Calvin Ramsay

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You'd think. 

But we have a wage bill that's gone up by £2m and our team is atrocious 

There is a huge clear out this Summer. Some big hitters off the wage bill at that too.

Calvin Ramsay could be the best player in the World and we'd still be shite if he's to play with 10 duffers.

The reported £4m is worth more to the footballing operation than Calvin Ramsay himself with our current state of affairs surely?

On 5/15/2022 at 3:28 PM, Zeus said:

Hopefully this transfer goes through soon so we all dinna have to read the fucking drivel in this thread any more.

On 5/15/2022 at 3:36 PM, DD1903 said:

Yeah, but once it goes through it’ll just mean posts about how much we should have got, and prolonged discussion about the potential add-ons etc

Aye, some fucking painful reading in thread.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck what fee we get for him. We'll get what we get and it'll be what he's worth.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, thurso said:

And what made you come up with that insightful assessment 

Recently, this shite below. 

On 5/15/2022 at 7:15 AM, thurso said:

For once you’ve talked sense. The fee should all be upfront in my opinion 

On 5/15/2022 at 10:11 AM, thurso said:

£10 million.
Not sure what having champions league experience has to do with it Jay Emmanuel Thomas had that did he not 

On 5/15/2022 at 11:31 AM, thurso said:

I don’t think it matters what experience he has it’s how good he is.

Jet played in the champions league 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:08 PM, thurso said:

I have no idea who Williams is he could be the next Cafu but him and jet both had champions league experience and it didn’t do jet any good. 

Williams must be some player tho if he’s twice as good as Ramsay 

Previously, things like this:

On 5/12/2022 at 9:01 PM, thurso said:

I heard from a very reliable source that we are signing Mbappe and Pogba on Bosmans, they just don’t want it announced yet as it might ruin their chances of getting a game at psg and msn untied respectively 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Recently, this shite below. 

Previously, things like this:

My opinion on Calvin Ramsay is he’s that good he shouldn’t be going for peanuts but good to see I made that much of an impression on you you looked back to get all my posts in ??

Even taking the joke I made up about mbappe and pogba as serious you pleb 

All those posts were on the same page,  it wasn't very difficult. 

Liverpool are not going to give us 10 million up front for Ramsay. They will move on,  Ramsay will be very pissed off at missing out on the chance of a lifetime,  he'll then have a year left on his contract after no one stumps up your price tag. 

What's your plan then? 

7 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He won't because he won't be playing club football.

That hasn't stopped Patterson from getting 8 of them so fully expect Ramsay to get a few under the same circumstances. His only problem might be what Hickey is viewed as at international level. IT's unlikely Hickey will get at game at left back if Robertson and Tierney are fit (admittedly Tierney frequently isn't) so he might end up at right back more often than not.

12 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He won't because he won't be playing club football.

I wouldnt rule out Gallagher, Bates and Considine yet.

There will be a few randoms making up the numbers in these 5 or 6 June international matches.

I seriously suspect Ramsay will get a call and especially if he plays for Liverpool

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldnt rule out Gallagher, Bates and Considine yet.

There will be a few randoms making up the numbers in these 5 or 6 June international matches.

I seriously suspect Ramsay will get a call and especially if he plays for Liverpool

Kal Naismith would be a better shout than Gallagher, Bates and Considine, had an outstanding season playing CH for Luton, minutes away from making the play off final last night (yes I know he played for the Huns, so did Bates). Alan Campbell also a better shout in midfield than Ferguson after their respective seasons.

4 hours ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

Kal Naismith would be a better shout than Gallagher, Bates and Considine, had an outstanding season playing CH for Luton, minutes away from making the play off final last night (yes I know he played for the Huns, so did Bates). Alan Campbell also a better shout in midfield than Ferguson after their respective seasons.

The more the merrier. We'll need about 50 players by time we get to Armenia away

6 hours ago, thurso said:

I see Calvin Ramsay has been left out of the under 21s. Maybe a call up to the top team incoming 

No chance

Even when he's officially with Liverpool he won't get a call up prior to our World Cup interest ending........unless there is a massive run of injuries to our established right backs. Ralston and Paul McGinn are still ahead of him in the selection stakes for now. But once our WC interest is over, be it in the play offs or in December if we make it to Qatar.......he will then move ahead of McGinn and Stephen O'Donnell (fair chance one or both will retire from international football anyway). That just leaves him needing to usurp Patterson, probably Hickey and Ralston. 

11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Seeing as he’s about 5th or 6th choice RB, I highly doubt that. 

I’d be surprised if he was that low in choice we are already missing some players. Same thing happened when hickey was called up. 
Unless his injury is worse than we thought and he wasn’t left out because a deal to Liverpool was already done. 
I’m just surprised he’s not in the under 21s squad 

2 hours ago, thurso said:

I’d be surprised if he was that low in choice we are already missing some players. Same thing happened when hickey was called up. 
Unless his injury is worse than we thought and he wasn’t left out because a deal to Liverpool was already done. 
I’m just surprised he’s not in the under 21s squad 

He’s not in because he’s not played for weeks & is carrying an injury allegedly.

Games are meaningless anyway so no point risking making it worse. 

The thing I struggle to understand about Liverpool's interest is they already have young Conor Bradley who is a tremendous young right back and the same age as Calvin. He is already an Northern Ireland international, player of the year in premier League 2 so basically rated one of the top talents amongst all the EPL clubs development teams, he is still contracted for another year and has already started for the Liverpool first team in about half a dozen games, and is someone who Klopp called a wonderful talent just a couple of months ago.  

Would Calvin be joining them as 3rd/4th choice right back behind TTA, Williams / Milner sometimes and Bradley? or are they planning to sell both Williams and Bradley?  

If we do make a deal with them hopefully we either get a loan back of Calvin for next season, or maybe they would be willing to loan us Bradley for the season as part of any deal.  

37 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

The thing I struggle to understand about Liverpool's interest is they already have young Conor Bradley who is a tremendous young right back and the same age as Calvin. He is already an Northern Ireland international, player of the year in premier League 2 so basically rated one of the top talents amongst all the EPL clubs development teams, he is still contracted for another year and has already started for the Liverpool first team in about half a dozen games, and is someone who Klopp called a wonderful talent just a couple of months ago.  

Would Calvin be joining them as 3rd/4th choice right back behind TTA, Williams / Milner sometimes and Bradley? or are they planning to sell both Williams and Bradley?  

If we do make a deal with them hopefully we either get a loan back of Calvin for next season, or maybe they would be willing to loan us Bradley for the season as part of any deal.  

They’re basically speculating to accumulate. 
Good FB’s are a pretty rare breed & very sought after. 
They will likely assess them all. Keep best two & punt any spares for profit.

Makes perfect sense for bigger sides that can afford to do so.

51 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

As FND said the top clubs will just look to hoover up talent they can, with no garuntee they'll make it anywhere near the first team.

They'll probably look to loan Bradley out and "develop" Ramsay for a few years then sell him on for a decent profit, like what they did with Danny Ward to an extent