Calvin Ramsay

6 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Jet never had the career Williams has had and Williams is 10 years younger so don’t see any comparison here

Because you said he’s worth more as he had champions league experience I was just pointing out that means nothing as a guy like jet got champions league experience to at the same age so that doesn’t mean he should be worth more it’s all about how good the player is. 

If Liverpool thought the Welsh loon was better they would keep him it’s not as if they have to sell him. 

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

Because you said he’s worth more as he had champions league experience I was just pointing out that means nothing as a guy like jet got champions league experience to at the same age so that doesn’t mean he should be worth more it’s all about how good the player is. 

If Liverpool thought the Welsh loon was better they would keep him it’s not as if they have to sell him. 

Completely different circumstances tho jet was a lazy useless cunt that got released by Arsenal, Williams isn’t and of course having champions league experience adds more to a player’s value than a player not having that experience.

As said above the Williams wants to leave, Liverpool don’t want to sell him

10 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Completely different circumstances tho jet was a lazy useless cunt that got released by Arsenal, Williams isn’t and of course having champions league experience adds more to a player’s value than a player not having that experience.

As said above the Williams wants to leave, Liverpool don’t want to sell him

I have no idea who Williams is he could be the next Cafu but him and jet both had champions league experience and it didn’t do jet any good. 

Williams must be some player tho if he’s twice as good as Ramsay 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I have no idea who Williams is he could be the next Cafu but him and jet both had champions league experience and it didn’t do jet any good. 

No idea who Williams is yet can say Ramsay is worth more than him. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Hopefully this transfer goes through soon so we all dinna have to read the fucking drivel in this thread any more.

Yeah, but once it goes through it’ll just mean posts about how much we should have got, and prolonged discussion about the potential add-ons etc

• Upvote 1
Just now, DD1903 said:

Yeah, but once it goes through it’ll just mean posts about how much we should have got, and prolonged discussion about the potential add-ons etc

Aye your right. The McKenna thread still makes an appareance near 2 years after he left. Ffs

7 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Aye. Some of our support seem more interested in the money side than the football side these days. 

As soon as a player makes the first team they're already obsessed with how much we're going to sell them for. 

Then when we do sell then they watch them more for their new team than they did for us in the vain hope that we'll cash in on an "add-on" 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Some of our support seem more interested in the money side than the football side these days. 

As soon as a player makes the first team they're already obsessed with how much we're going to sell them for. 

Then when we do sell then they watch them more for their new team than they did for us in the vain hope that we'll cash in on an "add-on" 

Cannot blame the fans for the way the club has regressed over the years. 
We aren’t a club that is capable of keeping players of quality any longer. We are a selling club & that is only going to increase as that is exactly how DC wants us & that is how we will continue. 

DC’s Aberdeen is not there for enjoyment/on pitch success as main priority. It is there as a business to make money & any success on pitch is just a bonus to aid in selling more players.

Fans talking about how much money players can earn the club has 100% been brought about by the clubs own agenda. & that is the only realistic ‘success’ the fans can hope for now. 
We are a diddy selling club hoping to pick up the odd trophy once in a while like all the other diddy clubs 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We aren’t a club that is capable of keeping players of quality any longer. We are a selling club & that is only going to increase as that is exactly how DC wants us & that is how we will continue. 

DC’s Aberdeen is not there for enjoyment/on pitch success as main priority. It is there as a business to make money & any success on pitch is just a bonus to aid in selling more players.

Fans talking about how much money players can earn the club has 100% been brought about by the clubs own agenda. & that is the only realistic ‘success’ the fans can hope for now. 
We are a diddy selling club hoping to pick up the odd trophy once in a while like all the other diddy clubs 

EVERY club in Scotland is a selling club in case it had slipped your notice. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

EVERY club in Scotland is a selling club in case it had slipped your notice. 

It hadn’t but the point is that outwith the arse cheeks every club HAS to sell as all are diddy sides. 

Fans are automatically going to put a value on players that impress as that is the clubs strategy.

Arse cheeks so also but they still have the ability to hold onto their players & almost guarantee them success 

38 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I've no issue with us being a selling club. 

But the supporters should be focused on what the player does in a red shirt for as long as possible rather than wishing them out of the door to the highest bidder as soon as they can. 

It's folk getting excited about selling Ramsay so we can pay over the odds in wages for another year of Gallagher, Bates and Watkins that strikes me as odd. 

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've no issue with us being a selling club. 

But the supporters should be focused on what the player does in a red shirt for as long as possible rather than wishing them out of the door to the highest bidder as soon as they can. 

It's folk getting excited about selling Ramsay so we can pay over the odds in wages for another year of Gallagher, Bates and Watkins that strikes me as odd. 

But they aren’t ‘wishing’ them out the door though. They are being realistic & wanting the most return for them.

All would much prefer to keep players & not sell them at all if it meant success on the pitch but we cannot get that wish granted. 

Keeping one Calvin Ramsay isn’t going to change that.

The club WANTS to sell players & that will automatically trickle through to the fans as that is the mantra of the club now first & foremost 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But they aren’t ‘wishing’ them out the door though. They are being realistic & wanting the most return for them.

All would much prefer to keep players & not sell them at all if it meant success on the pitch but we cannot get that wish granted. 

Keeping one Calvin Ramsay isn’t going to change that.

The club WANTS to sell players & that will automatically trickle through to the fans as that is the mantra of the club now first & foremost 

Yeah I agree totally.

But as a fan I don't give a fuck if we get £3m or £4m for a player or whether we're getting a few hundred grand once they've played 50 games for their new club. I want to see good players in a red shirt for as long as we can. 

• Upvote 1

Ask any fan if they would prefer to sell a player in January for £20m knowing that keeping the player could win us the league & every fan would say keep the player. Even if winning the league only makes the club £5m (for example) & there is risk of player getting injured. 

Ask Dave Cormack same question in same situation & he would 100% choose selling player for the £20m at expense of league title. He may be a true fan but he is 100% a businessman first. 

Problem is that players have far too much ‘rights’ now & clubs are their bitches.

Should be the case that a player signs a contract they are expected to honour that. Not spit dummy (McKenna/Ferguson just two examples) as soon as a club shows interest & they expect the club to sell them regardless of price. Players that hand in transfer requests in this situation (seems to be the new norm) should rightly be completely chastised by the support.

Agents (& parents) are the scum driving this now & clubs are just there for advertising. Very few players in the game with morals & appreciation of what their clubs do for them

11 hours ago, thurso said:

You must be one of the most mentally deficient posters ever on here, which is some achievement. 

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ask any fan if they would prefer to sell a player in January for £20m knowing that keeping the player could win us the league & every fan would say keep the player. Even if winning the league only makes the club £5m (for example) & there is risk of player getting injured. 

Ask Dave Cormack same question in same situation & he would 100% choose selling player for the £20m at expense of league title. He may be a true fan but he is 100% a businessman first. 

You  reckon ?...... I wouldn’t be so sure.  Assuming we weren’t so deep in debt that we had no realistic option* other than to take the £20m , I think Cormack would find the possibly never to be repeated serious chance to win the league too hard to resist.

* (“option” in the true sense and meaning of the word.....NOT the @Parklife version)

11 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah I agree totally.

But as a fan I don't give a fuck if we get £3m or £4m for a player or whether we're getting a few hundred grand once they've played 50 games for their new club. I want to see good players in a red shirt for as long as we can. 

Yeah, but getting 3 or 4m for a player generally means cash to improve the wider team?

13 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That is just a dreadful analogy on so many levels. Utter tripe.