Calvin Ramsay

Looks like it'll be sorted sooner rather than later. Just a matter of the fee. 

With the amount we want there's definitely a scenario where we can agree with them. We're splitting hairs over a few million, not tens of millions. They'll pay, I think. 

Shame we never got to see more of him but good luck to the guy as he's technically the best player we've produced since maybe Jess? 

It’s a no brainier for Liverpool as they know that even if he fails to get a regular game for them they can easily sell him on for decent enough profit (certainly no loss) just as they are with the other RB that has failed to establish himself. 

Regardless we need to be unmoving on our upfront fee especially. 

7 hours ago, CCB III said:

With the amount we want there's definitely a scenario where we can agree with them. We're splitting hairs over a few million, not tens of millions. They'll pay, I think. 

Shame we never got to see more of him but good luck to the guy as he's technically the best player we've produced since maybe Jess? 

Since the plooky rat Fraser I’d say 

10 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

Coming from the boy that told us that one of Europes top bettors told him to stay at home with Mummy

That's not what I said but if you want to pretend then feel free, just you stick to picking up your wee dogs shite and hating every second of your life as every cunt in your house despises you.

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, CCB III said:

Without wanting to appear a pedant isn’t the fee the main stumbling block and the only thing of concern to Aberdeen rather than Ramsay agreeing wages which was never going to have been a problem for him and something quite frankly I don’t give a flying fuck about.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, CCB III said:

Not even on the same planet as Jess.

Yet.

1 hour ago, Reed or deed said:

Yet.

He’s a completely different type player who left us to join a team battling relegation. I don’t think it can be understated that he’s going to join 1 of the best teams in the world. His form may of dipped, and need to work on his defensive side of game but technically he is absolutely superb for his age. Hope he plays enough next season to continue his development as he could end up being 1 hell of a player. 

Remember we only see and pass conjecture on what we know.  I doubt very much that it’s only Liverpool talking to us about him, and for all we know there could be several interested clubs in the background driving a bidding war.   All clubs use the same stats and most have done their homework, let’s wait and see…

• Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Ooft, the obsession continues.

Have we sold him for more than expected then? When did he sign for them?

He's not signed for them because we've not accepted their offer which you claimed we'd have no choice in doing.

26 minutes ago, slippers said:

Surley its not hard to understand that certain people are more credible than others and they often have alot of followers. 

The range of values across all the different media would suggest that there's a lot of guesswork going on. 

As well as others copying other unofficial sources for their own ends. 

5 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Without wanting to appear a pedant isn’t the fee the main stumbling block and the only thing of concern to Aberdeen rather than Ramsay agreeing wages which was never going to have been a problem for him and something quite frankly I don’t give a flying fuck about.

Of course the fee is the main stumbling block. I'm saying it won't prove much of one because we're splitting hairs over like 1/100th of their monthly wage bill probs. 

4 hours ago, Reed or deed said:

Yet.

True , but completely different types of players.

However, I think Ramsay is a fair bit short of the level or quality of two more similar players who came through our ranks  about the same time as Jess. And I'm talking about when they had about a season with the first team under their belt.

David Robertson and Stephen Wright.