Calvin Ramsay

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Clyde 1 "experts" discussed this near the end of the programme. 

Encouraged by the host, Shug Keevins and Kenny Miller (especially) thought that the Bologna offer was a good one and were a bit perplexed as to why we turned it down. All 3 alluded to the Aston Villa offer for McKenna, obviously not knowing the true circumstances of it........and reckon there's a good chance that we will regret not accepting it down the line

Ignorant cunts

Football for me has always been about how good our team is on the park.

Provided the club is solvent I don't really care how much money is in our bank account. 

Or whether we have a shiny new stadium or not. 

For fans it should really be all about the football. I think something is lost when we're celebrating getting a couple of hundred grand for the likes of Hedges or getting a sell on clause for one of our promising young players. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Clyde 1 "experts" discussed this near the end of the programme. 

Encouraged by the host, Shug Keevins and Kenny Miller (especially) thought that the Bologna offer was a good one and were a bit perplexed as to why we turned it down. All 3 alluded to the Aston Villa offer for McKenna, obviously not knowing the true circumstances of it........and reckon there's a good chance that we will regret not accepting it down the line

Ignorant cunts

I could not listen to that myopic, specky Tim cunt Keevins, or any of the semi literate cunts they have masquerading as pundits. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Football for me has always been about how good our team is on the park.

Provided the club is solvent I don't really care how much money is in our bank account. 

Or whether we have a shiny new stadium or not. 

For fans it should really be all about the football. I think something is lost when we're celebrating getting a couple of hundred grand for the likes of Hedges or getting a sell on clause for one of our promising young players. 

Most clubs are selling clubs though. 

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Say we bring in £5m for Calvin and £3m for Ferguson? Where do we think that £8m is going?  Does anyone really think that more than a pittance will be reinvested in the squad? 

This might make me sound old but I don't care.  I don't remember anyone being in a hurry to sell our good young players up until a few years ago.  Now it seems to be more exciting how much you get for a player than it does having a good team on the pitch. 

Seems to be a new thing based on some myth that we'll eventually end up with a better team. 

Maybe I've just got no faith in the leadership at the club but all I've seen the last few years is good players leaving and being replaced with ones that are vastly inferior. 

Exactly correct. The club is run to balance the books and reinvest as much back into the the playing squad and infrastructure as the balance sheets allow. Unfortunately we have a stadium to build and I think 80% will go to that. If it were me I’d twist and speculate. Spend 2-3m on 2 or 3 “star” players and hope we get it right with atleast 1 of them to sell on for even more than Calvin.  We simply have to be turning over players to grow but we also have to recruit well. Hopefully The Dutch lad will be our biggest asset come the end of the season but all transfers are a risk. Let’s not forget europa/conference will increase our turnover by 20-40% if we make it. Massive step up the ladder with that alone. Now’s the time to speculate without doubt!

Just now, 1983 said:

Who’s it directly funded this season?

Our squad this season is as big as it’s ever been (I know it’s doing fuck all). The DNA subs will be funding some of that plus going towards the youth. 
I don’t think anyone who subs wants to see “sponsored by DNA” on the back of a player’s shirt, that would just make them a target. 
DNA is only folk giving extra money to the club at the end of the day, it’s entirely voluntary. The only thing I disagree with is the loyalty points that come along with it. 

2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Our squad this season is as big as it’s ever been (I know it’s doing fuck all). The DNA subs will be funding some of that plus going towards the youth. 
I don’t think anyone who subs wants to see “sponsored by DNA” on the back of a player’s shirt, that would just make them a target. 
DNA is only folk giving extra money to the club at the end of the day, it’s entirely voluntary. The only thing I disagree with is the loyalty points that come along with it. 

Spot on.

It’s strange behaviour greeting about it, if you don’t want to contribute don’t.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

DNA is subsidising shite decision making and poor management. Great.

So fans pay money to be used directly to sign players, which otherwise couldn’t be funded by normal revenue, and the club use it to help pay Gurr, Samuals, Jenks, Longstaff, JET et.al. And then the fans get told how we don’t know what we’re talking about when we query why we’re away to swap a 2nd choice right back for a 4th choice right back?

Maybe the club have too much money if they’re acting like Richard Pryor and spending it on absolute SHITE.

21 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

4 minutes ago, huncunts said:

There's heaps of people that genuinely think they're getting value from it with a 15% season ticket discount, ignoring they've shelled out £216 for that £50 off. If the club can fleece these types to spend it on a bloated squad of crap players then more power to them. 

In one ear, straight out the other ?

