Calvin Ramsay

3 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Is there an issue with the lads fitness?  He was absolutely burst after an hour.  I actually said to my mate after 15 minutes that he looked off the pace and thought he could have done better closing down the cross that led to their goal.  

Much as I hate Kent. He is a hard player to play against. He runs RB’s ragged. 

Don’t get millertime started on Ramsay’s fitness ffs. 

18 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Is there an issue with the lads fitness?  He was absolutely burst after an hour.  I actually said to my mate after 15 minutes that he looked off the pace and thought he could have done better closing down the cross that led to their goal.  

Off with cramp again.

That’s happened a lot.

Loads of potential & ability, just needs to get fitter & stronger. 

I think it’s too early for him to move - needs to stay, get games, get stronger & play 90 minutes here more before moving on. 

18 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The hope is that , say in John McGinn's example, he'll go on to an even bigger club than Villa. Villa aren't going to let him go on a Bosman. 

Good example below.

When QPR sold Raheem Sterling to Liverpool in 2010, they made sure to include a 20% sell-on clause in addition to the initial fee of £600,000. The forward’s subsequent £49m move (£44m up front, with £5m in potential add-ons) from Anfield to Manchester City in 2015 guaranteed QPR a minimum £7.8m.

Aye, but the boy posting above said 'ALL' future transfers, which implies that he wants a cut of the likes of when Raheem is sold by Man City...

Clearly got told to stick to Kent like glue last night, and forgo his usual forays up the park.

Got suckered into that wild challenge on some Hun or other in the 1st half, due to his inexperience, so was walking a tightrope thereafter. 

Still very much work in progress but this is the best place for him to realise that promise 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Commentators noted about 5 or 6 scouts up to see him - I remember Leeds Spurs Man U

hopefully they all had to pay to get in 

If they haven’t been to watch him earlier in the season they’ll have been wandering what all the fuss is about watching him last night. Wasn’t his best game.

11 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

The fact of the matter is that he kept a player who is valued at circa  £16m by the press very quiet, I remember a perfectly timed tackle in the second half.   He is a superb asset and we should enjoy him while we can as there is an inevitability that he will play at the very top level in time. 

I think you were watching a different game to me then. Kent had him on toast a few times in the match

I'm sure he will make the very top of the game in time......but his first issue is to increase his stamina so he can effectively play for a full 90 minutes. Until he can do that he is of no use to any EPL clubs that may be showing an interest

11 hours ago, Poodler said:

Commentators noted about 5 or 6 scouts up to see him - I remember Leeds Spurs Man U

hopefully they all had to pay to get in 

https://tbrfootball.com/report-tottenham-and-leeds-scout-clash-to-watch-elite-youngster/

The Daily Mail reports that Spurs, Leeds, Southampton, Leicester and Manchester United all had representatives at the game. But there is also interest from Bologna and Eintracht Frankfurt.

Aberdeen meanwhile, are believed to want more than £6 million for Ramsay. They would also like the 18-year-old back on loan for the rest of the season if he does move.

Ramsay would not be the first Premiership right-back to move to England in this window. Nathan Patterson left Rangers for Everton earlier in the month.

And the Aberdeen starlet is also not the only young right-back attracting the attention of both Leeds and Tottenham.

Think we are going to lose him this window. Too much clubs interested for 1 not to take a punt. I think a bid of around 6m rising to 9m is what we should be looking at. A 20% sell on also. Think I’d rather he went to bundesliga because if he reaches his potential we are going to rake in a heap of cash for sell on. Interesting to see if he would be loaned back or if they would want him for first team duties straight away. 

