Calvin Ramsay

15 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

yeh 5 million should be the fee at least. remember when we set the McKenna price tag at 10 million then rejected 6.5, where's that level of balls gone?

No we didn't. 

Anyway, let's suppose you're right and we rejected £6.5 million for McKenna. Given the fact we ended up with closer to £3.5 million for him, surely rejecting £6.5 million for really, REALLY fucking stupid? 

I am starting to see why @Millertime gets to exasperated. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Good to hear Nico is still playing football.

100% goals to games ratio for Aberdeen. Can't think of any other player who has had that accolade in competitive games.?

He scored a goal? Cant remember that

On 6/6/2022 at 9:31 AM, DoonTheLine said:

The guy who tweeted this has less followers than me on Twitter yet everyone is posting it and discussing it as gospel ?

I'm not on Twitter, just heard the rumour. I'd have no way know of knowing which sad act had the most followers. 

5 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

We will not get £6M for him. He's nowhere near the level of TAA's back up Neco Williams either so cant see much game time at all for him. Loaned out probably .

With Williams off what may help Ramsay is the five sub rule coming in next season. Klopp may well take TAA off with 15-20 minutes to go if the game has been won and also play Ramsay in Carabao and FA cup games

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Against St. Mirren in the final game of season 2009/10, if I remember correctly. 

He was released soon after.

That was the only game he played for us but he never scored.

Our goal in that game was a Lee Mair OG from a deflection from a Mackie shot.

3 hours ago, slippers said:

Sky reporting that we will only accept an offer way above our 3m record fee. 4m isn't way above 3m in my opinion. Hopefully get at least 5m guaranteed. 

Sky now reporting that slippers from the Hat has released a statement that 4m isn't way above 3m , but 5m minimum,  is .

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

This seems to be going on for an awful long time. Club being too greedy with transfer fee?

Maybe we're trying to negotiate a deal that includes us getting him back on loan. 

Would that be "exciting" enough for the fans that are hellbent on holding Goodwin to account ?

29 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Too greedy? Liverpool are the one with the effective blank cheque, they’re scrimping, want your man - pay up.

Correct. Considering this is the same club that bought that big lump of an impostor of a defender Virgil Van Dijk for £75 million, I'm sure they can pay the market value or what our club value Calvin Ramsay at, if they have any ounce of morality.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Correct. Considering this is the same club that bought that big lump of an impostor of a defender Virgil Van Dijk for £75 million, I'm sure they can pay the market value or what our club value Calvin Ramsay at, if they have morality.

??  Nurse !!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dave Bus said:

Too greedy? Liverpool are the one with the effective blank cheque, they’re scrimping, want your man - pay up.

How do they have a blank cheque? Do they not have other players to sign or wages to pay? First team players that need to be bought to cover players leaving? 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Correct. Considering this is the same club that bought that big lump of an impostor of a defender Virgil Van Dijk for £75 million, I'm sure they can pay the market value or what our club value Calvin Ramsay at, if they have any ounce of morality.

Ok m8

21 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

How do they have a blank cheque? Do they not have other players to sign or wages to pay? First team players that need to be bought to cover players leaving? 

Ok m8

I am not making relative comparisons between the two players as one was allegedly at the peak of his powers at Southampton prior to the most ludicrous transfer of all-time and young Ramsay has only just over a season of playing at first team level.

My point being is that they have frequently exhibited their perceived wealth by purchasing players way above their true value, therefore, if reports are to be believed, £4 million for Ramsay is fuck all to them and arguably way below today's market value for the lad. 

34 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I am not making relative comparisons between the two players as one was allegedly at the peak of his powers at Southampton prior to the most ludicrous transfer of all-time and young Ramsay has only just over a season of playing at first team level.

My point being is that they have frequently exhibited their perceived wealth by purchasing players way above their true value, therefore, if reports are to be believed, £4 million for Ramsay is fuck all to them and arguably way below today's market value for the lad. 

Van Dijk is one of the best defenders in world football. To put it into perspective, Man Utd paid more for Harry Maguire.

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Ok m8

because their turnover is £500 million, that smells like a blank cheque to me. Ramsay would be 1% of their turnover 

6 hours ago, slippers said:

Sky reporting that we will only accept an offer way above our 3m record fee. 4m isn't way above 3m in my opinion. Hopefully get at least 5m guaranteed. 

It’s roughly 33.3333333333333333333% more.

That’s quite a lot

£5m would be roughly BOTH our two record fees combined ?

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Oh who cares, it’s not the 80’s anymore.

Completely baseless point.

Simply saying, he is well down the order of distinguished central defenders who have played the game professionally. Miller was well above his level. End of.

The mainstream media, and their willing lapdogs, have so easily brainwashed the weak and meek into believing that Hollish lump is a "world class" defender. A sad cultural representation of our nation.

Individualism is below conformity unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Oh who cares, it’s not the 80’s anymore.

It’s not yesterday anymore & it’s not tomorrow yet either.

In fact, it is now now but the ‘now’ when you wrote the above post is past now, so your post is irrelevant now & nobody cares about it whilst this post is relevant every time you care to read it

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

It tool them 37 years to put up a plaque at their stadium remembering the 39 Italians who died at Heysel, I think that tells you enough about their morality.

• Upvote 2