Calvin Ramsay

5 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

I hope they get this sorted out ASAP... There's a big difference in prepping for pre season and new signings with whatever the budget is and with a few million in your hipper... Oh for the days of photos of the first day of pre season training with 5-8 new signings in the squad... 

What’s not to say it isn’t already sorted but Aberdeen want it kept quiet so it doesn’t push up the prices of players they want to sign

15 hours ago, Poodler said:

Wasn’t the boy Hernandez ranked about 123rd in the Norwegian league when we signed him as a ‘world class signing’. 

otherwise known as a massive lie 

There were shitwits arguing Hernandez was a legit signing ?

Shitwits.

3 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

£5.1m would be a good fee for us to get. Hopefully a few reasonable add ons as well. 

Will believe it when I see it though.

I’d rather he went to a Leeds as opposed to Liverpool. The chances of getting a decent sell on would be better.

On 5/25/2022 at 8:30 AM, Kiriakov33 said:

I find it hard to believe also.  Below is from the article.  I’m 3 out but still an unbelievable figure 

Juventus have a huge stable of players with nearly 120 across their first-team and under-23 side. There are currently 43 out on loan to clubs around Europe and in MLS, including Aaron Ramsey at Rangers.

Atalanta have 63 out on loan ?

20 hours ago, Hoofball said:

What’s not to say it isn’t already sorted but Aberdeen want it kept quiet so it doesn’t push up the prices of players they want to sign

Need to sell season tickets too tho ?

1 minute ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Plenty positive comments about a move to Liverpool.

Typical Aberdonian, just broke through at a young age, statistically one of the most exciting young players in Europe, transfer battle with Leeds and Liverpool for his signature, on holiday with his young missus, still looks a miserable bastard. Smile ya cunt, life’s good

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Typical Aberdonian, just broke through at a young age, statistically one of the most exciting young players in Europe, transfer battle with Leeds and Liverpool for his signature, on holiday with his young missus, still looks a miserable bastard. Smile ya cunt, life’s good

I'm not from Aberdeen so I'll not fuel and fire here haha

Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

He is smiling.

15 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Being reported that Leeds are out the running and Ramsay is expected to join Liverpool for a fee in the region of 4 million pounds.
Liverpool are back for pre season on the 4th of July and a deal is expected to go through before then 

It's less than he's worth, but 4 mill is worth more to us than one very good right back.

How wisely would the money be spent though - that is the question.

Just now, Just Dandy said:

It's less than he's worth, but 4 mill is worth more to us than one very good right back.

How wisely would the money be spent though - that is the question.

Agree, I’d have wanted more especially since Liverpool want 15 million for the player Ramsay will replace.

If Aberdeen had any sense they’d have deal’s already sorted out so when Ramsay goes Aberdeen don’t get hit with inflated valuations and can then finalise the new signings

45 minutes ago, Helmet said:

£4m is not too bad as long as there are a good few, achievable, add ons in there.

That's a similar fee to the Patterson one I'd think. I don't believe for a moment Everton actually paid what the Scottish media reported.

£11m reported in the Liverpool Echo

Or if you prefer a more upmarket national rag, The Times reported it as the same figure

Hate sevco by all means, it's to be encouraged. But I'm afraid Patterson went for a lot more than we are going to get for Ramsay. For a few reasons, but not least because currently he's just a better player, whether you like it or not. That's not to say Ramsay won't be better in time, but right now he's not Scotland class. Patterson is.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Agree, I’d have wanted more especially since Liverpool want 15 million for the player Ramsay will replace.

If Aberdeen had any sense they’d have deal’s already sorted out so when Ramsay goes Aberdeen don’t get hit with inflated valuations and can then finalise the new signings

Agreed. 
Could really bite us in the arse the time we are taking to get new signings in.

Once Ferguson/Ramsay sold & agents are aware of our ‘cash rich’ status (regardless of how much of the fees is assigned back into the squad) they will try to suck us for all we’re worth. 

Badly managed window so far. To Glass levels of shiteness.

No news is certainly not good news. Tick Tock JG. Get your finger out

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Or if you prefer a more upmarket national rag, The Times reported it as the same figure

Hate sevco by all means, it's to be encouraged. But I'm afraid Patterson went for a lot more than we are going to get for Ramsay. For a few reasons, but not least because currently he's just a better player, whether you like it or not. That's not to say Ramsay won't be better in time, but right now he's not Scotland class. Patterson is.

I agree Patterson is better and much more proven quantity when he went to Everton.

I'm just not really buying that figure as a the actual transfer fee- feels more like the value of the fee plus potential add ons or total value of the transfer fee plus players contract.

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Scotland class? ??

Did you watch the game on Wednesday and witness the standard?

I’m scotland class and i can hardly run the length of myself.

13 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Agreed. 

Once Ferguson/Ramsay sold & agents are aware of our ‘cash rich’ status (regardless of how much of the fees is assigned back into the squad) they will try to suck us for all we’re worth. 

Badly managed???

Some of you really crack me up, actually more like your smoking the crack. 

If it's badly managed what should have been done and who should have been signed by now then? What should we have done differently?

13 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Agreed. 

What you say is correct. It will be harder to get value once/if we land multiple millions for sales of players. 

I think the problem we have had for many years now is that we set the bar very high for signings and these types of players don’t agree deals over night, often have other offers on the table. Once time drags on and they potentially get a better deal at another club a lot of our other targets have already agreed deals elsewhere. Fine line I guess but ultimately I’m glad the club are after notable quality that they hope will make a instant impact. Surely see 2/3 arrive next week as pre season will literally be days away.