Calvin Ramsay

13 hours ago, slippers said:

Unbelievable talent though. If we can’t get more than 4m for him it dosnt exactly bode well unless it’s rising to 8m or something. Probably agree it’s not a bad deal if we have atleast the same again in achievable add ons.  

Is he really an unbelievable talent though?

maybe he is. And 4m could be very low….

or maybe he’s no better than a teenage Kevin mcnaughton who eventually left for £0 and had a solid championship career. 

I reckon £4m is decent for where he is and for where Aberdeen are. Hopefully if we can continue this type of business (that we have only just started to see) then the fees can become higher….. aaaand we hopefully won’t waste the money we receive on shite (this is the biggest worry)

2 hours ago, thurso said:

Bullshit. If it’s £4 million pound we’ve been robbed. He is comparatable with hickey and Patterson and look what the are quoted as being worth. Ramsay’s form after his injury hasn’t even been that bad despite what has been said on here. 

The value of a player quote clearly depends on the turnover of the club he plays for. A youngster breaking in at Man U and a youngster at Sheffield Wednesday aren’t going to be worth the same amount of money. 

You can’t compare what transfer fee Aberdeen would accept against the finances of Rangers and Bologna

Should make an effort to get him back next season. Absolutely no chance he starts for Liverpool and I’d be surprised if he even made the bench most weeks. If he doesn’t come to us he’ll end up at a Championship side before the end of the transfer window or in January. 

• Upvote 1

It's a fantastic opportunity for him. I hope he does well. I'm not sure he's ready for first team action with Liverpool and wouldn't be surprised if he were to be loaned out (potentially to us). 

The sale of Mckenna, Ferguson, Cosgrove, Ramsay etc shows we are an attractive proposition to any young talent who sees us as a stepping stone to big move in England or abroad.

Credit to Cormack and the club for holding out for more money. Under Milne, 1 million for Anderson was seen as acceptable.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Do we actually have scouts now?

I know we dispensed with that whole 'find out if there's any decent players available' nonsense a while back... was it Calderwood era?... but maybe scouting is a thing we could try again?

Couldn't hurt, right? 

Definitely have scouts. There are Aberdeen scouts at the kids football I help out at. 

31 minutes ago, Quagmire said:

Should make an effort to get him back next season. Absolutely no chance he starts for Liverpool  and I’d be surprised if he even made the bench most weeks. If he doesn’t come to us he’ll end up at a Championship side before the end of the transfer window or in January. 

Y’reckon !?.....bold prediction that, min 

He’s not even been a guaranteed starter for us lately.

I hope he goes on to have a great career , especially in case we do actually stand to benefit from any add-ons. But also because he seems to have a good attitude on and off the park , and hasn’t caused any disruption or agitated for a move.

However, I think it’s more likely his career path will be more along the lines of Ryan McLoughlin / Jack Grimmer than Andy Robertson. 

34 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

It's a fantastic opportunity for him. I hope he does well. I'm not sure he's ready for first team action with Liverpool and wouldn't be surprised if he were to be loaned out (potentially to us). 

The sale of Mckenna, Ferguson, Cosgrove, Ramsay etc shows we are an attractive proposition to any young talent who sees us as a stepping stone to big move in England or abroad.

Credit to Cormack and the club for holding out for more money. Under Milne, 1 million for Anderson was seen as acceptable.

He's not even gone yet! 

2 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

Definitely have scouts. There are Aberdeen scouts at the kids football I help out at. 

Previously I have coached junior football clubs in the Central belt and there is definitely scouts keeping tabs on any junior team / player that is doing well. The main issue is when do they hit their ceiling, not all promising footballers can reach their full potential / go onto Premier League standard. CR will go on and great career as long as he keeps progressing. 4M plus add ons is a decent fee. Liverpool have just bought Fabio Carvalho for £5M plus add ons who has played a lot more games than CR and in a stronger league. Aberdeen need to have a very good close season and sign 8/9 good players however that will be difficult to achieve in one transfer window. DC needs to back JG ..........We live in hope!!

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Under Milne, 1 million for Anderson was seen as acceptable.

That’s because it was a decent price. And there wasn’t a queue of interested clubs willing to pay any more. 

Remind me how his career in England panned out ...... any multi-million pound transfers to show that we gave him away far too cheap.?

15 hours ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Still think the club need to show some backbone regarding the fee for Ramsay. 

Clubs from engerlund come up here & always try to steal players on thr cheap, they are riddled with cash & 4 mill won't even be missed at Liverpool.

Why if reports are correct would we knock back 4.8 million from bologna then accept 4 Mill from the yossers.

