Calvin Ramsay

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sassuolo? Is that a made up team. Never heard of them. It has been about 30 years since I watched Gazzetta Football Italia though to be fair. 

9th in Seria A, which will make them a lot better than us.

I could be completely wrong but I imagine Ferguson would rather play in England than Italy, even if it meant the Championship as opposed to Seria A 

EDIT - Oops - you were talking about Ramsay & not Ferguson 

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sassuolo? Is that a made up team. Never heard of them. It has been about 30 years since I watched Gazzetta Football Italia though to be fair. 

I would think their fans are probably saying the same as us except 40 years since watching the cup winners cup.

I mean, a right back who is playing badly and scored and own goal in a team almost bottom of the Scottish premiership? I bet that’s got them excited.

7 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Nathan Patterson got called up for Scotland after playing half a game against Boreham Wood and getting hooked at half time before Calvin Ramsay.... and nobody is even raging about it this time. Shows how much the hype has died down on him!

Clarke acknowledged Pattersons lack of game time, but called him as he feels that he'll benefit from the time in the squad and getting minutes into his legs.

8 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Nathan Patterson got called up for Scotland after playing half a game against Boreham Wood and getting hooked at half time before Calvin Ramsay.... and nobody is even raging about it this time. Shows how much the hype has died down on him!

And how right it was not to include him the last time 

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Sassuolo... allegedly 9th in Seria A. Has anyone else ever heard of them before? There's a team in there called Spezia as well. The once mighty Parma sitting 14th in Seria B.

This is what happens when you stop playing Championship Manager, not a clue what's going on outside Scotland any more.

What's alleged about it?

They either are or they aren't 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Clarke acknowledged Pattersons lack of game time, but called him as he feels that he'll benefit from the time in the squad and getting minutes into his legs.

I like what Clarke is doing by picking the same commuted players regularly and getting them plenty caps and experience. But is it really their job to give them games if they are as far out the picture as Patterson? Surely he could have gone with the under 21s and give games to o donnell and hickey at right back

• Upvote 1

Wasn’t even his fault for the own goal. If that bumbling oaf Lewis had dominated his 6 yard area like any decent keeper would do then it doesn’t force Ramsay to stick his leg out rashly at the ball. What a fall from grace joe has had, sad to see for a once great goalie. He gave me the fear every time the ball got near him on Saturday. 

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye some folk get more excited about selling good players than seeing them wearing a red shirt. 

Funny how folk are so into the financial side these days. 

I found that odd the first few months of the season. When the lad was on form and performing well, all you got from folk was 'make the most of it, he's not going to be here long' or 'we better get the right fee' etc.

Loads of folk were obsessed with selling him rather than enjoying having him in the team and hopefully tieing him down to a longer deal.

3 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I found that odd the first few months of the season. When the lad was on form and performing well, all you got from folk was 'make the most of it, he's not going to be here long' or 'we better get the right fee' etc.

Loads of folk were obsessed with selling him rather than enjoying having him in the team and hopefully tieing him down to a longer deal.

Aye.  Imagine summer 1982.

We need to sell that Gordon Strachan now. He's only got 2 years left on his contract. 

Eric Black? Get him sold if someone offers £300k. Bank £150k and reinvest the rest. 

And Willie Miller needs to be sold soon before he gets too old and his value drops. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We need to sell that Gordon Strachan now. He's only got 2 years left on his contract. 

Eric Black? Get him sold if someone offers £300k. Bank £150k and reinvest the rest. 

And Willie Miller needs to be sold soon before he gets too old and his value drops. 

I think times & football have moved on in the last 40 years.

For starters, no such thing as free transfers back then if someone’s contract had finished. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think times & football have moved on in the last 40 years.

For starters, no such thing as free transfers back then if someone’s contract had finished. 

You know the point I'm making though. 

As soon as someone looks good folk want them sold so they can count the cash. 

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

And how right it was not to include him the last time 

?what a load of shite?

Ramsay would have performed just as well v the shite Patterson played & being allowed to concentrate on attacking without worrying about (both players weaknesses) the defensive side of their games. 

Patterson was gifted a platform to elevate his status just for the simple fact he’s a hun 

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You know the point I'm making though. 

As soon as someone looks good folk want them sold so they can count the cash. 

Folk want them sold so we can buy new half decent players rather than lose good players for nothing. That’s the only reason. We’ve been losing good players for pennies ever since the Bosman rule came in. 

jack, McLean, Shinnie, Arneson, mcnaughton, severin, heikkinen, aluko, fraser, fyvie, zerouali, winters. That’s just a quick rummage in my head for players who have gone and we’ve received about a tenner tops then need to go and replace them. 

bringing in 5 million + for mckenna & Cosgrove so we can spend it on Stephen glass, Scott brown and declan gallagher is clearly what we need to be doing…. ?

On 3/22/2022 at 10:51 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye some folk get more excited about selling good players than seeing them wearing a red shirt. 

Funny how folk are so into the financial side these days. 

On 3/22/2022 at 11:20 PM, King Street Loon said:

Some people can see the bigger picture though, I would rather have the money to invest in several players who are better than we have than risk letting him go for nothing. 

On 3/22/2022 at 11:27 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Oh the 80’s, how surprising.

• 2 weeks later...