Calvin Ramsay

16 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Latest from Fabrizio Romano:

‘Liverpool are set to reach an agreement with Calvin Ramsay on personal terms - they made an official bid to Aberdeen for the Scottish fullback. ???????? #LFC

Club confident on agreement between clubs - but Aberdeen want around €10m with add ons included. Talks ongoing.’ 

10 million euros is about 8.5m pounds.

sounds like pish to me

So , if reports are to be true then Liverpool have offered 4m and we are holding out for 6m.   Hopefully a compromise will be reached.  Not that I am desperate for him to leave but let’s face it we need the cash to strengthen the squad.  If a deal is agreed I fully expect it to trigger a few signings this week. 

17 hours ago, NEM said:

That’s the spirit fud face! 

Weird that penfold posts similar:

18 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I reckon they'll take a look at him in their pre-season training, come to the conclusion he's nowhere near ready for them and fire him out on loan for the season to one of the Championship clubs based in Lancashire. There's plenty of them to choose from and handy for their coaching team to keep an eye on his progress. I'll guess at Blackpool

And yet nothing from you. Obsessed much?

Ramsay will have a big career. Whether he's in the Liverpool match day squad right away or loaned out doesn't matter much. He's got loads of talent and will make it there eventually. 

His ability to create chances for his side is something not many fullbacks have. It's obvious why one of the best teams in the world see potential in him. 

It's a sad reflection on modern football that teams at our level get one season out of our top class young players before some mega-rich team comes in and takes them. 

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Agreed. The fact these big clubs can spend £5M or so and say 'It's only £5M, it's worth the risk' I dont think I actually ever got to see Ryan Fraser play for us. 

I think I saw most of them. I mind 1 in particular he gave that big carthorse Tokely a fucking roasting. Tokely just resorted to halving him by the end of it. Fraser, to his credit, was a hardy wee bastard and just jumped up right away after every foul. 

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He was immense. Shame it was only 6 months and we made such a cunt of his contract situation. Hates couldn’t get near the team 

As I remember,  he roasted a few full backs, but didn't score a goal or even get an assist.

Just goes to show how meaningless a lot of the stats that get bandied about are.

15 minutes ago, NEM said:

Surely not - according to @Big Hat Logan we were just going to have to accept whatever Liverpool offered and that was that

Exactly, Liverpool seem to think we'll just accept whatever buttons they offer. They wouldn't blink about taking a chance and paying double that for someone playing in England or abroad

And quite rightly too. Get a fair and honest sum for Ramsay, Liverpool can afford it, £8 million if that figure is true it's buttons in that league.

Ramsay has all the attributes to succeed so we should play hardball. Leeds and Newcastle are also supposed to be monitoring the situation so Liverpool also need to careful. 

I know a few disagree however if Sevco can get what they did for Patterson there is absolutely no way we're being unrealistic wanting £8m for Ramsay. 

Figures are being branded about all over the shop ranging from £4m-£10m depending on what article you read.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3