We can only hope that there is a bidding war for him. But it seems he's heading to scouseland.

Good luck to ramsay, he's a top player & I hope he goes onto big things which I suspect he will.

I'm just hoping the money received will be made available to JG to bring in some quality which is badly lacking in this team.

It’s down to the player though. Play at a no mark team like Bologna or one of the best in the world at the moment. The club can’t force him to sign for a club he doesn’t want to go to.

The naivety on display in this thread is incredible. As soon as a player knows a club like Liverpool is keen to sign them then all this “we should hold out for 10million” is irrelevant nonsense. 

• Upvote 2

The only gripe I have about this is these English cunts coming in and consistently trying to low ball Scottish clubs for their best prospects. They will think nothing of offering 10’s of millions for completely unproven young English players. It’s great for Ramsay, genuinely life changing move for him. 

• Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The only gripe I have about this is these English cunts coming in and consistently trying to low ball Scottish clubs for their best prospects. They will think nothing of offering 10’s of millions for completely unproven young English players. It’s great for Ramsay, genuinely life changing move for him. 

Said on SSN that we rejected offer of 3.3m in January with obligation to buy. It also said we would only consider bids way above our record transfer which is currently 3m. 

11 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

The value of a player quote clearly depends on the turnover of the club he plays for. A youngster breaking in at Man U and a youngster at Sheffield Wednesday aren’t going to be worth the same amount of money. 

You can’t compare what transfer fee Aberdeen would accept against the finances of Rangers and Bologna

How much turnover a club has shouldn’t impact what a player is sold for. If a player is as good as another that’s the benchmark. I don’t think if Jude Bellingham left Man United instead of Birmingham at 17 he would of still been priced at £25 million I recon 

28 minutes ago, thurso said:

How much turnover a club has shouldn’t impact what a player is sold for. If a player is as good as another that’s the benchmark. I don’t think if Jude Bellingham left Man United instead of Birmingham at 17 he would of still been priced at £25 million I recon 

Yeah but bigger clubs have more money and status to hang onto their assets which inflates the price. 

2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

1 million for Anderson WAS acceptable though

Did you follow his career trajectory down there?

Many scotland caps did he get?

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

I think people need to remember the money from player sales doesn't go in to your back pocket. It really doesn't mean anything to fans - £4m or £6m. 

This is a developing comment by a few on here

Of course it means something to the fans

It means we know our club is getting a healthy wedge of money to reinvest 

It's a really daft thing for people to call out

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

That has nothing to do with the fee the club accepted for him.  We should have been looking for more but like most deals we jumped at the first offer instead of trying to get more, we've done it with several players, thankfully now we look to be doing transfers a bit better.

Just now, minijc said:

That has nothing to do with the fee the club accepted for him.  We should have been looking for more but like most deals we jumped at the first offer instead of trying to get more, we've done it with several players, thankfully now we look to be doing transfers a bit better.

Were several more clubs banging the door down to get him at the time?

Was there maybe not also a big factor of wanting to do right by him since he was well revered?

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Were several more clubs banging the door down to get him at the time?

Was there maybe not also a big factor of wanting to do right by him since he was well revered?

I can't really remember but £1m at the time seemed at the lower end.  We along with other clubs up here have the habit of taking the first offer and not holding out for more, Hibs had a good spell of getting silly money for decent players, the whole league outside of Celtic and Rangers need a huge change in their approach to selling players, as I've said it looks like we've changed for the better now.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

I can't really remember but £1m at the time seemed at the lower end.  We along with other clubs up here have the habit of taking the first offer and not holding out for more, Hibs had a good spell of getting silly money for decent players, the whole league outside of Celtic and Rangers need a huge change in their approach to selling players, as I've said it looks like we've changed for the better now.

I agree, on the whole

But 1m for Anderson at that stage was fine when you factor in

1) him

2) there weren't a massive list of clubs after him

3) doing right by him

18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He got 11 Scotland caps. Got injured down south so think its unfair to look at what he ended up doing. He was consistently one of the most talked about players in our league. 

For comparison Craig Beattie went for 1.75m that same summer - he got 7 scotland caps, was seen as a donkey and did fuck all of note in England. 

Roman Bednar left Hearts for close to 3m. ALso same summer that Hibs got about 8m combined for Brown, Whittaker and David Murphy. 2m for Murphy who id argue was nowhere close to the player Anderson was at that stage in their respective careers. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, minijc said:

It’s was a Stewart Milne “million” we received which showed in the accounts as about £700k. Paltry amount 

• Upvote 1