Calvin Ramsay

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Course we've got a clue on the rough value of players. 

If Patterson went for 12 million plus add ons, does that mean he's 3 times the player of Ramsay? 

I understand it's not as simple as that, but 4 million feels short. 

Yeah it’s not as simple as that. The Ramsay fee is our highest ever sale, by miles. 2nd and 3rd added together doesn’t reach the same number as Ramsay alone has went for.

- We get record sale and an unbelievable boost for the club on a player who came through the academy.

- Ramsay gets a dream move to one of the best teams on the planet and working under one of, if not, the best manager on the planet.

- Liverpool get the player they wanted as an understudy to TAA.

Superb deal for all parties involved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Just now, DelMonte said:

Yeah it’s not as simple as that. The Ramsay fee is our highest ever sale, by miles. 2nd and 3rd added together doesn’t reach the same number as Ramsay alone has went for.

- We get record sale and an unbelievable boost for the club on a player who came through the academy.

- Ramsay gets a dream move to one of the best teams on the planet and working under one of, if not, the best manager manager on the planet.

I dont believe it... something that actually makes sense and that i can agree with.

If its £4.5 million + £3.5 million add ons + 20% sell on clause as the EE are reporting then its actually a very, very good deal.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Course we've got a clue on the rough value of players. 

If Patterson went for 12 million plus add ons, does that mean he's 3 times the player of Ramsay? 

I understand it's not as simple as that, but 4 million feels short. 

Agree with what you're saying but the bit in bold didn't happen

15 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Useless bastards.

I said earlier that there is a critical balance where we don’t want to lose the deal but £4m plus potentially £2.5 is not it.

Fucking peanuts for Liverpool. English fitba can fuck right off

This what fucks me off about it all. They Wouldn’t think twice about signing some unheard of youngster from an English club for 3 or 4 times that amount. Hull initially bid £800k for McKenna showing the utter contempt they treat us Scottish folks with. Mon independence. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Reporting a 20% sell on too. Hope it's true, sounds a lot more tasty.

20% of any profit?

Mystic sooth_stander. I predict he’ll do all right at Liverpool but won’t quite reach the levels they were hoping for, and moves onto the likes  of Norwich in 3 or so years for £12m. Still a wee nest egg for us.

6 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

This what fucks me off about it all. They Wouldn’t think twice about signing some unheard of youngster from an English club for 3 or 4 times that amount. Hull initially bid £800k for McKenna showing the utter contempt they treat us Scottish folks with. Mon independence. 

To be fair Liverpool actually would think twice about that. 

If we were selling to Man City, United or just about any other side in that league I'd see the point. 

Liverpool are particular about their business. The guy they've just bought from Fulham was only 5 mill and he's a quality player. 

14 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

- Ramsay gets a dream move to one of the best teams on the planet and working under one of, if not, the best manager on the planet.

But surely you understand why people feel the club is being slightly shortchanged when you consider the grotesque amount of money getting flung about down there?

2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

But surely you understand why people feel the club is being slightly shortchanged when you consider the grotesque amount of money getting flung about down there?

Not really because that’s the way it works. Why do Fulham get a bigger fee for players than us for example? Because they have more money. Same with Patterson leaving Rangers. 

Just sold a player for potentially 8 fucking million and people are moaning about the fee. 

Edit: Fulham a bad example since they’ve just signed from there. You get my point. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yeah but the financial people at the club will have got the money they wanted and what Liverpool were willing to pay. Literally discussing things that none of us have any clue at all about. 

Gtf, are you implying that folk here spout uninformed information and with no knowledge of the inner workings of the club, 

I'm nae having that, !!!

• Haha 1

Good deal for the club, and a great move for the boy.  Remember, he is still just a boy with alot to learn, and he'll now go in and train (and hopefully play) in a squad full of world-class players.

Perspective; I think this is a record transfer fee for a Scottish teenager, one who is still fairly untested at a higher level (Europe/Internationals).  A good deal for all involved.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Good deal for the club, and a great move for the boy.  Remember, he is still just a boy with alot to learn, and he'll now go in and train (and hopefully play) in a squad full of world-class players.

Perspective; I think this is a record transfer fee for a Scottish teenager, one who is still fairly untested at a higher level (Europe/Internationals).  A good deal for all involved.

Agree totally. We can bitch about the fee as much as we want but it’s the law of the jungle, and the same law that allows us to pinch players from our lower leagues, and abroad, for relative sweeties.

£4.5m with £3m add on's and 20% sell-on according to the BBC. Sky going with £4m + £2.5m. ? The figures being reported now that a deal's been agreed are as random as they've been in the build up.

Let's hope no matter what the numbers, this results in a little more in the way of speculation around who we're signing and not who we're selling.

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It’s all about potential with Ramsay. He is not that good a defender and nobody knows how he will progress. There didn’t appear to be a group of clubs chasing him so maybe this is the best deal we could get.

If we end up getting the add ons, it’s not as bad as some are saying.

Yep. I loved watching him, but he’s miles away from being the finished article. Looked incredible in a system where glass was giving full backs freedom to bomb forward… but later in the year, when we changed shape and went more conservative, he struggled defensively. Had a few niggly injuries too… hopefully he’ll grow out of them.

Could still go either way for Ramsay… could be lifting the European cup in a couple of years… or could end up down the road at accrington Stanley!

good luck to him though… if he does well we get money and good for our youth system reputation. Also love to see a local lad doing well (unless it turns out he’s a hun).

• Upvote 2

£3m + £1m for McKenna

£2m for Cosgrove (?)

£4-£4.5m + £2-2.5m for Ramsay

Typical AFC. £10m in transfer fees that happens to coincide with the black hole caused by Covid and our only shitshow of a season in the last decade or so.

Good luck to Ramsay though. Life changing for him.

18 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

hopefully this a good sign of how well the youth setup is now

good times ahead

Ramsay to Liverpool, McKenna to Forest, McLean to Norwich, with strong interest in Ferguson & Barron too. This bodes well for the future. Whether you're a young lad at the start of your career or a target we're looking to bring in, you can have confidence that doing well at AFC will serve as a pathway to bigger things.

Hell, we even managed to turn Cosgrove into a seven figure man.

• Upvote 3
  • Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

It’s all about potential with Ramsay. He is not that good a defender and nobody knows how he will progress. There didn’t appear to be a group of clubs chasing him so maybe this is the best deal we could get.

If we end up getting the add ons, it’s not as bad as some are saying.

^^^this.

Potential.

Done well in some games but often out injured.

BBC reporting £4.5m plus potential add-ons of £3m and a 20% selling on fee.

Good luck to the lad - a move he clearly couldn't turn down.

I hope he does very well and that turns into more dosh for the Dons.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Ramsay to Liverpool, McKenna to Forest, McLean to Norwich, with strong interest in Ferguson & Barron too. This bodes well for the future. Whether you're a young lad at the start of your career or a target we're looking to bring in, you can have confidence that doing well at AFC will serve as a pathway to bigger things.

Hopefully we can keep hold of Connor Barron for at least another couple of seasons so that we can reap the rewards of this fine talent.

We've had the best (of what we can) out of Lewis Ferguson, so any reasonable offer for him should be seriously considered. There still seems to be untapped potential in him but it won't be on display in an Aberdeen shirt I'm afraid.