Calvin Ramsay

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

It'll be some laugh revisiting the clueless fuds in this thread when Ramsay rips it up at Liverpool. 

It's a big step up for the lad but I'm fascinated to see how well he can do as he physically matures and with better coaching and experience playing at a higher level.

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Do you think he’s ready yet ,Parko? I think he’s a good bit off it just now.

Well, I think he's still injured. 

A fully fit Ramsay is definitely good enough. There'll be a learning curve and I'm sure he'll have a few bad games in that time but I've no doubt that he's talented enough and that he'll be a big success in the EPL. 

27 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Injury aside I personally don’t think he’s physically strong enough. He’ll be getting conditioned like he never has been before though. He seems like a confident lad on the pitch and he’ll need to continue that to play at that level. 

I agree, and also he's not a good enough pure defender yet either.
Had he been fit, I think Liverpool would have tried to fire him out on loan to a Championship club and I think they still might come January.

The good news for him is that Terence Trent D'Arby  has shown in his performances this season that he isn't as good as the English pundits made out. Ramsay might be able to challenge for his spot next season.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Had he been fit, I think Liverpool would have tried to fire him out on loan to a Championship club and I think they still might come January.

The good news for him is that Terence Trent D'Arby  has shown in his performances this season that he isn't as good as the English pundits made out. Ramsay might be able to challenge for his spot next season.

No chance he is being loaned out

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Robbo and Tobias Theodore Arneson are pretty terrible defensively tbf

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Well, I think he's still injured. 

A fully fit Ramsay is definitely good enough. There'll be a learning curve and I'm sure he'll have a few bad games in that time but I've no doubt that he's talented enough and that he'll be a big success in the EPL. 

Him not playing and the kopite fan base seeing Alexander Arnold for what he is will actually give Ramsay more leeway in terms of the inevitable mistakes and learning performances cos I reckon as long as he runs they'll be happy enough.

If you look at how well Patterson is doing at Everton I don't think it's the quantum leap some assume it to be.