Calvin Ramsay

46 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Completely baseless point.

Simply saying, he is well down the order of distinguished central defenders who have played the game professionally. Miller was well above his level. End of.

The mainstream media, and their willing lapdogs, have so easily brainwashed the weak and meek into believing that Hollish lump is a "world class" defender. A sad cultural representation of our nation.

Individualism is below conformity unfortunately.

Nobody cares. It’s modern football, things have changed. Stop living for yesterday.

41 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It’s not yesterday anymore & it’s not tomorrow yet either.

In fact, it is now now but the ‘now’ when you wrote the above post is past now, so your post is irrelevant now & nobody cares about it whilst this post is relevant every time you care to read it

^^^ Like a dog listening to classical music

£4M hard cash up front, and assuming none of that is due to Ramsay or his agent, is more than decent for us.

Throw in a few add ons; sell on fee, Scotland cap, 20 and 50 apps for Liverpool etc and we are cooking.

Time to find ourselves a new right back

52 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

£4M hard cash up front, and assuming none of that is due to Ramsay or his agent, is more than decent for us.

Throw in a few add ons; sell on fee, Scotland cap, 20 and 50 apps for Liverpool etc and we are cooking.

Time to find ourselves a new right back

BHH

spacer.png

• Haha 1
On 6/7/2022 at 8:39 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

Nobody cares. It’s modern football, things have changed. Stop living for yesterday.

^^^ Like a dog listening to classical music

Not that you probably give a fuck but the dog was called Victor (hence the old record label) and he was listening to a recording of "his masters voice" ( later to become HMV records) and not classical music.

Might be handy in a pub quiz one day ?

42 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Also until the transfer window is open

We signed the Albanian boot boy outwith the transfer window. Hibs and Hearts have signed a few each

All it means is the player can't be registered until it opens. I think it's tomorrow that it does so it's almost a moot point now anyway but there's nothing to stop clubs signing/selling players at any time they like. If it falls outside a transfer window then they can't be registered until the next window opens but they can train, get medical treatment etc immediately. 

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

We signed the Albanian boot boy outwith the transfer window. Hibs and Hearts have signed a few each

All it means is the player can't be registered until it opens. I think it's tomorrow that it does so it's almost a moot point now anyway but there's nothing to stop clubs signing/selling players at any time they like. If it falls outside a transfer window then they can't be registered until the next window opens but they can train, get medical treatment etc immediately. 

It is tomorrow, and that's when we will be holding out until

Assuming the £4m ‘including’ add ons offer from Liverpool may have been closer to true than just media speculation if the club has KB’d them.

£4m up front PLUS potential add ons would be absolute minimum I would hope/expect the club to even consider given all the clubs interested in him.

Hopefully this doesn’t now turn into a bitter standoff between Liverpool/player/agent/family & Aberdeen as we have seen happening already to some extent with likes of McKenna & Ferguson.

Players (& their people) hold far too much control these days (especially at more financially restricted clubs such as ours) & young players (especially) that haven’t yet met their potential should not be allowed such a strong hand. Once bigger clubs/media/agents start twisting the knife. Clubs like Aberdeen are fkd ?

Compensation rules especially should be adjusted so that it is gauged on the average wage (money spent) the buying club is paying their own players of same age & not a set fee as it is now

On 6/7/2022 at 8:03 PM, shut up meg said:

It tool them 37 years to put up a plaque at their stadium remembering the 39 Italians who died at Heysel, I think that tells you enough about their morality.

Not to mention the "Suarez is innocent" episode... I was amazed they didn't lay a mountain-sized shrine of stolen hubcaps outside the San Giro when Peter Beardsley was sacked by Newcastle for calling someone a monkey. With a face like that, no wonder he's an icon in Liverpool. 

I'd like to see the Transfer system changed,

Take Ramsey ,. He will go to Liverpool. For say 4 million.

Then he may move again say this time for 7.5 million.

Aberdeen ,as his first pro club and as the club that developed him, would get  10 percent of that .

Then say he moves on again , Aberdeen get 7.5 percent.

Then next move is 5 Percent.

Etc this means the club that has given him the opportunity and taken that chance is rewarded throughout a players career.

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Assuming the £4m ‘including’ add ons offer from Liverpool may have been closer to true than just media speculation if the club has KB’d them.

£4m up front PLUS potential add ons would be absolute minimum I would hope/expect the club to even consider given all the clubs interested in him.

Hopefully this doesn’t now turn into a bitter standoff between Liverpool/player/agent/family & Aberdeen as we have seen happening already to some extent with likes of McKenna & Ferguson.

Players (& their people) hold far too much control these days (especially at more financially restricted clubs such as ours) & young players (especially) that haven’t yet met their potential should not be allowed such a strong hand. Once bigger clubs/media/agents start twisting the knife. Clubs like Aberdeen are fkd ?

Compensation rules especially should be adjusted so that it is gauged on the average wage (money spent) the buying club is paying their own players of same age & not a set fee as it is now

KB'd? Genuine question. I'n struggling to figure out what this is.

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Steady. The can be only one?

5 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

KB'd? Genuine question. I'n struggling to figure out what this is.

4 hours ago, mike1234 said:

Knocked back I think

3 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I assumed as much but can't see it as anything other than knocked backed and it upsets me.

Kiboshed? Still not correct.

Whilst not acceptably correct it is along similar lines of KO’d for knocked outed ??

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

I think it does,  5% of any transfer goes to the clubs who developed the player up until they are 21 (possibly 23).

Aye up until a certain age, my proposal is all career transfers, but with percentage dropping each move, 10, 7.5,  2.5,  then 2 percent for every move thereafter.

6 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I'd like to see the Transfer system changed,

Take Ramsey ,. He will go to Liverpool. For say 4 million.

Then he may move again say this time for 7.5 million.

Aberdeen ,as his first pro club and as the club that developed him, would get  10 percent of that .

Then say he moves on again , Aberdeen get 7.5 percent.

Then next move is 5 Percent.

Etc this means the club that has given him the opportunity and taken that chance is rewarded throughout a players career.

This already happens. Not sure on the %'s though.

5 hours ago, shut up meg said:

They already have something like that in place, I believe Dyce BC got a large fee when Armstrong went to Southampton. 

Yeah I'm sure I remember reading it was £100k plus they got when he moved