Calvin Ramsay

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I see the BBC have jumped on the bandwagon of trying to talk down Ramsays value to £4M. 

Saying "a fee of £4M has been talked about" , despite the fact they should be fully aware per Tom English (their employee) that the club hasnt set a price. 

Fools.

Don't they know that we nerds of afc chat are the ones who set his fee and decide if he goes or not

I see the scotsman are reporting that we expect to hold onto Calvin beyond January but the sad news in the article is that Jack Gurr could be leaving. He has options to go back to the US for more game time but we are leaving him to decide as to whether he wants to stay here and fight for a place or if he wants to go back to the states. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/calvin-ramsay-aberdeen-expect-to-hold-on-to-in-demand-starlet-as-club-dont-need-to-sell-but-one-defender-could-leave-3521458

7 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I see the BBC have jumped on the bandwagon of trying to talk down Ramsays value to £4M. 

Saying "a fee of £4M has been talked about" , despite the fact they should be fully aware per Tom English (their employee) that the club hasnt set a price. 

3 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I see the scotsman are reporting that we expect to hold onto Calvin beyond January but the sad news in the article is that Jack Gurr could be leaving. He has options to go back to the US for more game time but we are leaving him to decide as to whether he wants to stay here and fight for a place or if he wants to go back to the states. 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/calvin-ramsay-aberdeen-expect-to-hold-on-to-in-demand-starlet-as-club-dont-need-to-sell-but-one-defender-could-leave-3521458

They really are determined with this £4m. Desperate to make sure he sells for a fraction of the Patterson price ?

I hope we don’t sell him this window (even with loan back) as his value is only going up. 

His stats are simply far too good to be ignored. 

New contract & no fkn stupid release fee in it

44 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

They really are determined with this £4m. Desperate to make sure he sells for a fraction of the Patterson price ?

I hope we don’t sell him this window (even with loan back) as his value is only going up. 

His stats are simply far too good to be ignored. 

New contract & no fkn stupid release fee in it

Noting of course that you’re accepting the Patterson fee as gospel.

4 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

Absolutely.

Think of all the clubs in England and on the continent who will need a young  'doesn't grow on trees' talent like Ramsay because they can't afford to let things go pear-shaped in their League or in Europe.

Then, think of their 'silly money' budgets.

We have what they need, and we don't need to sell.

We are in the driver's seat and we have to realise that.

There's enough interest in Calvin for us to smash our previous transfer record by three times.

3 hours ago, Ramandu said:

No. Unfortunately, part of his value is his ability, and part of his value is his current club. He is worth less than Patterson because he plays for us. 

Two men go to the bank.

Each has 10 gold bars to cash in.

One man is casually dressed.

The other is dressed as a posh upper class well-to-do gentleman. 

The posh upper class well-to-do gentleman gets market value for his gold.

And the casually dressed man should accept less than market value for his gold because... ?

Seriously?

Other clubs can cave if they want, but that 'second class' thinking has to be banished from Pittodrie.

Gold is gold.

• Upvote 5
8 hours ago, Millertime said:

Aldi Specially selected range lasagne is better than Sainsburys 

Sainsburys costs more 

Why do you think that is?

Aldi is a much bigger organisation globally than Sainsburys and can absorb more of the cost. Aldi also don't waste money on expensive shelving and fancy store trimmings. 

I fail to see what point you are trying to make here. 

6 minutes ago, don corleone said:

Aldi is a much bigger organisation globally than Sainsburys and can absorb more of the cost. Aldi also don't waste money on expensive shelving and fancy store trimmings. 

I fail to see what point you are trying to make here. 

Haha you think Aldi "absorb" more of the cost?

No, they just don't have as much of the cost to begin with

5 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Other clubs can cave if they want, but that 'second class' thinking has to be banished from Pittodrie.

Gold is gold.

2 hours ago, Stavrogin said:

There is no McDonalds in Kampala, so you would need to have the Big Mac flown in at great cost. 

TL:DR The market something is located in is part of its value.

Think of a can of coke then. The cans are exactly the same, the content is exactly the same, and the one in Tokyo will cost X5 the one in Kampala. If you were to magically swap them the Ugandan one (now in Tokyo) would gain value, and the Japanese one (now in Kampala) would lose value, even though nothing has changed with the coke can itself. This isn't to do with advertising budgets or cost of manufacture, and it isn't because the sellers in Kampala have 'the wrong attitude'. It's because the same product can have different values depending on where it's located.

When two markets meet, they usually meet in the middle. If a Japanese guy walks into a shop in Kampala, the Ugandan might think "I'll bump up my price for this coke", but he won't put it up to the Japanese price. 

We operate in a market, and it's a lot poorer than the EPL market, so we don't command EPL prices. I'm describing what is, not what should be.

To put it another way: if someone with Ronaldo's ability was 18 and playing for Huntly, how much would Man Utd pay for him? Not £15m.