Calvin Ramsay

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Some journo (Phil Gordon) has had a pop at Ramsay on twitter for shouting at Kyogo

Looks like he was quickly called out and deleted the tweet. 

The incident where the wee Jap dived and Ramsay tried to pick him up ?  Two seconds later Kyogo was running down the wing like he was chasing whale meat on a scooter. 

• Haha 2
Guest milne_afc

Deleting a tweet doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. What have AFC done to protect their player?

They should be trying to bankrupt the cunt.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Norwich in for our Cal. Reported to be making a bid in January......£30 million for starters canary lads.

Good club Norwich great home and away support,  one club town a mirror image of the Dons . 

However I don't think they could afford him especially when a bidding war starts 

Obviously don't want him to go needs a couple of seasons yet with us to see if he can maintain his form. 

New improved contract required  

3 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Good club Norwich great home and away support,  one club town a mirror image of the Dons . 

However I don't think they could afford him especially when a bidding war starts 

Obviously don't want him to go needs a couple of seasons yet with us to see if he can maintain his form. 

New improved contract required  

Norwich can definitely afford him. Celtic lost a player to Brentford ffs!

35 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We only need to be selling one of Ferguson or Ramsay this season so bad luck to Lewis if the money for Ramsay is so good that he jumps the queue.

However I don't think he will jump the queue.

Would far rather see Ferguson go - canna see Ramsay downing tools like that hun prick has if he doesn’t get a move. Probably a few years too early for him anyway. Hopefully we can get him signed up a bit longer term 

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

There was a lot of talk about us losing him next summer.  I said at the time, we'll be lucky if he's here after christmas.

I'll not post the link, but I see the Record are doing their bit to whip things up, with that article they posted yesterday.

The kind of piece you'd normally read about some young player from celtic or the rangers. I found it unusual for the paper to be bigging up one of our players tbh

1 hour ago, thedandydon said:

Norwich City are considering a January transfer bid for Aberdeen's Calvin Ramsay, but Manchester United are also keen on the 18-year-old right-back and Leicester City are among the other Premier League clubs tracking the Scotland Under-21 international

Plenty suitors for oor Calvin it would seem.

Man Utd we’re previously linked with the Norwich RB Max Aarons 

could this be a potential line up of dominoes?

4 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

5 mill and I think we would bite 

Would be gutted to see him go for only 5 million. Personally I would like to see him sign an improved offer and continue getting game time and developing with us. 

He is about the only entertaining player we have at the moment and although good, he has a lot still to learn in his game. 

Big money move will come in time.

3 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

Would be gutted to see him go for only 5 million. Personally I would like to see him sign an improved offer and continue getting game time and developing with us. 

He is about the only entertaining player we have at the moment and although good, he has a lot still to learn in his game. 

I agree he's probably worth more, but because of the size of club we are, because he's only played like 25 games, and because we have a really high wage bill, I just think the powers that he would snap a hand off for 5 million with a loan back. 

7 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

You think if we were to offer a new contract that his agent wouldn't insist on a release clause then? I'm certain that would happen and that he'd probably insist on that release clause being for £3 million.....maybe even less.

Sadly we have to accept that the loon is far too good for us, and that he won't be with us too much longer. We will get more for him as it is now.....I totally agree with Consi Can Boogie1903 that we will take £5 million for him and if we can wangle a short term loan back for 6 months into the bargain then we will have done well. 

If he was with one of the arse cheeks he would go for double that.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

You think if we were to offer a new contract that his agent wouldn't insist on a release clause then? I'm certain that would happen and that he'd probably insist on that release clause being for £3 million.....maybe even less.

Sadly we have to accept that the loon is far too good for us, and that he won't be with us too much longer. We will get more for him as it is now.....I totally agree with Consi Can Boogie1903 that we will take £5 million for him and if we can wangle a short term loan back for 6 months into the bargain then we will have done well. 

If he was with one of the arse cheeks he would go for double that.

Sadly I think you and Consi are both right. Maybe I am a bit nieve hoping he has good advisors around him putting his career ahead of financial gains at this point in his young career. 

£5m with add on/sell on clauses & a loan back would be a pretty acceptable deal all things considered (especially his potential, as this lad will easily be as big as Robertson/Tierney) but that would be an absolute minimum I think we could accept & not be seen to be bending over & making us look like a diddy club that can easily be bought on cheap. Could be very damaging to us in future if we buckle on this & lose him on cheap.

Incidentally, I see St Mirren are offering McGrath to be the highest earner ever