Calvin Ramsay

52 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

Well that’s one part of the transaction, yes.

but whilst under contract the seller has an input into the value too.

no different from buying / selling a house really. The two parties need to agree, (apart from instances where a value is inserted as a clause in a contract)

True, but the longer we wait the less he will be worth as he doesn't have that long left?

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

He will sign a new one 

And you think his agent won't stipulate that it has to include an automatic release fee clause?

I'd think he would and set it at something like £4million

The best money we are going to get for him comes with his current contract and within the next 6 months

14 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

2024 isn't it? 

I'd say optimum value on his current contract is this summer.  Clubs will have more money to spend in the summer rather than in January. 

Hopefully we've offered him an extended deal in the meantime. 

I agree.

The only player I’d consider selling this month is Ferguson. Said it before, he’s at his optimum value now.

Hedges I’d keep. We’d get about £300k only, and if Watkins is out until April, as rumoured on Twitter we need to keep him. He’s just about the only attacking player with some pace & creativity. I’ve changed my mind on that.

Ramsay can be sold in the summer. No rush, unless of course we get a very good offer. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, when he can get £15k per week (& the rest) elsewhere next week possibly? 
As I say, he has no need to. 

And as has been pointed out, if he signed a new contract there’d be a release clause of about £4m-£5m anyway, so we’d be no better off as we’ll get that anyway. 

Aye if that’s next week then fair enough but he’s got another 2.5 years on his deal. 

wouldn’t be unheard of for him to sign a new contract on more money for himself and get sold in the next few windows. Protects our investment too. 

1 hour ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Local loon 18 years old and a chance to play in Serie A. Fantastic. But I dont think he's the type to take the huff when we knock them back. Better to stay in the UK where he can still see his mates and family easily.

Aye okay. 

There’s life outside Aberdeen pal. 

• Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Millertime said:

True, but the longer we wait the less he will be worth as he doesn't have that long left?

If I understand correctly, he’s another 2.5 years left, contract expires in summer 2024.

You’re right, the value generally tapers off the closer in to expiry. I don't think that tapering off pattern would start to kick in until say about a year from now.

I’d fully expect us to cash in the chips in either this window or next, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the latter. We’re a selling club, like the vast vast majority in football, but equally, it doesn’t feel like there’s a burning platform in terms of finances…one aspect DC has got right in my view.

I think if someone offers £x and a loan back to the end of the season, that”ll be the sweet spot that’ll be of interest to us…saves panicking about a replacement in the short term.

what the £x is, who knows!

like some have suggested here, I don't think he’ll sign a new contract though. He’s already done that I think.

I think the club will hold firm this month but he’ll be sold in the summer. At this stage accepting an offer with no other right back available would be incompetent. 

Like it’s been said above we’re a selling club we can only hope we get a good offer. Hopefully come the summer he’s still hot property. If you compare him with the boy Doig at Hibs who was getting bids in for him last season and now I honestly couldn’t tell you what kind of a season he’s having.

9 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

You don't say, pal.

18 is very young to be upping sticks to live abroad on your own but he's maybe mature beyond his years and can handle that. Aaron Hickey has.

Fairly sure Hickey had his old man staying with him in Bologna for most of his first season. Everyone’s different, but I’d suspect that won’t have done him that much harm in terms of settling in.

39 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

If I understand correctly, he’s another 2.5 years left, contract expires in summer 2024.

You’re right, the value generally tapers off the closer in to expiry. I don't think that tapering off pattern would start to kick in until say about a year from now.

I’d fully expect us to cash in the chips in either this window or next, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the latter. We’re a selling club, like the vast vast majority in football, but equally, it doesn’t feel like there’s a burning platform in terms of finances…one aspect DC has got right in my view.

I think if someone offers £x and a loan back to the end of the season, that”ll be the sweet spot that’ll be of interest to us…saves panicking about a replacement in the short term.

what the £x is, who knows!

like some have suggested here, I don't think he’ll sign a new contract though. He’s already done that I think.

You're an absolutely superb poster

Superb

18 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

You don't say, pal.

18 is very young to be upping sticks to live abroad on your own but he's maybe mature beyond his years and can handle that. Aaron Hickey has.

18? Is it fuck. 

Choice of going to Italy, brilliant city, food and women. If he fails he’ll end up back at some mid table English pish side. 

Get out there and smell some pants would be my advice to the boy. 

4 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

18? Is it fuck. 

Choice of going to Italy, brilliant city, food and women. If he fails he’ll end up back at some mid table English pish side. 

Maybe Auld shagger Broon could take a wee stint out in Bologna. Calvin could be his wing man on a night oot, and take his cast offs.

3 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I think the club will hold firm this month but he’ll be sold in the summer. At this stage accepting an offer with no other right back available would be incompetent. 

Like it’s been said above we’re a selling club we can only hope we get a good offer. Hopefully come the summer he’s still hot property. If you compare him with the boy Doig at Hibs who was getting bids in for him last season and now I honestly couldn’t tell you what kind of a season he’s having.

Glass/Cormack have already shown great incompetence as far as transfers go. Nothing they can do will surprise me

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

You're an absolutely superb poster

Superb

Thanks Mr Millertime. You seem very insightful & far too intellectual to be on here.

oops wrong log in account. MT you twat

8 hours ago, 1903Fitba said:

18? Is it fuck. 

By that logic go to latin america and start smashin lol. Not sure what his little gf would think of all this hehe

14 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

And you think his agent won't stipulate that it has to include an automatic release fee clause?

I'd think he would and set it at something like £4million

The best money we are going to get for him comes with his current contract and within the next 6 months

Well I’ll be honest I thought his contract was until 2025. 

Who’s to say he wants to leave yet and won’t sign a new contract the lads not long turned 18 not every person that age wants to leave home. All this talk of release clauses to one could be inserted in the clubs favour not just his