22 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I think you were watching a different game to me then. Kent had him on toast a few times in the match

I'm sure he will make the very top of the game in time......but his first issue is to increase his stamina so he can effectively play for a full 90 minutes. Until he can do that he is of no use to any EPL clubs that may be showing an interest

I thought he defended against Kent very well and got the  better of Kent more than Kent got the better of him. His tackle in the second half was excellent I think it was there he stretched a bit and probably slightly pulled something that made him go off. Don’t think stamina was a problem 

41 minutes ago, thurso said:

I thought he defended against Kent very well and got the  better of Kent more than Kent got the better of him. His tackle in the second half was excellent I think it was there he stretched a bit and probably slightly pulled something that made him go off. Don’t think stamina was a problem 

Don’t agree.  Thought Kent did a far more effective job on Ramsay.  Kent also got the cross in for their goal.  Still think Ramsay should have got out to him quicker and was caught in no man’s land.  Glass said after game that it was cramp.  There were times later in the first half that I thought he didn’t look 100% fit.   Was definitely breathing out of his arse after an hour.  
He is our prize asset though but still very raw and needs to develop physically.  Another 12-18 months with us would be the best all round I reckon.   That being said £6m up front and loaned back for rest of season is an offer I doubt the club would turn down. 

7 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Steady, the boy canna even last 60 minutes in the SPL ?

Albeit it was cos he was getting lumps kicked out of him, how many 90 mins did Ryan Fraser complete for us? In fact, did he ever make it past the 75 min mark?

Different players develop at different ages. Never been a problem for Ferguson. We just need to be careful with Ramsay at this stage of his career 

I think its fair to say that the story in the Daily Mail is basically putting out in media exactly what terms we are looking for to do a deal as I believe the journalist who has written it gets briefed his info from a highest of levels within AFC.

I highly doubt the fact Calvin often gets cramp and still needs some building up physically is an issue that will put any clubs off signing him in the least. If he was going off every week with strains or pulls I think they would be a lot more concerned. 

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I think its fair to say that the story in the Daily Mail is basically putting out in media exactly what terms we are looking for to do a deal as I believe the journalist who has written it gets briefed his info from a highest of levels within AFC.

I highly doubt the fact Calvin often gets cramp and still needs some building up physically is an issue that will put any clubs off signing him in the least. If he was going off every week with strains or pulls I think they would be a lot more concerned. 

Stephen McGowan? 
I think McInnes fed him stories too, back in the day. Albeit most journalists liked and backed McInnes, McGowan particularly so

Its interesting that Joel Sked, from A View from the Terrace, and Scotsman journo, is picking up on a lot of Aberdeen transfer info at the moment.

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Stephen McGowan? 
I think McInnes fed him stories too, back in the day. Albeit most journalists liked and backed McInnes, McGowan particularly so

Its interesting that Joel Sked, from A View from the Terrace, and Scotsman journo, is picking up on a lot of Aberdeen transfer info at the moment.

Fairly certain DM was never his source. 

https://www.leedsallover.com/report-leeds-united-learn-of-asking-price-for-ace-scouted-on-tuesday-night/

With that, comes the need for Leeds to invest in a right-back who we know could step in and cover for Luke Ayling.

Ramsay is clearly up to the task, even at his tender age, and would be a very exciting player to have at the club.

£6million is a lot of money but Aberdeen are justified to be asking for it.

9 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

https://www.leedsallover.com/report-leeds-united-learn-of-asking-price-for-ace-scouted-on-tuesday-night/

With that, comes the need for Leeds to invest in a right-back who we know could step in and cover for Luke Ayling.

Ramsay is clearly up to the task, even at his tender age, and would be a very exciting player to have at the club.

£6million is a lot of money but Aberdeen are justified to be asking for it.

"They report that a deal to sign the defender would need to be in excess of £6million, even though there is no set asking price as of yet."

Bidding war please!

Interesting compared to Scottish sport coverage (and if anyone doubts it look at some of the John Souttar stories).

No set asking price but bids need to be above £6m as that is what he is perceived to be worth.

For Scotland that would read Cash Strapped dons will be forced to  accept 1.5m as that's their record fee to date (relevance of this?) and they should therefore be happy with that.     

6 hours ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Don’t agree.  Thought Kent did a far more effective job on Ramsay.  Kent also got the cross in for their goal.  Still think Ramsay should have got out to him quicker and was caught in no man’s land.  Glass said after game that it was cramp.  There were times later in the first half that I thought he didn’t look 100% fit.   Was definitely breathing out of his arse after an hour.  
He is our prize asset though but still very raw and needs to develop physically.  Another 12-18 months with us would be the best all round I reckon.   That being said £6m up front and loaned back for rest of season is an offer I doubt the club would turn down. 

This is a spot on assessment.