Calvin Ramsay

19 minutes ago, thurso said:

Ramsay is the best Scottish right back right now. If he gets picked for the Scotland games next month like he should how many millions will that add to his transfer fee

He isn't. Even with Patterson's enforced lengthy absence.

As  Aberdeen 1970 says, Hickey has overtaken him. And Clarke still picks O'Donnell for every squad. I don't see that changing before our exit from the World Cup (including the Finals if we somehow make it). I'm also pretty sure that Clarke views Anthony Ralston ahead of Ramsay right now in the pecking order.

I presume you didn't see Ramsay play in the home U21 fixture against Turkey. He was horrifically out of his depth. Although to be fair, he certainly wasn't the only one that evening. 

I want the loon to succeed (and eventually be sold for a massive fee) but he's still got a lot of developing to do as a player.

On 5/1/2022 at 11:38 AM, ericblack4boss said:

I've always said I want the transfer system changed so that the first professional contact the player signs that club gets a cut of every transfer the player has, say after his initial move, the next transfer for eg 20%0to first club, next move 15%, Next 10%, etc, obviously the percentages can be adjusted but it encourages and rewards  clubs for developing youngsters

Ideally you would be correct but sadly it would just result in clubs like Chelsea hoarding even more young players. The big clubs always benefit.

14 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah because they can generate money more than us. Annoying but that’s the way it works. 

So as clubs because they generate more money than us because they have more fans spending money means our players are not worth the same as theirs when they are just as good 

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He isn't. Even with Patterson's enforced lengthy absence.

As  Aberdeen 1970 says, Hickey has overtaken him. And Clarke still picks O'Donnell for every squad. I don't see that changing before our exit from the World Cup (including the Finals if we somehow make it). I'm also pretty sure that Clarke views Anthony Ralston ahead of Ramsay right now in the pecking order.

I presume you didn't see Ramsay play in the home U21 fixture against Turkey. He was horrifically out of his depth. Although to be fair, he certainly wasn't the only one that evening. 

I want the loon to succeed (and eventually be sold for a massive fee) but he's still got a lot of developing to do as a player.

Is hickey not predominantly a left back when he got his caps that’s where he came on and played for Scotland.

Ralston would probably get a call up along with O’Donnell but out of between them and Ramsay, Ramsay is the better player and I’ll say that after watching the game v turkey, yes Ramsay looked poor but he got no protection from the right midfielder in front  of him and the singer and left back doubled up on him with the winger being turkeys best player 

Patterson is injured and lucky to be fit for June unless he gets games before then he can’t play. 

Just now, sheepcrooky said:

Given the left footed strike Ramsay scored with against Dundee a few weeks ago, I would say he is okay with both feet as well. 

Aye. 

I'm not comparing the two as players. Or saying one is better than the other. 

Was just pointing out that Clarke looks more likely to play Hickey than Ramsay at the moment. 

The chances of Ramsay getting called up in June are pretty slim.  Needs to establish himself at u21 so he becomes the obvious guy to call up next season. 

4 hours ago, slippers said:

Papers trying to talk down our players at 3m! Has to be minimum 5m upfront rising to 8m or something like that!

Gutter press saying 3m will do it. Just shows how much of a joke the media view clubs outside the other 2.

Club are absolutely delighted he won that award as it gives them another reason to ask for more cash! 

Aye, that's how it works. 

hi Liverpool here. How much for Calvin? 

8 million

8!? whit. The daily record says he's only worth 3 million, so that's our offer.

lolz

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Aye, that's how it works. 

hi Liverpool here. How much for Calvin? 

8 million

8!? whit. The daily record says he's only worth 3 million, so that's our offer.

Thats seems to be the sticking point from my man in the know.

Wages agreed I've heard.

Messenger shoot the dont..  

24 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Thats seems to be the sticking point from my man in the know.

Wages agreed I've heard.

Messenger shoot the dont..  

Because of the value the daily record have placed on him?  Or, the value their scouts etc have deemed appropriate ?

10 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Because of the value the daily record have placed on him?  Or, the value their scouts etc have deemed appropriate ?

Shouldn’t it be the price we are willing to sell him at ?  He’s still under contract for another couple of years and our asset to sell.  We can always turn these offers down and keep him.  Difficult one for the club.  Although I think 3m is 1m light it’s still a lot of cash for a club of our size. 

9 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Shouldn’t it be the price we are willing to sell him at ?  He’s still under contract for another couple of years and our asset to sell.  We can always turn these offers down and keep him.  Difficult one for the club.  Although I think 3m is 1m light it’s still a lot of cash for a club of our size. 

Yeah its our valuation that matters. We need to be holding our ground especially when team like Liverpool are trying to sign him. 

Who is the cheapest young (first team established) player Liverpool have bought?

Even as back up?

We should simply tell them thanks but no, we’ll keep him for now as yous are not the only club interested & £3m isn’t close to our wishes. We’ll roll dice & hold onto him.

We’ll be getting a reasonable fee for Ferguson this summer anyway so we certainly don’t need te sell Ramsay on cheap as well. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Who is the cheapest young (first team established) player Liverpool have bought?

Even as back up?

We should simply tell them thanks but no, we’ll keep him for now as yous are not the only club interested & £3m isn’t close to our wishes. We’ll roll dice & hold onto him.

We’ll be getting a reasonable fee for Ferguson this summer anyway so we certainly don’t need te sell Ramsay on cheap as well. 

Given his form falling off a cliff after we allegedly knocked back bids for him in January can you imagine what he would be like if we blocked a move to Liverpool?

1 hour ago, slippers said:

What the fuck are you on about? 

You're saying that the 'gutter press' are talking down his value...

do you think that teams base their value of a player they want to buy  based on what 'gutter press' say?! That's my point