Calvin Ramsay

Fantastic performance. He's looked brilliant in the first three games of the season.

Delighted with how well he's doing.

Mackenzie is looking like he could also be developed in to a player for us.

I was negative in the summer about going with the two young full backs but i think we'll be looking good to do that before too long.

22 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I can see English clubs being interested in Calvin sooner rather than later.

The spin and turn that left Mark Reynolds in a different postcode and the subsequent cross to Ramirez's head was superb.

Reynolds didnt know where to look after getting megged. Looked to his right first then tried chasing Calvin down.... Eh no!! ??

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Ramsay has the ability to go very far in this football world. The lad definitely has something about him. Hope we have him tied down on a decent contract. Other teams will be taking notice of him already.

Come on RJ  you know he’s signed an extension till 2024 ( jan 2021)

3 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I can see English clubs being interested in Calvin sooner rather than later.

The spin and turn that left Mark Reynolds in a different postcode and the subsequent cross to Ramirez's head was superb.

Delighted for Calvin Ramsay today.The spin turn and dummy to flummox Mark Reynolds was exquisite in itself alone.That Calvin then had the composure to  put in a perfect cross for Christian Ramirez to head home was the icing on the 18th birthday weekend plate !  A real talent.

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Is MacKenzie really as average (or getting less credit) as a few seem to think? Or are some being a little over critical by comparing him to Ramsay who seems to be doing fantastic & a lot better than expected?

Would be a dream if we had to new great FB’s breaking through but chances are we will get one real decent & (hopefully at worst) a reasonable one also. 

Willing to give MacKenzie fair time & judgement without comparing him to Ramsay. 

Not seeing much of Gurr yet. Surprising after all the raving Glass done about him. No surprise Ramsay keeping him out tbf given what he’s shown so far but can Gurr not play Right mid/wing also? Thought Glass mentioned that. Wonder if he can play LB also to keep MacKenzie on his toes & to definitely prevent need for wasting Hayes back there

MacKenzie did well yesterday I thought.  Lets see how he develops over the coming months... looks a better option at left back than Hayes was last season.  Thought he got forward well too... doesn't have the same quality that Ramsay has, but there is something there to work with I think.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Come on RJ  you know he’s signed an extension till 2024 ( jan 2021)

I wasn’t sure how long it was for. Looks a very decent player. The young lad MacKenzie on the other side should keep his place for the next match also. Needs to try and get balls whipped into the opposition box to take his game up a notch but he is doing the basics well at the moment.

We'll get Ramsay on a new contract easily.

He's contracted to summer 2024 and its only his second contract so he'll be on a low wage so not hard to negotiate.

The club showed with McKenna when he got two new contracts within one year that they know what they are doing on this nowadays.

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Well, if they do splash 10 million on Doig we can still throw in Ojo. 

Here is a question for anyone to answer regarding Ojo….If we had just signed this guy and we’re judging him on his 3 performances so far, would you be reasonably happy with what he is producing on the pitch? 

I was extremely critical of him when we originally signed him as he looked completely lost on the pitch under McInnes. Supposedly he is the player that is catching the eyes of the coaching staff. He is showing up very well in training and is surprising everyone at how much ability he has. I want to give him a couple of more matches under Glass to see if this transformation is genuinely for real but he will need to start looking like a professional footballer when it comes to shooting. I have a 9 year old son who could cause more problems in front of goal than him.

1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

Here is a question for anyone to answer regarding Ojo….If we had just signed this guy and we’re judging him on his 3 performances so far, would you be reasonably happy with what he is producing on the pitch? 

I was extremely critical of him when we originally signed him as he looked completely lost on the pitch under McInnes. Supposedly he is the player that is catching the eyes of the coaching staff. He is showing up very well in training and is surprising everyone at how much ability he has. I want to give him a couple of more matches under Glass to see if this transformation is genuinely for real but he will need to start looking like a professional footballer when it comes to shooting. I have a 9 year old son who could cause more problems in front of goal than him.

Ojo looks absolutely fine this season. He'll be a fine stop gap until Glass gets all the players in that he wants.

It looks a stick on Ojo will be here for a while yet.

The shoogliest pegs currently reserved for Kennedy, McGeouch and Virtanen. 

2 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Why can't some of you just enjoy that the kid is ours,and stop harping on how much bucks we're going to get for him.

Personally hope he's here for years.

Aye. The boy is just in the team and there's already debates on here about how much we should accept. 

Some folk are more interested in what happens in the boardroom than they are about what happens on the park. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Ojo looks absolutely fine this season. He'll be a fine stop gap until Glass gets all the players in that he wants.

It looks a stick on Ojo will be here for a while yet.

The shoogliest pegs currently reserved for Kennedy, McGeouch and Virtanen. 

Kennedy is obviously getting shoved closer to the door. McGeouch played a bit yesterday and will probably continue as a squad player at best. The lad Virtanen….can’t say I know much about him at all, so that says it all. 

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Some here have a weird agenda concerning Ojo. They will just never warm to him despite the recent positive performances. Racist iyam. 

You think running around like a headless chicken then shitting his pants and fucking it up every time he finds himself in an advanced position is positive?

That's just weird min.

As for those last 2* words.

Oh dear.

Never mind.

*Well 1 actual word and 1 awful dumbed down society acronym.