Calvin Ramsay

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

This is a developing comment by a few on here

Of course it means something to the fans

It means we know our club is getting a healthy wedge of money to reinvest 

It's a really daft thing for people to call out

No , we need the likes of Dynamo to remind us that we're not going to benefit personally from the transfer fee.  I'd been planning on spending my cut on a new TV but I saw his wise words just in time.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, slippers said:

If we can get 3m + 3m add ons for McKenna we should be getting 4m + 4m minimum for Ramsay. Let's not forgot "if" he was to trigger these add ons their is a good chance they will have 1 of the best full backs in the world.

You need help.

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

'Add ons' are only any use to us if he can realistically achieve them,

The add on payments received for Fraser, McKenna and Cosgrove would likely reach the sum total of fuck all so far.  

Probably already triggered ‘some’ add ons for McKenna so far just for appearances but that will go up a fair bit if they win play offs

17 minutes ago, True_Don said:

£4m with add ons and some players on loan would be a decent deal. Not amazing, but the real question is, 4, 5 or 6m...how will it be re-invested? or how much will be re-invested....

Would like to think from approximately £10m taken in from Cosgrove,McKenna,Ramsay that at least half (regardless of covid costs) would have to be put aside for re-investment in first team & prospects but who knows.

25 minutes ago, True_Don said:

£4m with add ons and some players on loan would be a decent deal. Not amazing, but the real question is, 4, 5 or 6m...how will it be re-invested? or how much will be re-invested....

I hope a small bit of the fee is used to come to an agreement with a few contracted players to leave 1 year early. Woods, McLennan, Kennedy (albeit I think JG likes him for some reason).

Also frees up wages to bring in others.

If we got say £7m for Ramsay & Ferguson, we’d only get about half up front, the rest over the duration of their contracts so it’s not like we have £7m in the bank. 

But it still gives us good scope to re-build. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I hope a small bit of the fee is used to come to an agreement with a few contracted players to leave 1 year early. Woods, McLennan, Kennedy (albeit I think JG likes him for some reason).

Also frees up wages to bring in others.

If we got say £7m for Ramsay & Ferguson, we’d only get about half up front, the rest over the duration of their contracts so it’s not like we have £7m in the bank. 

But it still gives us good scope to re-build. 

Not sure why you still think JG likes Kennedy. Was Kennedy not the spanner that killed any chance of us getting McGrath from St Mirren?

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Not sure why you still think JG likes Kennedy. Was Kennedy not the spanner that killed any chance of us getting McGrath from St Mirren?

That tim rat James McClean was the spanner in that deal

I'd suggest some fans look on YouTube to refresh the memory, Ramsey is a magnificent talent and only 18, I'd forgot about some of his tricks,  his pin point crossing and technique is very high hence why Liverpool are in fir him.

It should be fucking 6M minimum with 2M in add ons! Any fan saying otherwise haven't a clue.

Not to mention 2 footed, some virgin on here saying 4M is more than fine even without add ons! ? Fuck me!!

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s publicly said he’s tried to get him in the past when at St Mirren 

Only thing that will save Kennedy is that he is under contract & will likely be the hardest one (of those under contract) to offload to another side. 
Cannot see JG wanting to keep him at all if there was a club interested in taking him of our hands for fk all/getting off wage bill.

2 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

If it was up to us it would be £100m

Lol true, well I hope the club have got healthy add ons included because I think he will only get better with maturity and bring us more money in over the next 2-6 years even.

1 hour ago, redone said:

You need help.

If Ramsay makes RB his own in the next 2-3 years at Liverpool why wouldn’t he be up their? All hypothetical but if he’s to meet all the clauses he’s probably going to have to be first choice.  Only certain calibre of players play for teams like Liverpool. Like it or not Ramsay is an outstanding prospect with the teams he’s attracting. Only time will tell if it works out for him or not. Mental how people can question his ability when Liverpool come calling ?

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Of course it makes a difference. A players worth depends on what difference a level of money makes to that club versus having the player. £4million means more to Aberdeen than it would mean to Rangers.

Offer a rich man £3 for his last Mars Bar and he probably won't sell it to you if he's quite fancying it himself, offer 50p to some mink on his knees on the street and that Mars Bar is yours. I am afraid we are the mink on the street

So if your using mars bars as an analogy about players would Tescos not charge more for a mars bar than a corner shop as they are a bigger company with more turnover. 

3 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Did Anderson not injure himself in his first game at Sunderland? Then never played for them again

No, he came on with 30 mins to go against Wigan if I remember rightly 

About 7 mins into his debut, he got ripped apart by heskey,  brought him down and conceded a penalty

Keane said afterwards he learned a lot about certain players and he never played him again

1 hour ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

I'd suggest some fans look on YouTube to refresh the memory, Ramsey is a magnificent talent and only 18, I'd forgot about some of his tricks,  his pin point crossing and technique is very high hence why Liverpool are in fir him.

It should be fucking 6M minimum with 2M in add ons! Any fan saying otherwise haven't a clue.

Not to mention 2 footed, some virgin on here saying 4M is more than fine even without add ons! ? Fuck me!!

What about 5.99 million and 1.99m add ons?

Nah?

2 hours ago, NEM said:

That tim rat James McClean was the spanner in that deal

So he says but Mcgrath's agent was the biggest issue in Jan and fucked AFC around massively, back last summer Kennedy was an issue as he was supposed to go to St Mirren but decided against it.

43 minutes ago, thurso said:

So if your using mars bars as an analogy about players would Tescos not charge more for a mars bar than a corner shop as they are a bigger company with more turnover. 

You haven't understood the point, and tried to turn it into something that obviously won't work. Let's not get dragged into nonsense like this.

The initial point stands. The wealth (perceived or otherwise) of the selling club will dictate what the player is worth to the club and will impact offers made.

4 hours ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

You haven't understood the point, and tried to turn it into something that obviously won't work. Let's not get dragged into nonsense like this.

The initial point stands. The wealth (perceived or otherwise) of the selling club will dictate what the player is worth to the club and will impact offers made.

doesn’t matter on our perceived wealth. If the club wanted to hold out for more money they would of. 

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Only thing that will save Kennedy is that he is under contract & will likely be the hardest one (of those under contract) to offload to another side. 
Cannot see JG wanting to keep him at all if there was a club interested in taking him of our hands for fk all/getting off wage bill.

Goodwin is a huge fan of Kennedy. Just listen to some of his comments. Goodwin has explicitly said that he is not fussed if Kennedy stays out until pre season as he sees him as key for next season and just wants him fit. Tried to sign him from St Johnstone. Tried to get him last summer.  “A player I really like’. ‘Really key to have him ready for pre season’. Not a chance that Kennedy will be leaving. Said that we have not seen his best and the new physio is tasked with getting him ready for next season. 

8 hours ago, thurso said:

doesn’t matter on our perceived wealth. If the club wanted to hold out for more money they would of. 

I said or otherwise, in this case the otherwise relating to us. £4m upfront was possibly the result of us holding out. Hold out for too much and risk the offer being withdrawn. See Andy Considine's latest contract negotiation.

Out of interest, how much do you want us to hold out for? A genuine question, I'm not baiting or taking the piss