Christian Ramirez

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

How many chances when he has had service has he squandered?

I think he's a player who's better playing off the striker.

1 I can remember and I've been to all games in Scotland and watched the others on TV.

Fluffed a good opportunity against Hearts, other than that he's had nothing to work with. For me this has been a problem at Aberdeen for too long now. We lack creativity up top which was a problem under McInnes latterly and hasn't really improved under Glass.

47 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Like all strikers he can only score if he gets chances and a bit of luck/confidence . He showed in the first couple of performances he can score and hopefully with Watkins alongside him it will help.

I'm being optimistic. 

He got absolutely fuck all service last night. The first few games when he had JET and Hedges playing alongside him, he was getting more space and more chances.  Last night he was isolated and barely got a sniff of the ball without coming deep.

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

He got absolutely fuck all service last night. The first few games when he had JET and Hedges playing alongside him, he was getting more space and more chances.  Last night he was isolated and barely got a sniff of the ball without coming deep.

Yip. Said to my mate i felt sorry for Ramirez. Knocking his pan in, but nobody within 40 yards of him and no service. 

Just now, dazzy_deff said:

Yip. Said to my mate i felt sorry for Ramirez. Knocking his pan in, but nobody within 40 yards of him and no service. 

Aye. Canna fault his effort at all. Zero support and up against 2 decent, streetwise (terrible football cliche) centre half's. 

Thankless task 

More I think about it, I've nae idea how our midfield was set up last night. All over the shop 

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Aye. Canna fault his effort at all. Zero support and up against 2 decent, streetwise (terrible football cliche) centre half's. 

Thankless task 

More I think about it, I've nae idea how our midfield was set up last night. All over the shop 

He looked totally fucked. But we've got literally nobody we could have taken on for him - and even if we did, until the midfield set up changed, i dont think it would have made an iota of difference. 

Yeah, if he was missing chance after chance I would be concerned but he’s literally getting one a game. The lack of creativity in the squad is the biggest issue. We saw last night how isolated Ramirez was and when a ball was played into the box it was easy for the keeper. 

The worrying thing is we have an attacking coach yet we don’t create anything or score any goals.

19 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

He looked totally fucked. But we've got literally nobody we could have taken on for him - and even if we did, until the midfield set up changed, i dont think it would have made an iota of difference. 

When he got that dead leg it really hit home that we had no viable options. McGinn was a waste of a jersey as usual.

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Yeah, if he was missing chance after chance I would be concerned but he’s literally getting one a game. The lack of creativity in the squad is the biggest issue. We saw last night how isolated Ramirez was and when a ball was played into the box it was easy for the keeper. 

The worrying thing is we have an attacking coach yet we don’t create anything or score any goals.

We lacked the players last night to do anything creative with Hedges and McLennan out, Ojo played deeper than he has done most of the season and JET on the bench.

We had to rely on Hayes and the full backs. Hayes worked tirelessly, but had zero product and we couldn't push Mackenzie and Ramsey forward al the time as it leaves us exposed. 

Hopefully with the two new signings, and if rumours true about longstaff then we'll be in a much better place attacking wise. Hedges back as well soon, that should give us plenty options going forward.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

I look forward to him leaving, should never have be given deals by McInnes then Glass.

He'll always be remembered fondly, and to me he's been one of, if not the, best player we've had in the past 15 years. He really needs to hang up his boots and leave his legacy intact. He's done absolutely nothing this season and is long past his best. 

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

I look forward to him leaving, should never have be given deals by McInnes then Glass.

Shouldn’t have taken him back after Korea. Done absolutely nothing since then.

15 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

We lacked the players last night to do anything creative with Hedges and McLennan out, Ojo played deeper than he has done most of the season and JET on the bench.

We had to rely on Hayes and the full backs. Hayes worked tirelessly, but had zero product and we couldn't push Mackenzie and Ramsey forward al the time as it leaves us exposed. 

Hopefully with the two new signings, and if rumours true about longstaff then we'll be in a much better place attacking wise. Hedges back as well soon, that should give us plenty options going forward.

Ferguson should be doing more IMO and Jenks is meant to be an attacking mid I think so between them they should have been more positive. Ojo at least tried to get things going but agree he was having to defend too much instead.

11 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

He'll always be remembered fondly, and to me he's been one of, if not the, best player we've had in the past 15 years. He really needs to hang up his boots and leave his legacy intact. He's done absolutely nothing this season and is long past his best. 

Totally agree, one of the best players we’ve had in a good while but it’s been years now since he was effective. I suspect he will be on a good wage too.

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Easily the best in the last 15 years.

Also, forever grateful for him staying on after his first season - first time in ages we didn't lose a player to EL1/EL2 the minute they became a standout in our team.  For the next 4 seasons, we had pretty good record for player retention, and I think McGinn's decision influenced that.

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Scoring hasn’t been a huge problem this season in fairness. It’s the other end where the issue is.

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s almost as if 6 games in the opposition’s sussed press Lewis, force ball to non ball-comfortable Centre Half (choose either) double up and smother Brown and watch lone striker get completely isolated.  Oh, and two full backs very comfortable in attack you say? Well let’s attack them (us) and force them to stay in their own 1/3Rd 60 yds from our goal then...

Doesnt strike me as a particularly cunning plan.  Just basic competence.

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You can't polish a turd.

Hayes and McGinn are done. McLennan isn't wired right and JET despite having some decent technique is just not going to influence us enough over the course of the season.

He may be able to get a tune out of Ramirez, Watkins, Hedges and Samuel so see how that goes.

• 4 weeks later...

I am going to stick up here for Ramirez a bit. He definitely needs another striker up top with him. He will be our top scorer this season but I will be honest and say who the hell is going to get near him? Samuels, Watkins, JET etc are not strikers in a million years. Ferguson might be the closest in the scoring charts but that is only because he is on penalties.

Cormack and Glass bummed about playing attacking football…..next time they both would be better keeping their mouths shut.

34 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The chance he missed in the first half was poor. 

I think he can hold the ball and be effective and hold the ball well, when he's not isolated against 3 centre halves like he was yesterday. 

He's running around like a headless chicken trying to influence the game. It's not for the sake of it. 

He's a good player, which is clear I think to most, he's just not got guys as good around him. 

Watkins and Hedges either side of him, and I think he'd be much better. 

Seriously have no idea how you think he’s a good player. If he came from England I’m not convinced you’d say that. No idea why he gets a free pass.