Calvin Ramsay

9 hours ago, pocrawred said:

What is a 'transfer dossier'?

I'm sure lots of clubs have watched him but this article is prefaced by "Sunsport understands" which normally means the journo has just made it up.

And what a shit journo he is.  My 10 year old could have put together a better article than that

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

£10 million and an 18 month loan back or fuck off should be the clubs response to any queries. 

Hopefully we get him tied up on a new extended deal asap

They were speaking to him towards end of last season about extending his deal. I can't but help think that he'll be off at end of season, if not before, 1k a week or whatever terrible deal we can offer, or god knows what he'll be offered by english teams. No brainer.

55 minutes ago, NEM said:

£10 million and an 18 month loan back or fuck off should be the clubs response to any queries. 

Hopefully we get him tied up on a new extended deal asap

Why only £10m? It’s not only Sevco or Celtic players that can go for over £20m.

We should be looking to shatter the Scottish transfer record, IF he leaves.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Why only £10m? It’s not only Sevco or Celtic players that can go for over £20m.

We should be looking to shatter the Scottish transfer record, IF he leaves.

Yes, £25m for a right back who's played about 15 first team games...

The big difference is Old Firm players have been used to playing in front of bigger crowds, have more european experience, and get international caps sooner and easier. They are also getting paid more on their current contracts. I suppose those things do legitimately bump up a players value a bit. However, most of those who have gone for big money from Old Firm clubs (and other clubs in Scotland) have got a lot more games under their belt. 

I'd honestly be amazed if anyone offered more than £5m for him at this stage (that's still a staggering amount of money) - English clubs are willing to splodge £5m about on youngsters with little experience, but I can't see anyone offering £10m or anything crazy like that for a guy who's getting paid probably no more than a couple hundred quid a week at the moment.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yes, £25m for a right back who's played about 15 first team games...

The big difference is Old Firm players have been used to playing in front of bigger crowds, have more european experience, and get international caps sooner and easier. They are also getting paid more on their current contracts. I suppose those things do legitimately bump up a players value a bit. However, most of those who have gone for big money from Old Firm clubs (and other clubs in Scotland) have got a lot more games under their belt. 

I'd honestly be amazed if anyone offered more than £5m for him at this stage (that's still a staggering amount of money) - English clubs are willing to splodge £5m about on youngsters with little experience, but I can't see anyone offering £10m or anything crazy like that for a guy who's getting paid probably no more than a couple hundred quid a week at the moment.

I’m not suggesting we sell him now. I’m suggesting we do so in few years time once he’s got over 100 games under his belt and 5 or so international caps.

Then, £25m is entirely possible 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Forget the reported fee (which I agree may be inflated), were Everton interested? and if so why isn't Man Utd interested in Patterson if he's supposedly the better RB (I don't agree with that sentiment)

Maybe the Man United story is made up as well.   Maybe a Manchester United scout was at the game and the reporter has embellished this into them being' ready to bid'

Who knows?  But believing newspaper stories without direct quotes is a fool's errand most of the time. 

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe the Man United story is made up as well.   Maybe a Manchester United scout was at the game and the reporter has embellished this into them being' ready to bid'

Who knows?  But believing newspaper stories without direct quotes is a fool's errand most of the time. 

You’re nae getting the sarcastic point I was making