Calvin Ramsay

9 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

£3 million is probably best we could hope for as long as add ons,

At least 10% of sell on.

International cap , 

First team appearances.

League , or cup wins he plays in 

If Leeds and Liverpool both want him surely we can look at more? £4m and 20% sell on minimum for me. 

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

If Leeds and Liverpool both want him surely we can look at more? £4m and 20% sell on minimum for me. 

They can both certainly afford to pay more. 

Just depends firstly if there is any real truth in their interest and if there is how much they really want him. You'd like to think they'll cut each others throats in order to get him to sign. But on the other hand they both know we are a provincial Scottish club with a limited income and probably expect that they can bully us into accepting a low offer because they know that we need to sell players on a regular basis to be sustainable.

I think if we got £4m it's a fair figure but I'm not holding out any great expectations

1 minute ago, The Gee Man said:

Got to be better add ons than the Fraser deal. It’s where we can get the real benefit of training and developing youngsters 

I've always said I want the transfer system changed so that the first professional contact the player signs that club gets a cut of every transfer the player has, say after his initial move, the next transfer for eg 20%0to first club, next move 15%, Next 10%, etc, obviously the percentages can be adjusted but it encourages and rewards  clubs for developing youngsters

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

£3 million is probably best we could hope for as long as add ons,

At least 10% of sell on.

International cap , 

First team appearances.

League , or cup wins he plays in 

I think Cormack confirmed in his latest interview that his price tag was 3.7 million.

I'd take that in addition to future sell on fees etc.

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Bit of a myth is a “bidding war”.

The clubs will match another’s fee. The difference is in what salary they offer the player. 

If Aberdeen accept say £3m from Leeds, Liverpool aren’t going to come in & offer £3.25m.

£3 million is peanuts but we are in a country with a league that is vastly undersold by a hapless, shithouse cretin as a chief executive, that the clubs themselves, Aberdeen included, and indeed with a former employee complicent in that arseholes appointment and keeping him in place, and our club was instrumental in keeping a flawed heavily skewed voting structure, that has done fuck all to enhance our games reputation or integrity in the game, 

So aye he's probably worth more , but if you are in a league so poorly managed and structured, and welcomes being undersold at every turn  then how can you expect the member clubs who allow this to go on to accept anything else?

44 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

£3 million is peanuts but we are in a country with a league that is vastly undersold by a hapless, shithouse cretin as a chief executive, that the clubs themselves, Aberdeen included, and indeed with a former employee complicent in that arseholes appointment and keeping him in place, and our club was instrumental in keeping a flawed heavily skewed voting structure, that has done fuck all to enhance our games reputation or integrity in the game, 

So aye he's probably worth more , but if you are in a league so poorly managed and structured, and welcomes being undersold at every turn  then how can you expect the member clubs who allow this to go on to accept anything else?

Agree if the mighty Liverpool want him, they must see something worthwhile  investing in him, same goes for Leeds and any other multi million pound clubs, so the mighty need to come up with a mighty bid of 10 to 13 million, 3 million is peanuts for them.  
Cormack keeps saying Aberdeen don’t need the money. !!!!!!!!??????  If he signs for Liverpool he will be worth 30 million in a year. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bit of a myth is a “bidding war”.

The clubs will match another’s fee. The difference is in what salary they offer the player. 

If Aberdeen accept say £3m from Leeds, Liverpool aren’t going to come in & offer £3.25m.

Bidding wars will only happen if we don’t bend over at early offers & basically tell them ‘nope, we want more than that’ 

I stand by my position we should be going for c£7m.  Rationale is. He goes to somewhere like Leeds for say £3m, gets sold three years later for £20m with us having a sell on fee of 20%, voilà total income to us of £7m.  Opportunity for a future sell on with Liverpool is significantly less as already performing for one of the worlds top clubs therefore we should be looking to offset his true and total lifetime value at this juncture. 

• Upvote 3
22 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Got to be better add ons than the Fraser deal. It’s where we can get the real benefit of training and developing youngsters 

There was a sell on clause on the Fraser deal - but when he leaves on a Bosman and the sale is £0 - guess what, we make zero off it. We could have a 50% sell on and if Ramsay then got released, we would see diddly squat. 

14 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I stand by my position we should be going for c£7m.  Rationale is. He goes to somewhere like Leeds for say £3m, gets sold three years later for £20m with us having a sell on fee of 20%, voilà total income to us of £7m.  Opportunity for a future sell on with Liverpool is significantly less as already performing for one of the worlds top clubs therefore we should be looking to offset his true and total lifetime value at this juncture. 

Totally agree. 

Top clubs in England should be paying everything up front. Why would anyone want to leave those clubs if they're getting games and massive wages? 

Completely different from selling someone to Nottingham Forest or Bournemouth. 

37 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Or more likely, if he goes to Liverpool he barely plays in the 3 or 4 years of his contract as he's clearly the back up to a superior player in Alexander-Arnold and decides to move on under freedom of contract to a lesser club but one where he stands a chance of being first pick. 

But as has been said by someone else, it's doubtful there'll be much of a bidding war pushing his price up. They'll just match bids and try to get him to sign up by making the player himself better pay offers. £7m for a player who as yet has been nowhere near even just making the Scotland squad to my mind is just totally unrealistic

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Or more likely, if he goes to Liverpool he barely plays in the 3 or 4 years of his contract as he's clearly the back up to a superior player in Alexander-Arnold and decides to move on under freedom of contract to a lesser club but one where he stands a chance of being first pick. 

But as has been said by someone else, it's doubtful there'll be much of a bidding war pushing his price up. They'll just match bids and try to get him to sign up by making the player himself better pay offers. £7m for a player who as yet has been nowhere near even just making the Scotland squad to my mind is just totally unrealistic

So given what the huns allegedly received for Patterson you reckon a Scotland cap is worth about £7 millon?  Hardly ?

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

These cunts can afford to pay more than £3m up front.  If they don't value him that highly then they shouldn't be signing him in the first place. We're talking about one of the 10 richest clubs in world football. 

Some English Premier league clubs pay £10m plus for loan fees alone sometimes. 

Papers trying to talk down our players at 3m! Has to be minimum 5m upfront rising to 8m or something like that!

Gutter press saying 3m will do it. Just shows how much of a joke the media view clubs outside the other 2.

Club are absolutely delighted he won that award as it gives them another reason to ask for more cash! 

• Upvote 2

These cunts can afford to pay more than £3m up front.  If they don't value him that highly then they shouldn't be signing him in the first place. We're talking about one of the 10 richest clubs in world football. 

Some English Premier league clubs pay £10m plus for loan fees alone sometimes. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, NEM said:

So given what the huns allegedly received for Patterson you reckon a Scotland cap is worth about £7 millon?  Hardly ?

Nope I think he was overpriced but English clubs will pay more to the arse cheeks purely because of their name. They're the only clubs in Scotland that they take semi-seriously. Everyone else they view as totally shite and desperate for cash. 

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Nope I think he was overpriced but English clubs will pay more to the arse cheeks purely because of their name. They're the only clubs in Scotland that they take semi-seriously. Everyone else they view as totally shite and desperate for cash. 

Would be glorious scenes if Everton go down and Ramsay plays in the premier league before Patterson. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Didn't we knock back a £4.8m offer from Bologna? 

No they offered a loan deal with an option to pay something like £4 million if they wanted to sign him at the end of the season, not a good deal for anyone apart from them really.

If he had gone over there and played well they would have looked to offload him at a big profit and then handed us the £4 million or whatever they had negotiated, if he hadnt he would have come back to us.... not a good deal and the Italians were at it