Calvin Ramsay

1 hour ago, elephantstone78 said:

Imo tierney was and is a far better player than Ramsay. 

Time will tell but I also doubt we will get £5M. Half that figure more likely. 

But, hopefully you’re right. 

I’d say when Tierney broke into the Celtic team at about the same age as Ramsay they were probably at the same level of skill, but Iv watched a lot more of Ramsay than I did of Tierney tho, id hope that’s the kind of trajectory that Ramsay would be on if he stays with us.
The big downside on that is tho Ramsay has practically no chance of champions league football where as Tierney did even tho first season he wasn’t that good in the competition. 

3 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Leeds now been given permission to open talks with him/agent.

Can that happen out with the window? Suppose there’s nothing stopping them agreeing something in principal. 

The reported figures best be well wide of the mark ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Can that happen out with the window? Suppose there’s nothing stopping them agreeing something in principal. 

The reported figures best be well wide of the mark ??‍♂️

They can talk if given permission - just can't sign and play until the window opens

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Actually think leeds would be a great move for him 

Leeds would be good for him in the sense that they also have a team full of defenders that can't actually defend. 

Am I going against the grain here in saying that I've seen nothing in Ramsey that indicates that he's going to be a good defender ? His positional sense is fucking awful, he has poor concentration levels, and he seems mentally and physically very weak. 

All of these faults have cost us goals on a pretty regular basis this season. 

What he does have is pace and decent technique, and it seems that's enough these days to make him a multi million pound player. I say cash in, before anybody realises he can't defend to save his life. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

Leeds would be good for him in the sense that they also have a team full of defenders that can't actually defend. 

Am I going against the grain here in saying that I've seen nothing in Ramsey that indicates that he's going to be a good defender ? His positional sense is fucking awful, he has poor concentration levels, and he seems mentally and physically very weak. 

What he does have is pace and decent technique, and it seems that's enough these days to make him a multi million pound player. I say cash in, before anybody realises he can't defend to save his life. 

Spot on.

We must cash in now before his limitations are sussed.

Still amazed we got £2m for Cosgrove, who was a carthorse when he came, had a purple patch, albeit in Scottish football,  then returned to being a carthorse.

Note he has scored under 5 goals in last 18 months,  in lower England leagues as well.

Ramsay can still greatly improve I suppose but if we are awarded around £4m with add ons I would grab immediately with both hands.

5 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

13 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Spot on.

Tell me you know nothing about football, without telling me you know nothing about football. 

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

They are a bunch of cunts. Fuck playing for Leeds, most huns support them after battle of Britain game years ago.

He will become a League 1 player soon enough when it goes tits up again at Leeds.

He's better than them.

Do they fuck ?

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

They are a bunch of cunts. Fuck playing for Leeds, most huns support them after battle of Britain game years ago.

He will become a League 1 player soon enough when it goes tits up again at Leeds.

He's better than them.

Fucking hell, we don’t get on. I don’t have an English team of any sorts but Leeds would be my choice if someone put a gun to my head ?

7 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Surely it would have to be a fantastic deal for us if we accepting it in April...

Yeah, would've thought we'd have preferred to hold on and try and start some kind of bidding war - unless he has a minimum release clause in his contract, or as you say it is a very good deal. Could it possibly be a loan back to us for a further season or something of that nature?