Calvin Ramsay

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If you read underneath the headline, It’s £4m up front.

The £2.5m is in add ons if they’re met. 

Yeah the BBC article seems quite specific with the £4.2m up front and 17.5% sell on. 

Either the journo is slightly more creative than their usual bunch or they've got a handle on the numbers. 

4.2m (if it's that) plus add ons, is a pretty good pay day for us. Yes, Calvin has the swagger, the tekkers and the build, to be a very good player as he progresses, but I'm sure most of us willl agree, his engine was often empty after 60 mins and he's a long way to go to build up that aerobic capacity..... I suspect he'll adapt, but it's a gamble for Liverpool, albeit, 4.2m for them is not a lot of cash.

As a keen follower of Liverpool, I'm really hoping he gets some game time, even if just the cups as an understudy to Trent. Klopp hasn't been afraid to blood his younger players, so you never know. I'm sure he'll flourish and Robbo will be a good guiding light for him being the only other Scot in the squad.

For us, we now - at long last - have a proven model of not only developing good young players, but selling them on for decent money. Something the likes of Hibs and Hearts were beating us to the punch on for many a year. We need to keep this going though. It's the only way to make money. We need to be selling players on to the tune of 5m each season, even if that means letting our better players go. I know that's Cormack's model and I equally know it's easier said than done.

Anyway, all the best Calvin.... hopefully get to see you at Anfield some time soon. Once a Don.... always a Don.

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

4.2m (if it's that) plus add ons, is a pretty good pay day for us. Yes, Calvin has the swagger, the tekkers and the build, to be a very good player as he progresses, but I'm sure most of us willl agree, his engine was often empty after 60 mins and he's a long way to go to build up that aerobic capacity..... I suspect he'll adapt, but it's a gamble for Liverpool, albeit, 4.2m for them is not a lot of cash.

As a keen follower of Liverpool, I'm really hoping he gets some game time, even if just the cups as an understudy to Trent. Klopp hasn't been afraid to blood his younger players, so you never know. I'm sure he'll flourish and Robbo will be a good guiding light for him being the only other Scot in the squad.

For us, we now - at long last - have a proven model of not only developing good young players, but selling them on for decent money. Something the likes of Hibs and Hearts were beating us to the punch on for many a year. We need to keep this going though. It's the only way to make money. We need to be selling players on to the tune of 5m each season, even if that means letting our better players go. I know that's Cormack's model and I equally know it's easier said than done.

Anyway, all the best Calvin.... hopefully get to see you at Anfield some time soon. Once a Don.... always a Don.

Come away ?

Guest milne_afc

That’s probably the best move any Dons player has ever made. Good luck to the kid. I’m sure his Da was ManYoo bitd.

Gunner will be enjoying his slice of £6.5m - well deserved too.

14 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

A keen follower of Liverpool ?

• Upvote 2