Calvin Ramsay

3 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

Is he the best youth player we’ve produced since Jess?

Toss up between him, Stephen Wright, Fraser or McNaughton for me. 

He’s certainly on par with Fraser/mcnaughton & maybe even Jess but I wouldn’t credit Wright with anywhere near that level, especially game to game & consistency 

Wright should be only compared to likes of Cammy Smith, Anderson, Dec McManus etc. in reality 

edit lol ? scratch that, I was thinking Scot not Stephen Wright. My bad ?

I think it's testament to how good he is that the criticism has become so nuanced so quickly. 

Yeah he needs to mix up his deliveries.  Might also be a good idea not to ask him to take every single one, going to get a bit predictable for opposition defences. 

But that's how important he's become so quickly. 

Our best attacking outlet 

Our best creator 

Our best crosser 

Our best set piece taker 

Also found time to race back from their touchline to his own goal to block a certain goal which would have lost the game. 

Plays 90 minutes every week as well now. Nae cameos for Mr Gurr to give him a rest. 

And he's just had his 18th birthday. 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think it's testament to how good he is that the criticism has become so nuanced so quickly. 

Yeah he needs to mix up his deliveries.  Might also be a good idea not to ask him to take every single one, going to get a bit predictable for opposition defences. 

But that's how important he's become so quickly. 

Our best attacking outlet 

Our best creator 

Our best crosser 

Our best set piece taker 

Also found time to race back from their touchline to his own goal to block a certain goal which would have lost the game. 

Plays 90 minutes every week as well now. Nae cameos for Mr Gurr to give him a rest. 

And he's just had his 18th birthday. 

100%
I really don’t think it can be overstated just how good he has been & at such a young age. 
He’s playing like he’s been playing first team level for years.

Really hope he will also be in line to take direct free kicks, as he certainly looks like he has just as much of a shout for them as any other in squad right now.

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

100%
I really don’t think it can be overstated just how good he has been & at such a young age. 
He’s playing like he’s been playing first team level for years.

Really hope he will also be in line to take direct free kicks, as he certainly looks like he has just as much of a shout for them as any other in squad right now.

Wants to take the penalties too if Thursday was any indicator 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Wants to take the penalties too if Thursday was any indicator 

Maybe just that he wants his first goal & foul was on him rather than him wanting to actually be our penalty taker ?

Probably a wee bit of banter going with him & Mackenzie cos MacKenzie has his first goal to brag over him 

6 minutes ago, TopDon said:

Pair of hun turncoats the both of them. Ramsay is destined for more than that, no question. 

Hope he’s not got ANY leanings towards any of the arse cheeks.

I hate it when a young player says they support an EPL team as that usually means they are hiding a leaning towards one of the arsecheeks also & the EPL is a deflection.

Would rather they just came out & said it’s Aberdeen or nae cunt. Like Campbell for example & interestingly enough one of my sneaking suspicions as to why millertime hates him ? he’s unsure as yet of Ramsay but I feel if he was to find out he liked a weegie team he could ignore a few crosses that hit the first man then

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hope he’s not got ANY leanings towards any of the arse cheeks.

I hate it when a young player says they support an EPL team as that usually means they are hiding a leaning towards one of the arsecheeks also & the EPL is a deflection.

Would rather they just came out & said it’s Aberdeen or nae cunt. Like Campbell for example & interestingly enough one of my sneaking suspicions as to why millertime hates him ? he’s unsure as yet of Ramsay but I feel if he was to find out he liked a weegie team he could ignore a few crosses that hit the first man then

Was it not him that was going on about being at the United game at Tannadice where Arnason scored his howitzer?

5 hours ago, slippers said:

This kid is going straight to the top! Unbelievable how quickly he is developing. We need to enjoy it while we can as he won’t be here next summer if he carries on like this. He must of been man of the match in atleast half our games this season. If wolves and Newcastle are watching there players with us it won’t be long till they pick up on him. The best prospect I’ve seen in a dons shirt. 

Wont be here next summer? What on earth?

I'll eat my season ticket if anyone bids enough for us to sell him that quick. we dont do big fees

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Wont be here next summer? What on earth?

I'll eat my season ticket if anyone bids enough for us to sell him that quick. we dont do big fees

To be honest, if he continues at this level, it's not going to go unnoticed.  He's an 18-year old boy and looks several levels above all those around him. 

If he doesn't have a dip in form, that is going to be noticed.  It wouldn't surprise me if word is already starting to get around.  It didn't take long for Ryan Fraser to be identified - and I think Ramsay might be better than Fraser.  It was a similar situation though, Fraser came in from nowhere, as a young lad and was instantly our best player.

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

To be honest, if he continues at this level, it's not going to go unnoticed.  He's an 18-year old boy and looks several levels above all those around him. 

If he doesn't have a dip in form, that is going to be noticed.  It wouldn't surprise me if word is already starting to get around.  It didn't take long for Ryan Fraser to be identified - and I think Ramsay might be better than Fraser.  It was a similar situation though, Fraser came in from nowhere, as a young lad and was instantly our best player.

Hopefully Ramsay has more than 6 months left on his contract and doesn't get offered £400 a week to stay then

Going to Bournemouth was probably the best move he could make. Went to a club where the expectations and eyes on him were less, and he could grow as a player and improve at a decent level. 

If he went to a premiership side, it's likely he'd have fallen through the system and ended up back up in Scotland or playing lower league football in England.

His attitude is what will/is hindering him from making it as a better player.