Calvin Ramsay

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk on here will just make up the structure of the add ons anyway without being any the wiser. 

See the Scott McKenna thread for further information.

Yep. And, will then use it to avoid admitting they were wrong with their crazy unrealistic expectations. 

Same when Ferguson goes for £3-4M. 

Anyway, getting £4M would be decent considering he’s played about a dozen good games for us and cost us goals in about half a dozen. 

I hope I’m being far too sceptical but I will be surprised if JG sees even half of it to spend on a replacement(s)

51 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Going to be a lot of tears and snotters on here if this gets announced as £4m.

If its 4m up front,  it will more than likely include add ons

4m up front for an 18 year old who had a storming 3 months or so then absolutely flopped, is superb business

Barron is the one who is going to make us huge money, what a talent that tiny little man is

Guest milne_afc
14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

what a talent that tiny little man is

Haha, lovely prose MT. What do make of his shoulders/physique? He reminds me of Ram Man from MOTU(He-man). Solid!

17 minutes ago, Millertime said:

If its 4m up front,  it will more than likely include add ons

4m up front for an 18 year old who had a storming 3 months or so then absolutely flopped, is superb business

Barron is the one who is going to make us huge money, what a talent that tiny little man is

Barron's form will drop at some point... no doubt you'll slaughter him and brand him 'shite,' 'over-rated' or a 'flop' as you did with Ramsay and McKenna.

Incidentally, Ramsay has a much higher ceiling than Barron.  If both players remain injury free, Ramsay will have the better career.

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Barron's form will drop at some point... no doubt you'll slaughter him and brand him 'shite,' 'over-rated' or a 'flop' as you did with Ramsay and McKenna.

Incidentally, Ramsay has a much higher ceiling than Barron.  If both players remain injury free, Ramsay will have the better career.

Think you might need to unclog your ears, or use some eye drops

I've corrected you on this before- I never once said mckenna was shite

I've also never said Ramsay was shite, but that he had a weak physique and arguably, mentality

He also looks like rodney trotter

The issue is we have a good quantity of youngsters who come through, but the majority are only ever good enough for league one

Barron and Ramsay, like Fraser, have that x factor

Ram

If there's substance to this, and nae doot something's up given his squad absence yesterday, the best of luck to the laddie.

There's no doubting he has the technical ability to play at top level, although I think he has some way to go physically developing - a top level club will give him best facilities to get there. Credit also to AFC who seem to have not stood in his way over this, it's now down to him and a bit of luck avoiding any bad injuries. I hope he now goes on to have an outstanding career at the very highest level

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Why does Ramsay have a much higher ceiling than Barron?

22 hours ago, RUL said:

4m deal to Liverpool.

21 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Was hoping for more. Feel we are being short changed here.

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

He's just made it up. 

The amount of absolute virgins on here who just make up transfer news is incredible. 

RUL has been spot on with a lot of info previously, parky. He broke the mcinnes leaving news for one…

42 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Why does Ramsay have a much higher ceiling than Barron?

Just my opinion m8 - I might be wrong of course!  I think he's the bigger talent - and there is enormous potential there. When Ramsay was up and about at the start of the season, he was completely on another level. I do like Barron a lot. Tactically excellent, reads the game really well and makes good decisions. He influences games already even thought he's just broken into the team - already looks like he's played 100 first team games.  These are obviously essential ingredients for success - compare and contrast with Dean Campbell for example, who really lacked in these areas.

50 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Just my opinion m8 - I might be wrong of course!  I think he's the bigger talent - and there is enormous potential there. When Ramsay was up and about at the start of the season, he was completely on another level. I do like Barron a lot. Tactically excellent, reads the game really well and makes good decisions. He influences games already even thought he's just broken into the team - already looks like he's played 100 first team games.  These are obviously essential ingredients for success - compare and contrast with Dean Campbell for example, who really lacked in these areas.

To be fair to Campbell though, he is a different player to the baron

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Good money if add ons are included.

Shame its the Liverats. 

Good move for him in a footballing sense, obviously. 

I'd make Ross McCrorie a RB. Best suited to that position IMHO.

Yeah McCrorie is quite solid at right back and it would relieve Besuijen of much of his defensive duties. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah McCrorie is quite solid at right back and it would relieve Besuijen of much of his defensive duties. 

Does nothing for me in midfield. Not enough of a goal threat for box to box. Not a great passer. Determined and energetic though, perfect for RB when he's made captain.

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Does nothing for me in midfield. Not enough of a goal threat for box to box. Not a great passer. Determined and energetic though, perfect for RB when he's made captain.

Yep, would run up and down the line all day. Bit like the boy Rooney does for St Johnstone. 

And Doug Rougvie did for us back in the day. 

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

As soon as one of the papers mentions that someone is interested in Barron all this will start again. 

The obsession with 'add ons' is possibly the strangest development in recent times. 

Lol when the £4m is a potential fee if add-on clauses are met.

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

As soon as one of the papers mentions that someone is interested in Barron all this will start again. 

The obsession with 'add ons' is possibly the strangest development in recent times. 

Well Cormack has said that most deals are heavily structured for the club to make good money from the add ons.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Well Cormack has said that most deals are heavily structured for the club to make good money from the add ons.

Hopefully will come to fruition. 

I'm not sure we've returned anything in add ons for McKenna yet and we're unlikely to get a fucking penny in add ons for Cosgrove. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hopefully will come to fruition. 

I'm not sure we've returned anything in add ons for McKenna yet and we're unlikely to get a fucking penny in add ons for Cosgrove. 

It obviously comes with a risky but that's why a decent fee upfront is key, I'd like more for Ramsay upfront but if we get £4m straight up with decent add ons we could come out of this very well.  McKenna getting sold in the summer would net us a decent add on I believe, depending on the fee but could be an addition £2m to £4m.