Calvin Ramsay

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

You think if we were to offer a new contract that his agent wouldn't insist on a release clause then? I'm certain that would happen and that he'd probably insist on that release clause being for £3 million.....maybe even less.

Sadly we have to accept that the loon is far too good for us, and that he won't be with us too much longer. We will get more for him as it is now.....I totally agree with Consi Can Boogie1903 that we will take £5 million for him and if we can wangle a short term loan back for 6 months into the bargain then we will have done well. 

If he was with one of the arse cheeks he would go for double that.

Sadly I think you and Consi are both right. Maybe I am a bit nieve hoping he has good advisors around him putting his career ahead of financial gains at this point in his young career. 

£5m with add on/sell on clauses & a loan back would be a pretty acceptable deal all things considered (especially his potential, as this lad will easily be as big as Robertson/Tierney) but that would be an absolute minimum I think we could accept & not be seen to be bending over & making us look like a diddy club that can easily be bought on cheap. Could be very damaging to us in future if we buckle on this & lose him on cheap.

Incidentally, I see St Mirren are offering McGrath to be the highest earner ever 

20 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Be amazed if he doesn't go in January with all the interest. Nae doubt for an "undisclosed fee" so the club can pretend to the fans they got more, but in reality we have bent over at £3m odd. 

Surely £3M is not enough.

Only way I’d accept an initial £3M would be if there was a significant sell on percentage (25%), further add-ons for appearances / Scottish caps to bring it up to the £5M and he was loaned back to us for at least 6 months

10 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Surely £3M is not enough.

Only way I’d accept an initial £3M would be if there was a significant sell on percentage (25%), further add-ons for appearances / Scottish caps to bring it up to the £5M and he was loaned back to us for at least 6 months

He's not on a long term contract so i think £3m would be realistic. Agree about the add ons.

2 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

if he played for the tims or huns it would be £20m

It's a mystery how a player goes to Rangers or Celtic and the value gets pumped up and they are automatically a Scotland pick and clubs from the championship seem to get the old firm prices too.  

Positive thing about the current Scotland manager is that he consistently looks to pick players outwith the old firm for the first time in over 20 years, can only be good for the reputation of our top flight for players.

How much of it is to do with the propaganda they get in the red tops?  Tell a lie often enough and people believe it.  Morelos is touted for €20m regularly but Cosgrove went for a fraction, despite Cozzers banging in as many goals... and I recently read that Turnbull is worth €15m!  

He's competent but not €15m.  

The media in the central belt does nothing to show off the game from the BBC TV and website, to the national papers.  

I've never understood why the p&j being one of Scotland's most bought papers and having the largest geographical area of any regional paper in Europe, isn't regarded as a national yet the Glasgow Herald and the Daily Glasgow Record are.