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, huncunts said:

There's heaps of people that genuinely think they're getting value from it with a 15% season ticket discount, ignoring they've shelled out £216 for that £50 off. If the club can fleece these types to spend it on a bloated squad of crap players then more power to them. 

People that can afford it pretty much just see it as a donation to the club.

Nothing else.

Where’s the problem, the club benefit.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, huncunts said:

So huncunts, you admit you are a cunt?? 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's only a con if you're not fully aware that it's pretty much just a donation to the club

Im sure most folk who have it realise that. 

Correct.

If I were living back in Aberdeen I'd be contributing to the club by buying a season ticket (and a programme, a pie and bovril, etc.)

Still wanting to contribute though (a true supporter supports) I give by purchasing DNA, RedTV, and merchandise. 

I wish that my club didn't need such a thing as AberDNA, but for now, especially with the pandemic, they do.

My point in posting was to say that if the club were to leave much needed funds 'on the table' by selling Ramsay for less than his true value, then they can't expect the fans to make up the difference (through 'donations)' because they wimped out. 

51 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

People that can afford it pretty much just see it as a donation to the club.

Nothing else.

Where’s the problem, the club benefit.

Nobody buys it for value? Good, tell the club. If everyone sees it as a donation they should immediately change the structure to how Hearts/Hibs do it because we lose £400,000 of the revenue per year in costs, tax, shirts, dna packs and discounts.

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I won’t reconsider paying into the DNA debacle. One of the biggest cons I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They need to start giving folk boxes of maltesers again when you sign up to dna.  Some folk were buying multiple DNA packages in those days! 

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Who’s it directly funded this season?

1 hour ago, huncunts said:

Wow out of all the shit Iv read on here people moaning about the dna pretty much takes the biscuit I recon. 

If you don’t want it don’t pay for it but I’d say it’s more aimed at people like me who want to put money into the club but can’t justify buying a season ticket as live to far away, work, playing football on a Saturday or the likes. if you can afford a season ticket and dna all the better. 

Im sure there is some people on here who it doesn’t matter what the club does they are just moaning cunts who use the internet to have a good moan for the sake of it. 

12 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Correct.

If I were living back in Aberdeen I'd be contributing to the club by buying a season ticket (and a programme, a pie and bovril, etc.)

Still wanting to contribute though (a true supporter supports) I give by purchasing DNA, RedTV, and merchandise. 

I wish that my club didn't need such a thing as AberDNA, but for now, especially with the pandemic, they do.

My point in posting was to say that if the club were to leave much needed funds 'on the table' by selling Ramsay for less than his true value, then they can't expect the fans to make up the difference (through 'donations)' because they wimped out. 

I’m with you Scotty. My lads (contributors on here) and myself do exactly as you do and each purchase a DNA membership, Red TV and spend on merchandise. We are more than agreeable to putting cash (even though it is a small amount overall) towards club finances as it makes us feel more involved.  

• Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

No one in their right mind would contribute to the DNA debacle. Why would a very rich chairman ask fans to help finance players etc when he himself won’t finance the club during a transfer window? The explanation is he is taking the DNA contributors for a ride 

Wow so the chairman has a 100 million so should pump money in when no one else should. We’re all fans of the club and quite frankly we should all help contribute to it not just one man.

If he’s the only man to put money in then quite frankly he can do what he wants and change the name to Dave cormack fc and just play his family. 

2 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Nobody buys it for value? Good, tell the club. If everyone sees it as a donation they should immediately change the structure to how Hearts/Hibs do it because we lose £400,000 of the revenue per year in costs, tax, shirts, dna packs and discounts.

Why is it that the moaniest cunts badmouthing it are so concerned about it when they don’t subscribe to it?

Nobody is forced to take it and many who can’t go to the games see it as a way to support the club.

A great idea from the club.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

You are too easily annoyed 

I pity him. He’s one of those posters that obsesses with permanently moaning about other posters to keep the focus on them to distract from his own inadequacies & general dullardness.

His only input where he hopes to gain a ?or +1 is to play to the crowd moaning about the likes of me. 

it’s actually quite complimentary but I do pity him just a little also all the same

23 minutes ago, thurso said:

Wow so the chairman has a 100 million so should pump money in when no one else should. We’re all fans of the club and quite frankly we should all help contribute to it not just one man.

If he’s the only man to put money in then quite frankly he can do what he wants and change the name to Dave cormack fc and just play his family. 

Isn't that kind of what he's just done - Cormack Park and his chum is head coach following due prawcess?