Calvin Ramsay

I don't really watch English football. If Alexander-Arnold doesn't play, who's been playing in that position? I know that Neco Williams was supposed to be his back up but he was at Fulham since January so I assume they had other options at right back even if it was someone playing out of position. 

I guess what I'm asking is can Ramsay reasonably expect to play first team games if Alexander-Arnold is not available for whatever reason. 

Guest milne_afc

TAA will be rested after the WC too. Rammerz will get game time against the bottom half dross in the EPL. I’d say 10 apps minimum + cup games.

5 subs for this season too?

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Almost certain that Ramsay will play a few prem games, 10+ at a minimum. 

Quite fancy Ramsay to get some game time too. His attacking instincts will fit well with Liverpool and his defensive frailties as well as being worked on, won't be exposed in the same way they would had he ended up at the likes of Leeds. As he'll have a couple of world class centre backs and a world class goalie alongside him.

1 minute ago, TheRock said:

I guess what I'm asking is can Ramsay reasonably expect to play first team games if Alexander-Arnold is not available for whatever reason. 

He's going to have to up his game quickly if he's going to get game time in the league this season. 

He looked out of his depth defensively in some of our games let alone that level. 

Bit part role this season I reckon. Getting to grips with upping his level physically and with better players in training will be a big enough ask to start with. 

All the best for the lad, a chance of life changing money, and to play for one of the biggest clubs in Europe,  as Aberdeen fans we should be welcoming this opportunity for him and unlike certain other players who have left recently he goes with our best wishes, he owes us nothing and hope someday we see him back gracing the pitch

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I reckon the sell-on isn't as good as we think. There is a fair chance he'll not get the game time at Liverpool and unless he's playing the sell-on means nothing. If he signed for a Leeds got plenty of game time and performed well the 17.5% sell on would have been more appealing. I would've preferred a bigger upfront payment and reduce the sell-on %. 

If he's performing well at Liverpool are they really going to sell him? 

We'll see like but they are away to sell a fullback only epl fanboys will have heard of and its between £10m and £15m.

I think we'll be good for our £6m. If he makes it then the add ons kick in. If he doesnt make it he's gonna have been developed enough to be sold to a championship club for £10m.

He's not Sam Cosgrove who literally will be playing part time before he's retired

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, TheRock said:

I don't really watch English football. If Alexander-Arnold doesn't play, who's been playing in that position? I know that Neco Williams was supposed to be his back up but he was at Fulham since January so I assume they had other options at right back even if it was someone playing out of position. 

Joe gomez has played rb but is a centre half to trade. Failing that it's been Milner.

He'll get decent game time this season. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’m sure I just seen on LinkedIn that Willo Flood is Calvin Ramsay’s agent or he’s part of the same agency. I wonder how much commission would be on this transfer?

Fuck me, who'd employ that thick cunt to represent them? ?

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Said a few days back, just don't think he's anywhere near ready to play in EPL. Loaned out to the Championship for the season to 

a) Improve his stamina

b) Improve his defensive deficiencies

is my thinking

I think he'll get to be in the first team squad obviously missing out on the EPL 18 match squad a lot of the time but still picking up enough games here and there probably more often in the champions league, league cup and fa cup

27 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Said a few days back, just don't think he's anywhere near ready to play in EPL. Loaned out to the Championship for the season to 

a) Improve his stamina

b) Improve his defensive deficiencies

is my thinking

Klopp ruled out putting him on loan. 

Do you know his weekly salary? ?

7 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I reckon the sell-on isn't as good as we think. There is a fair chance he'll not get the game time at Liverpool and unless he's playing the sell-on means nothing. If he signed for a Leeds got plenty of game time and performed well the 17.5% sell on would have been more appealing. I would've preferred a bigger upfront payment and reduce the sell-on %. 

If he's performing well at Liverpool are they really going to sell him? 

It's all conjecture though, Until we know what the add on's are it's all guess work. I'd say it'll relate to international caps, minimum games played, league title won maybe? But as i just said, Purely guesswork

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

We'll see like but they are away to sell a fullback only epl fanboys will have heard of and its between £10m and £15m.

I think we'll be good for our £6m. If he makes it then the add ons kick in. If he doesnt make it he's gonna have been developed enough to be sold to a championship club for £10m.

He's not Sam Cosgrove who literally will be playing part time before he's retired

Solanke to Bournemouth for 20m. Brewster to Sheff Utd for 17m i think?
Even the fringe players tend to go for big money... Thats the fallback for us i suppose because i think he' carve out a decent career at a top club regardless if it's Liverpool or not

6 hours ago, TheRock said:

They had Joe Gomez playing on the right when TAA was rested / injured, think Milner might have played there aswell. Both not natural fullbacks so he might get his chance this season