Calvin Ramsay

3 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

My sources reckon personal terms wi Spurs to be sorted on Zoom the morn. If that gets done the bid will go in. Canna mind if there was a loan back bit as I was pished.

Since when do contracted players agree personal terms before the clubs agree a fee? I’m calling bullshit 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Since when do contracted players agree personal terms before the clubs agree a fee? I’m calling bullshit 

Surely you're not that naive? 

Especially in an instance where the player is very much in the shop window. 

Not to say the original poster has correct info but players agree stuff all the time before a move. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Aye I’m not claiming it doesn’t happen but they don’t go making it public knowledge telling steamers in the pub ? - he’d be in breach of contract for a start. 

Bit pointless as well, the dons could tell spurs to get fucked with their offer 

There would be no need for it either, as I'm pretty sure Spurs wouldnt struggle to get terms agreed with an 18 year old Aberdonian once a bid had been accepted. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

There would be no need for it either, as I'm pretty sure Spurs wouldnt struggle to get terms agreed with an 18 year old Aberdonian once a bid had been accepted. 

Exactly. Let’s just say for arguments sake they offer him £10k a week - relative peanuts for them, huge money for an 18 year old loon 

4 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

The impression I got from my mole was the deal was done between clubs and it was just up to the player/Agent Willo and Buyer to agree terms. If that breaks down I suppose it's back to the auction scenario, which is good for AFC.

Your "source" is talking bollocks, he's going nowhere, wants to stay here, still lives with his folks, happy where he is. Why make stuff up??

21 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Your "source" is talking bollocks, he's going nowhere, wants to stay here, still lives with his folks, happy where he is. Why make stuff up??

If Liverpool, Man United, Newcastle, and Spurs (not to mention Leeds and Frankfurt) are all interested then you'd have to think there'd be massive pressure on the club to get paid while the getting's good. 

And with the title 'Wonderkid' being freely bandied around, now is the time to cash in on the hype. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

If Liverpool, Man United, Newcastle, and Spurs (not to mention Leeds and Frankfurt) are all interested then you'd have to think there'd be massive pressure on the club to get paid while the getting's good. 

And with the title 'Wonderkid' being freely bandied around, now is the time to cash in on the hype. 

It isn’t hype though 

37 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

It isn’t hype though 

I'm referencing definition 2, rather than 1. 

hype

noun (2)

Definition of hype (Entry 4 of 5)

1: DECEPTION, PUT-ON

2: PUBLICITY especially : promotional publicity of an extravagant or contrived kind all the hype before the boxing match

I'm not suggesting he isn't a very, very good footballer... I'm saying we should cash in on the fact that, right now, his value (for us) is in selling him while he's high profile. 

2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I'm referencing definition 2, rather than 1. 

hype

noun (2)

Definition of hype (Entry 4 of 5)

1: DECEPTION, PUT-ON

2: PUBLICITY especially : promotional publicity of an extravagant or contrived kind all the hype before the boxing match

I'm not suggesting he isn't a very, very good footballer... I'm saying we should cash in on the fact that, right now, his value (for us) is in selling him while he's high profile. 

But your view means you believe it is hype (whichever version)  & we should cash in now as his value will decrease if not. 
bird in hand type fear of loss rather than faith. 
That is fair enough of that is your view but I am more inclined to gamble on faith & do not view Ramsay as ‘hyped’ in any way. I view him as the best prospect we have had in decades. Including the likes of Fraser etc. My only fear is his agent being as big a cunt as Fraser’s dad

1 hour ago, Dandyesque said:

He was off the pace a bit, but still showed some nice touches. The scouts (of the biggest teams at least) were there to see potential, not a complete player.  If they'd been paying attention,  they'd have known he wasn't 100% fit.

I don't think he did himself any harm at all.

Exactly. If he was the complete player they would have no need to send scouts at all. They would know all they need. 

Even at £6m + with add ons. Loan back etc. Now,  he is a minimalist risk to the kind of clubs that are interested in him.

I believe a deal will be done with a club by this time next week & we will still have him for remainder of season. Just hope Cormack isn’t to desperate to cash in on a shit fee

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/3867531/confirmed-aberdeens-calvin-ramsay-worlds-best-teenage-defender-with-assists/

Aberdeen right-back Calvin Ramsay has posted the most assists of any teenage defender in world football this season.

The 18-year-old is beating every teenage stopper in every division across the globe for assists, according to football stats website Transfrmarkt.

Right-back Ramsay has also registered the fourth highest number of assists of any teen in any position across every league in world football.

Of teenagers in all positions across world football only three have more assists than the Pittodrie teen:

• £60m rated Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Florian Wirtz,
  • £25m valued Sparta Prague striker Adam Hlozek
  • £100m rated Borussia Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham

Ramsay has more assists this season than £25m valued Real Madrid teen target Arsen Zakharyan, the Dynamo Moscow attacking midfielder.

English big guns watch Ramsay

Manchester United were one of five English Premier League clubs running the rule over Ramsay in the 1-1 draw with Rangers.

The Old Trafford club, Tottenham, Leeds United, Leicester City and Southampton all had scouts at Pittodrie watching Ramsay on Tuesday.

It was the latest development in what could accelerate into a bidding war for one of the hottest young talents in European football.

18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Kinda is though

He still can't last 90 mins and has been pretty dodgy since returning

He has fantastic potential, but that's it

That's not true, he's played the full 90mins 10 times this season, could add 90 in a game for the Scotland U21 team.  There's only 6 games where he has played less than 70minutes as well, so in typical Millertime fashion you're making a big deal out of something that isn't really a thing.

• Upvote 4
37 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's not true, he's played the full 90mins 10 times this season, could add 90 in a game for the Scotland U21 team.  There's only 6 games where he has played less than 70minutes as well, so in typical Millertime fashion you're making a big deal out of something that isn't really a thing.

As opposed to typical minijc fashion and trying to make out you know something others don't, aye?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

As opposed to typical minijc fashion and trying to make out you know something others don't, aye?

In some cases I do though, that's why it's funny when GROWN MEN get all worked up about it.  

Just you continue shouting about the lad being unable to complete 90mins, m8.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

In some cases I do though, that's why it's funny when GROWN MEN get all worked up about it.  

Just you continue shouting about the lad being unable to complete 90mins, m8.

As opposed to a grown man trying to convince people he is "in the know" re the workings of a Scottish football team, aye?

14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But your view means you believe it is hype (whichever version)  & we should cash in now as his value will decrease if not. 
bird in hand type fear of loss rather than faith. 
That is fair enough of that is your view but I am more inclined to gamble on faith & do not view Ramsay as ‘hyped’ in any way. I view him as the best prospect we have had in decades. Including the likes of Fraser etc. My only fear is his agent being as big a cunt as Fraser’s dad

Correct, that's what I said, but in the sense of razzmatazz rather than deception.