Calvin Ramsay

4 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

The mindset will be to move while the opportunity is there - one unlucky injury could mean it's never on again

Having some control over the right destination would be important too if it was my loon.  Which is the hardest bit sometimes as the club might only get one acceptable offer from a club that you don't really fancy. 

But aye,  the guaranteed extra money for the lad for a few years to help set him up will obviously feature highly in their thoughts. 

• Like 1

With Glass as manager & the state of how the club has been managed this past two windows contributing to our continued decline is not exactly a great incentive to commit to staying at Aberdeen.

Damn sure I would happily move on for decent cash rather than stay under the management of a complete novice such as Glass & his puppeteer chairman playing fantasy football as a hobby 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Having some control over the right destination would be important too if it was my loon.  Which is the hardest bit sometimes as the club might only get one acceptable offer from a club that you don't really fancy. 

Cosgrove turning down yon French club at the time, for example.

(Thank goodness for Birmingham.)

Would happily offload Ferguson & Ramsay this or next window with a nice £10 million transfer kitty (plus future add ons) if we knew we could spend it wisely.

With McGinn off we've got one less 30+ year old player but still too many...

The McInnes era youngsters that haven't come on yet or aren't likely to - Kennedy, Maclennan, Campbell etc

And the likes of Gallagher & JET who really have shown they're not up to it here...

https://imgflip.com/i/63awfg

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

Would happily offload Ferguson & Ramsay this or next window with a nice £10 million transfer kitty (plus future add ons) if we knew we could spend it wisely.

With McGinn off we've got one less 30+ year old player but still too many...

The McInnes era youngsters that haven't come on yet or aren't likely to - Kennedy, Maclennan, Campbell etc

And the likes of Gallagher & JET who really have shown they're not up to it here...

https://imgflip.com/i/63awfg

What?

I think unless Leeds or Watford make an outrageously good offer tomorrow we should just stay calm and keep him. He's got two and a half years left on his contract and barring injury I can only see him getting better and becoming more valuable. If we do manage to hold on to him I would love to see him playing as a winger with someone else taking over at fullback. It's very obvious the lad likes to run up the park and more importantly he's good at it. 

• Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

I think unless Leeds or Watford make an outrageously good offer tomorrow we should just stay calm and keep him. He's got two and a half years left on his contract and barring injury I can only see him getting better and becoming more valuable. If we do manage to hold on to him I would love to see him playing as a winger with someone else taking over at fullback. It's very obvious the lad likes to run up the park and more importantly he's good at it. 

His crossing is first rate and might add goals to his game by being closer to the opponents box more regularly, only problem is we haven’t another right black to slot in and fuck ojo playing there

30 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

His crossing is first rate and might add goals to his game by being closer to the opponents box more regularly, only problem is we haven’t another right black to slot in and fuck ojo playing there

I agree sourcing another right back to replace him would be a problem but one worth overcoming to get the benefits of him being further up the park. I think if we have a proper clearout of the dross/wage thief's we've got the nucleus of a good young team. Have been encouraged by the two young lads we've added so far this window. Think it would be good if we could try and get Zander Clark on a pre contract as I think it would make us a bit more composed and solid at the back. 

1 hour ago, Cambridge Red said:

New managers at both Leeds and Watford last week

Cannot see either of them doing bussiness  now

10 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

New managers at both Leeds and Watford last week

Cannot see either of them doing bussiness  now

I'm not the right generation to show you a link but look at leeds-live.co.uk and see what you make of the article dated today all about Calvin Ramsey and why Leeds want him and how their main rivals for his signature are Watford now Bologna have dropped out. Could be wrong but surprised if the Leeds press would bother writing a long article today for no reason 

46 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

He's  going nowhere. 

Tory Tosser.  Your few but consistently powerful words on the subject suggests you either know him or are ITK?   I hope he stays as long as possible, it’s our gain from a footballing and ultimately financial perspective when the inevitability of the lad moving on comes to fruition. 

It’s in our interest to not sell (at all) this window & keep him until summer. Yes there is risk of injury.

It’s in buying clubs interest to buy him now (even with loan back) as he will be cheaper. His price is only going up.

So unless a great fee + loan back is offered then any & all clubs can fk off. 
Stick you £3-4m shite rite up yer pipes. 

10 hours ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

spacer.png

Will be a summer with a fair amount of stability (we won't mention May 2023).

I can see Consi and Hayes signing one year deals in the next month or two, and decisions on Jenks, McGeouch and Ojo being the only three that drag on to April/May. Best guess would be those three all leave.