that level...so let's be honest we wont get the same for Ramsay. I would think it will be a buy and loan back scenario with significant add ons based on number of apps , caps etc. 

Played in Europe?

One of these two has played in 6 games this season, assisting with 4 goals having played 494 minutes

The other has played in 3 games this season, with 1 assist having played  only 204 minutes.

Guess which ones Ramsay and which ones Patterson

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Played in Europe?

One of these two has played in 6 games this season, assisting with 4 goals having played 494 minutes

The other has played in 3 games this season, with 1 assist having played  only 204 minutes.

Guess which ones Ramsay and which ones Patterson

What about last season?

Who does each player have in front of them in their respective teams?

What quality were the European teams both played against?

You're wrong, just drop it

1 hour ago, True_Don said:

Most people get that it's opinion. 

What I don't understand is that some posters seem to be insistant that the club should accept a certain figure provided that the buying clubs point out all the above factors to us. 

I'd rather DC just told them to fuck off. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, slippers said:

Whats your valuation of Ramsay MT? what you think we can get for him?

I think we should be pushing for 7 or 8m

He is undoubtedly a class act, albeit concerns over his physicality 

If Patterson went for 10m up front, with the euro, international and playing in front of 50k crowds, as well as probably treble existing wages of ramsay, then I think 7m is very, very good for us with a sizeable sell on

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

He’ll want him to go to SevCo as back up for Tavernier, so as little as possible.

MT’s been berating him since he broke through

No

No No

I have not berated him at all, stop inventing crap hoping that it stinks

I think he is technically superb, but question marks over his physicality 

Italy versus Newcastle where's my passport. 

Is Ramsay better than Paterson? Who cares this sites obsession with a reincarnation of a football club is embarrassing - cringe as someone would say.

The once famous old firm always got more for their players due to increased exposure. The new club is clinging onto the coattails of its former self and generating an inflated valuation of its player. Nothing new.

I like Paterson, gifted player, technically good too. I suspect Ramsay is very much the equal of him in terms being gifted, lets see who kicks on more. I suspect both will develop more with better players round them. As a club I would hope to be getting £5/6 million for Ramsay and think we should cash in now. His stock is high and I don't trust Glass to develop him further or better.

20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I think we should be pushing for 7 or 8m

He is undoubtedly a class act, albeit concerns over his physicality 

If Patterson went for 10m up front, with the euro, international and playing in front of 50k crowds, as well as probably treble existing wages of ramsay, then I think 7m is very, very good for us with a sizeable sell on

The only person who thinks that id you, a total balloon. 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 3
59 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No

No No

I have not berated him at all, stop inventing crap hoping that it stinks

I think he is technically superb, but question marks over his physicality 

Yet he’s played more minutes and finished more 90 minute games than the Hun boy.

Ramsay is far and away better than Patterson and in time you’ll finally see it.

1 hour ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Now Bologna 'understood' to be interested. Looks like he can take his pick, and I guess strengthens AFC's hand a wee bit more

Only if the as yet theoretical clubs  meet our asking price. If only one club does, then he's left with 3 options. Sign for that club (despite it maybe not where he really wants to be), sign a new extended contract with us with a likely set release fee inbuilt, or stick things out on his present contract and hope that AFC either voluntarily back down on their asking price or financial circumstances change forcing the club to cash in on him for whatever they can get

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Only if the as yet theoretical clubs  meet our asking price. If only one club does, then he's left with 3 options. Sign for that club (despite it maybe not where he really wants to be), sign a new extended contract with us with a likely set release fee inbuilt, or stick things out on his present contract and hope that AFC either voluntarily back down on their asking price or financial circumstances change forcing the club to cash in on him for whatever they can get

As much as I’d love to keep him much longer, is now the peak opportunity to sell him with all the interest there is?

If we can maximise the potential and then reinvest hopefully to bring through more, that that should help us progress

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

As much as I’d love to keep him much longer, is now the peak opportunity to sell him with all the interest there is?

If we can maximise the potential and then reinvest hopefully to bring through more, that that should help us progress

That post has contains too much sensibility for this forum 

???

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I'd suggest that his price would increase if he could acquire a few full international caps. Patterson seems to now be Clarke's 1st choice for that position. He's also very loyal to O'Donnell and although I'd say that Ramsay already is a better player, I'm not sure Clarke would concur.

Ramsay also has to now compete with the loon that's just broken into the West Ham side. I've never seen him play so couldn't make any comparisons but you can bet your bottom dollar that Clarke will already rate him purely on the grounds he's getting a game for an EPL side.

Yeah you are probably correct we should cash in now.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He’s heading for the English PL but hopefully we keep him on loan until the end of the season.